WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   UI Feedback Thread (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38749)

Haleth 01-20-12 07:04 PM

PM me your code and I'll gladly help. Let's keep the coding stuff out of UI feedback though :)

Clynikal 01-20-12 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleth (Post 251305)
PM me your code and I'll gladly help. Let's keep the coding stuff out of UI feedback though :)

Ooph. I'll be sure to keep that in mind from now on.
And PM'd :>

Ravensaber 01-20-12 08:13 PM

Started over!!!

Decided to get a fresh start on my ui. thought I would share...

**NOTE*** for comments its not even close to being done...this is more of a layout posting, and not all those little details thing:):)

Feedback on anything or suggestions are always welcome though..

Solo - layout.

25Raid - Layout.

Unkn 01-20-12 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravensaber (Post 251314)
Decided to get a fresh start on my ui. thought I would share...

**NOTE*** for comments its not even close to being done...this is more of a layout posting, and not all those little details thing:):)

Feedback on anything or suggestions are always welcome though..

/snip

Can I make a suggestion before you get to set on your layout. That 3rd action bar can be hidden in combat, judging by the icons on there. Perhaps put a cooldown tracker there ... cooline,forte exorcist, sexycooldowns... something along those lines or just leave it as free space. At the moment the block of action bars is looking busy.

I am really digging those unit frames though :)

Ravensaber 01-20-12 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unkn (Post 251315)
Can I make a suggestion before you get to set on your layout. That 3rd action bar can be hidden in combat, judging by the icons on there. Perhaps put a cooldown tracker there ... cooline,forte exorcist, sexycooldowns... something along those lines or just leave it as free space. At the moment the block of action bars is looking busy.

I am really digging those unit frames though :)

Regarding the buttons...I had that originally, however on a few classes like my hunter, and tank, I use alot more spaces, and kinda like to see what is available..

I suppose I could just have different setups for different roles...but im trying for a everyone can use thing here...

Ither 01-20-12 09:58 PM

Here is another try -- this time I went for the "just because I have a 30 inch monitor doesn't mean I need to use it all."

This is kinda cool--but I don't know.

Most times I'm fully zoomed out so it doesn't really look like middle is clustered as my screen shot makes it seem.

Any smaller and I can't read font.

Ignore the raid markers --

I think this setup was the best tbh -- it was large enough that I could easily see all my information and not cause me to squint on such a large monitor.

Wimpface 01-21-12 10:29 AM

On the topic of large monitors, September over on the EU forums had some great success with minimalism on larger resolutions back at the start of WotLK. I'm not sure if September is still around, or if screenshots can be found as it was before the new forums were introduced.

I'm also unsure of how large his resolution was, but he sure made it look good. He also played on a mac, if I recall. :D

Ravensaber 01-21-12 12:49 PM

Added some things.

I finished the player/target/boss frames.
Added Grid
Added Recount/omen
Made a few texture changes.

Unkn 01-21-12 03:58 PM

I get having one ui for all toons. I do that on most of mine. So that 3rd row makes sense now

Othgar 01-21-12 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just my UF's and XP bar wip. Still a long ways to go before the rest is presentable but I was hoping I could get some feedback on this part at least before I move on.

Attachment 6766

Pown 01-22-12 09:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my UI. Idle and in Combat, suggestions are welcome! Been using this for quite some time now and whenever I try to change something it just comes out bad :<

Clynikal 01-22-12 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pown (Post 251377)
Here's my UI. Idle and in Combat, suggestions are welcome! Been using this for quite some time now and whenever I try to change something it just comes out bad :<

I like the setup :> Here's a few minute things that I would suggest.
• Change the font on your dps meter and class timers [perhaps unit frames as well] to the font of your combat scrolling text.
• The border used on your buffs/debuffs should be used on your action bars too or vice versa.

Rosoaa 01-22-12 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeek (Post 251317)
Here is another try -- this time I went for the "just because I have a 30 inch monitor doesn't mean I need to use it all."

This is kinda cool--but I don't know.

Most times I'm fully zoomed out so it doesn't really look like middle is clustered as my screen shot makes it seem.

Any smaller and I can't read font.

Ignore the raid markers --

I think this setup was the best tbh -- it was large enough that I could easily see all my information and not cause me to squint on such a large monitor.

I like your unit frames. What nonpixel font are you using?

Aftermathhqt 01-22-12 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosoaa (Post 251385)

ITC Avant Garde Gothic LT Medium

Ither 01-22-12 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosoaa (Post 251385)

Decker Bold is the font used for my UI.

Chat is ITC Avant Garde Gothic LT Medium so it's easier to see against the world.

Ither 01-22-12 04:22 PM

Back to the board again -- this one I'm really liking now that I got everything setup right.

Left chat screen (needed to be configured so screenshots are sort of jacked up) is all chat and right chat screen is nothing but exp, rep, honor, loot, money etc.

Grid is completely hidden in solo, visible in 5-man with horizontal grouping, and in 25 vertical grouping when its a bg or raid.

Cairenn 01-22-12 04:32 PM

Locking this thread now, since we've given you guys a whole forum to use instead of just this single thread. :)