WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General WoW Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   So, Next Expansion Enthusiasm? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41643)

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 01:12 PM

So, Next Expansion Enthusiasm?

So upon hearing the new race/class at blizzcon through the livestream, I ran up to my boyfriend's room screaming PANDAS!!!! He asked me what was wrong, so I slapped him and screamed MOOOONKS!!!! and ran back out.

Over enthusiastic? Maybe. But I'm gonna love my Blood Elf Monk <3 xD
Axes Fists staves of my.

How was your guy's reaction(s)? ;D

haylie 10-21-11 01:41 PM

New expansion? Do tell. Also, breathe.

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 01:44 PM

I forget how to sometimes!

Think most of the information can be found on fan sites by now,

Link
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMO-CHAMPION
Pandaren Racials
Bouncy: reduces fall damage by half.
Inner peace: double rested XP.
Gourmand: +15 to cooking.
Epicurean: double stats to food buffs.

Interview with Chris Metzen on Direct TV
The pandas were actually going to be the alliance race in The Burning Crusade but Blizzard changed their mind.
The pandas will be playable by both Alliance and Horde.

Features
Level cap raised to 90
New class: Monk
New race: Pandarens
Pve Scenarios
Pet Battle System (Pokemonnn!)
New Talents
New continent
Challenge Mode Dungeons

Link
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
What is Mists of Pandaria?
The goal is to combine new gameplay with most fun parts of the past.
The plan is to get people back into the world, instead of having players roam around Stormwind and Orgrimmar all the time once they reach max level.
Developers want you to do what you want to do to progress your character. They really want you to feel like you have a menu of content where you can pick whatever you want to do, and you shouldn't feel forced to do something to progress your character. For example, daily quests will reward you with valor points but it will still be faster if you raid of course.
Character builds are going to be entirely revamped. Talents were still too cookie cutter, so the developers want to give players more choices in their talents.

Pandaria
5 New leveling zones to explore
Single, unified continent
Influenced by Asian landscapes
AH, Bank, and Central Questing Hub
No flying until max level
There's 5 leveling zones but they are very large zones, and you won't have your flying mount.

Lore of Pandaria
A long, storied history.
Magically hidden since The Sundering
A new land to explore....
Pandaria was discovered during the cataclysm, a naval battle between horde and alliance was taking place close to it.

Pandaren starting zone
It's a turtle! It left Pandaria 10 000 years ago and never came back. Pandarens who wanted to discover the world left on that turtle.
Story focused with simple mechanics
Cross faction, choose Horde/Alliance at level 10.

Creatures of Pandaria
The Jinyu are fish-like creatures and will be in a wide number of zones.
The Hozu are a monkey-like race, they stand up on their legs and can walk around. They play tons of pranks on the local pandarens and are also in a lot of zones.
Verming are ... new kobolds, they kinda look like evil bunnies.
Mantid: Whole raids and dungeons around this race. Insect race that has been there since the beginning of ages. They have been seperated by a giant wall. They are starting to go crazy and are going through the wall
Mogu: Ancient race, original race on pandaria. The mogu want the island back from the pandaren, they are really mad. You will see them in dungeons.
Sha: Manifestation of the evil energies that flow through the earth. If there is any sort of battle these guys pop up.

The Jade Forest
This is where Alliance and Horde will be landing. The horde is washing up on the north side, the alliance on the south side. There will be one unified start zone and Alliance/Horde will end up meeting up in the middle.
Lush rainforests and stone spires
The Alliance will try to become friend with the Hozu, and the Horde with the Jinyu and will try to turn them against each other.
Temple of the Jade Serpent will be the dungeon of this zone. It will be your 85-86 Dungeon, it has been taken over by Sh

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 246266)
New expansion? Do tell. Also, breathe.

Nibelheim 10-21-11 01:46 PM

Their Diablo 3 deal is interesting. Not a bad way of keeping those who would have left for Diablo 3.

Seerah 10-21-11 01:46 PM

<333

Hubby and I signed up for the annual pass already, too. :)

Coote 10-21-11 01:47 PM

Can't wait.

BRB, freezing myself until Beta arrives. Thaw me out then, pl0x!

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 01:50 PM

Pretty much lol!
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 246271)
Can't wait.

BRB, freezing myself until Beta arrives. Thaw me out then, pl0x!

I'm going to sign up in a bit myself, I was sad when they said I had to pay for an annual subscription, but I saw on the site you only had to agree not to stop your subscription for a year and you could still pay 15$ a month! We so excited.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 246270)
<333

Hubby and I signed up for the annual pass already, too. :)

Very Much so! I WANT THE CE EDITION OMGZ. I'm going to sleep naked with the box. I love the Thumb Drive with the diablo skull.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 246269)
Their Diablo 3 deal is interesting. Not a bad way of keeping those who would have left for Diablo 3.

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 02:20 PM

Monks are not a Hero Class D: Level one oh my.

And no autoattack, time to break your hand spamming buttons!

Coote 10-21-11 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal (Post 246273)
And no autoattack, time to break your hand spamming buttons!

Sounds to me like it should be renamed to Bard. ;0

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 02:29 PM

You should see the new talent trees ;D
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 246274)
Sounds to me like it should be renamed to Bard. ;0

Coote 10-21-11 02:34 PM

I fell asleep when they were showing the talents. :(

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 02:38 PM

This is a small sum of it. Reminds me a bit of DiabloIII, where you can just switch in and out abilities when ever. Sounds like a great idea in theory, hope it works in practice. Cookie cutters are still going to be there, no matter how much they want to get rid of them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MMO-Champ
Talent System 2.0
The talent system is gone! Ok, not really, but it's greatly changed.
You now have your class abilities, your spec abilities, and your talents.
You still choose your spec at level 10, and you get a spec ability at level 10. You will get additional spec abilities later. There are anything that you really need to function, they will just be given to you to make sure you have all the tools you need to have.

Example - Prot Paladin
LVL 10 - Avenger's Shield
LVL 20 - Hammer of the Righteous (Prot and Ret)
LVL 30 - Judgement of the Just (Passive)

Talents
There is not talent points or ranks.
There is one talent pree per class.
You earn talents every 15 levels.
You get to choose 1 out of 3 every time you get a new point, you can only pick one of them and can't go back to get the other ones.
There will be no mandatory talent. There won't be any cookie cutter build or anything, it will depend on what kind of optional ability you want.
You can now change talents as easily as you change glyphs.
More info in the Talent Tree Panel at 2:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 246276)
I fell asleep when they were showing the talents. :(

Coote 10-21-11 02:44 PM

HO! LY! CR! AP!

I gave up all hope of Azshara Crater ever seeing the light of day when Cataclysm was announced. HELL YEAH! HELL YEAH! HELL YEAH! BOI!

/nerdgasm

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 02:49 PM

Nerdgasm indeed. Also, I was a huge pokemon fan in the past xD Yay for ingame battle pets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 246279)
HO! LY! CR! AP!

I gave up all hope of Azshara Crater ever seeing the light of day when Cataclysm was announced. HELL YEAH! HELL YEAH! HELL YEAH! BOI!

/nerdgasm

Coote 10-21-11 02:52 PM

I love the new changes!

Going from everything is a hunter weapon to nothing is a hunter weapon.
Rogue/Warrior will throw their melee weapons instead of bother with ranged weapons.
Wands now MH weapons for casters.
Warlocks - GONE! (I laughed my arse off when he joked about that)

I actualy still play Pokemon, and I'm 24. I have every Pokemon ROM from GB/GBC/GBA on my PSP, even.

NOOOOOOOOOOO THEY'RE REMOVING TOTEMS!!!!!!!

Aaaaand Druids now have 4 talent trees...

BRB, going to delete my Shamans. :'(

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 02:57 PM

Was just about to quote that lol! The no monimum range is... a little scary. It scares me quite a bit. Throwing my daggers >> makes me think of Kusarigama weapons tbh (google it). New MH weapon for casters will be wands? Interesting.

I will probably be rerolling if I don't like the rogue class still in 5.0. This expansion was boring for me. I guess Polearms will be for druids and monks(?) mainly.

Totems didn't need to get removed... just reworked. That might be a bad choice, seeing as how totems are what symbolize that class, especially since they gave each race new totem skins.

Druids... 4 Talents? I didn't see this D: What could the forth be? Will Feral have Feral Cat and Feral Bear spec? If it's like that they could of made it so that there was a cat effect and bear effect for each talent like it has been.

Quote:

Ranged Weapons
Hunter minimum range is gone!
Hunter melee weapon is gone!
Ranged slot for all other characters are gone.
Relics are gone.
Rogues and warriors can now throw their melee weapon
Wands become main hand weapons
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 246281)
I love the new changes!

Going from everything is a hunter weapon to nothing is a hunter weapon.
Rogue/Warrior will throw their melee weapons instead of bother with ranged weapons.
Wands now MH weapons for casters.
Warlocks - GONE! (I laughed my arse off when he joked about that)

I actualy still play Pokemon, and I'm 24. I have every Pokemon ROM from GB/GBC/GBA on my PSP, even.

NOOOOOOOOOOO THEY'RE REMOVING TOTEMS!!!!!!!

BRB, going to delete my Shamans. :'(

Haleth 10-21-11 03:07 PM

Loving every bit of it apart from the pet battles. I hope that Scenarios will get a higher priority than pets.

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 03:21 PM

Pretty much, but the fact that they said that pets will be obtainable through different weather/seasons/time of day makes me wonder if they are going to improve the weather system for WoW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleth (Post 246283)
Loving every bit of it apart from the pet battles. I hope that Scenarios will get a higher priority than pets.

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 03:32 PM

Wait... what... oh gawd, every rogue with shadow step?! Is this a dream?! I need to find more pants, think that was my last pair :<

Quote:

Access to stuff you never could before. If you were a subtlety rogue you knew you weren't going to get something like Killing Spree. And because talents are going to be all in the same tree, you're going to be able to combine them in a way that you never could before. For example, any rogue can have Shadowstep!

Nibelheim 10-21-11 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal (Post 246288)
Wait... what... oh gawd, every rogue with shadow step?! Is this a dream?! I need to find more pants, think that was my last pair :<

You be rogue?! Why am I surprised? All the coolest people are rogues ;)

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 03:39 PM

Think most of my interface pictures are of rogues ;D I got 2 85 rogues a 81 and a 47 rogue. They are my favorite class by far.Though I might try monk just so i have the option of tanking. ESPECIALLY since achievements seem to be cross characters now. Leveling up with DD and Light of Dawn? Win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 246289)
You be rogue?! Why am I surprised? All the coolest people are rogues ;)

Nibelheim 10-21-11 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal (Post 246290)
Think most of my interface pictures are of rogues ;D I got 2 85 rogues a 81 and a 47 rogue. They are my favorite class by far.Though I might try monk just so i have the option of tanking. ESPECIALLY since achievements seem to be cross characters now. Leveling up with DD and Light of Dawn? Win.

Aye, was thinking of Monk as well. Hopefully the pet system isn't too involved, I never liked pets :p

Lily.Petal 10-21-11 03:50 PM

I collect them as I go, xD few here and there. Just waiting on the new talent tree for rogues to be released.

Can't wait. But overall my right side of my brain is screaming GO MONK LILY and my left is going might as well, you get all your hard earned achievements anyways!

Though, starting at level one is the only thing making me think twice. If it was 55 like a hero class, definitely I would do it. Either way I'll have all my BoA's ready. Blood Elf Monk ;D how amazing is that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 246291)
Aye, was thinking of Monk as well. Hopefully the pet system isn't too involved, I never liked pets :p

Seerah 10-21-11 06:35 PM

Totems aren't gone but the buff totems are. They wanted you to feel like you don't *have* to put down mana tide, etc. totems or be a totem buff whore for your raid. They added a couple new totems and some really cool totem mechanics at the lvl 90 talents to choose from.

Nibelheim 10-21-11 06:37 PM

Gees. With the amount of UI changes, it might be time for me to stop UI work.

Dridzt 10-21-11 07:31 PM

I don't mind them encapsulating features from the "competition" since I absolutely like what they're doing.

Talking about things like:
- PvE scenarios + no role trinity required = directly out of GW2 announced features.
- No auto-attacks for new class = also lifted off GW2 announced features.

I just hope these do make it to live and don't end up as a marketing ploy only to be scrapped on the road to production (like path of the titans for example)
with whatever weak excuse.

My paranoia aside I'm pretty excited about what I see :p

Vlad 10-21-11 07:56 PM

I've never been directly against any XP-pack and I am not against MoP either, but I must admit that the "wow this is cool" factor is very low for me, I guess just monks and pandas don't appeal to me -not to mention I kind of miss being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore, I like that, I am born explorer. :P

I guess one cool thing is the DOTA BG, now I won't get my hopes up because I know they show a lot to hype the game but at release some announcements always are removed. Dancing and vashjir raid comes to mind... anyway, I am not too excited, I don't feel this to be as fun as the other once. :(

Ketho 10-21-11 08:04 PM

The Dungeon Challenges look like it would add a lot more competitiveness and teamwork to it :)

(and also make addons that track that kind of stuff obsolete)

熊猫人给力!!Pandaren FTW~~

Be3f. 10-21-11 08:26 PM

Pokémon, gotta catch 'em all

Coote 10-21-11 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 246299)
Totems aren't gone but the buff totems are. They wanted you to feel like you don't *have* to put down mana tide, etc. totems or be a totem buff whore for your raid. They added a couple new totems and some really cool totem mechanics at the lvl 90 talents to choose from.

True, but removing the buff totems, and replacing them with utility totems will ruin the entire feel of the class. One thing I love about Shamans is being surrounded by my totems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ketho (Post 246305)
(and also make addons that track that kind of stuff obsolete)

I doubt it. There will definitely be addons that track it, and/or display it far better than the default interface will. =P

Seerah 10-21-11 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladinator (Post 246304)
I've never been directly against any XP-pack and I am not against MoP either, but I must admit that the "wow this is cool" factor is very low for me, I guess just monks and pandas don't appeal to me -not to mention I kind of miss being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore, I like that, I am born explorer. :P

The "wow" factor is definitely there for me. And not just for the new race/class. The talent system overhaul looks real promising, too. And you are being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore. :p There are 5 new zones on the island continent and they're HUGE.

Dridzt 10-21-11 09:25 PM

The new talent system is somewhat limited I think and there's hints developers know it.
(I'll try to justify that statement a bit further down)

What we have here is actually a meta-talent system.

I explain myself.
The exercise for players will not be "which spec is better for the job",
leading usually to a cookie-cutter spec with essential talents for prot, prot-pvp, dps, raid-heal etc and a few "floater" points.

Instead for min-maxers (and you can bet this will trickle down to the masses) you'll have 5-4 variations to a theme and swap talents per boss (or maybe even per pull).
At least that's what the "changing talents on the fly will be as fast and easy as changing glyphs is now" tells me.

I'm not entirely sure how this will pan out in terms of fluidity and immersion.
I fear it may turn out with unanticipated effects in actual (ab)use.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 02:31 AM

Actually, there still is Tank Healing and DPS still, the no role thing was just for the scenarios. And to be honest, I believe most of these new updates were Influenced by Guild Wars and Diablo3 (not lifted off). The only class with no auto attack is the monk. Their entire Talent system is directly influenced by their Diablo3 Set up.

Path of the Titans got removed because it couldn't work. At all sadly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dridzt (Post 246303)
I don't mind them encapsulating features from the "competition" since I absolutely like what they're doing.

Talking about things like:
- PvE scenarios + no role trinity required = directly out of GW2 announced features.
- No auto-attacks for new class = also lifted off GW2 announced features.

I just hope these do make it to live and don't end up as a marketing ploy only to be scrapped on the road to production (like path of the titans for example)
with whatever weak excuse.

My paranoia aside I'm pretty excited about what I see :p

The panda model I am not happy about, I thought it was going to be similiar to the panda monk pet :< But the monk class OMFG Can you Say Draenei Monk? It's the closest to ever playing a rogue for that class, and I can work on the rogue offset gear from instances for them. And the Island basically isa continent, it's huge, something close to Northrend Size.

They needed to give the "War between the Factions" attention. We've been at this war for ever with no real given thought for it. Hopefully PvP will be given a huge look at, and make PvP a huge part of the expansion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladinator (Post 246304)

I guess one cool thing is the DOTA BG, now I won't get my hopes up because I know they show a lot to hype the game but at release some announcements always are removed. Dancing and vashjir raid comes to mind... anyway, I am not too excited, I don't feel this to be as fun as the other once. :(

The totems needed to be reworked. They were very clunky, especially in PvP. They needed a chance. Totems aren't really removed, but they have been remade to be used as utility.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 246307)
True, but removing the buff totems, and replacing them with utility totems will ruin the entire feel of the class. One thing I love about Shamans is being surrounded by my totems.

I doubt it. There will definitely be addons that track it, and/or display it far better than the default interface will. =P

The WOW factor is definately there for me. I didn't have any hype for cata at all. I just cross my fingers and hope models will be reworked as well for characters sooner or later as well. Granted, I'm not happy about 'another' island type continent like northrend, But I really can't wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 246309)
The "wow" factor is definitely there for me. And not just for the new race/class. The talent system overhaul looks real promising, too. And you are being given a whole new continent of many zones to explore. :p There are 5 new zones on the island continent and they're HUGE.

Xrystal 10-22-11 02:50 AM

Hmm, read the small print for the Annual Pass, must be a resident of USA, New Zealand etc .. No mention of UK. Free Diablo game will be as per your country settings. Erm what if I want to play the US version like I do WoW. Oh well, guess I just wait for it to come out like normal.

But definitely sounds good. Have 7 85s at the moment so will give me the opportunity to have fun with those again getting them to 90.

Nibelheim 10-22-11 02:50 AM

Their continuation of McQueues for all the content is a bit of a downer, and their new design of easy+quick heroics. I may have to find an MMO more catered towards my now somewhat outdated tastes >.<

Quote:

Free Diablo game will be as per your country settings. Erm what if I want to play the US version like I do WoW.
I wonder if it will be like their Australian setup, where you can still choose to play on US realms. Though it's unlikely :(

Quote:

Very Much so! I WANT THE CE EDITION OMGZ
Can I be there when you get it? I want to see you... unwrap it :o

I feel I've put too much negativity into this thread. Time to balance it out.

Cookies!!

Rilgamon 10-22-11 02:54 AM

We're lazy, most of us. That means the majority will end up with "only" 6 talent points spent and never change it again.
Now my warrior tank has all the selfhealing points and even glyphed it. With 5.0 I have to chose one of the three ...

For a new char you have to "wait" weeks before you can spend a new point.
I fear that this will lead to less new chars and (even more) empty starting zones after the initial hype.

I kind of like the idea but I dont like what it means for wow ... we're moving again farther away from a roleplay game. I personally LOVE spending my points and it gives me a feeling of choice and that I formed this char.

They add a new tank/healer so I really am looking forward to it ... but not that exited :)

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 03:22 AM

LOL! Sure why not xD
For you Australians, can't really help you, but I wouldn't mind quick difficult dungeons. But that's what the challenging mode is for right? Is it going to be Normal > Heroic > Challenging? I'm not to sure. I hope this might be the set up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 246324)
Their continuation of McQueues for all the content is a bit of a downer, and their new design of easy+quick heroics. I may have to find an MMO more catered towards my now somewhat outdated tastes >.<

I wonder if it will be like their Australian setup, where you can still choose to play on US realms. Though it's unlikely :(

Can I be there when you get it? I want to see you... unwrap it :o

I feel I've put too much negativity into this thread. Time to balance it out.

Cookies!!

You get all your class/spec abilities as you level up though. The talents sound amazing... but every 15 levels for a major talent might scare me a bit. Monk tank and dps <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilgamon (Post 246325)
We're lazy, most of us. That means the majority will end up with "only" 6 talent points spent and never change it again.
Now my warrior tank has all the selfhealing points and even glyphed it. With 5.0 I have to chose one of the three ...

For a new char you have to "wait" weeks before you can spend a new point.
I fear that this will lead to less new chars and (even more) empty starting zones after the initial hype.

I kind of like the idea but I dont like what it means for wow ... we're moving again farther away from a roleplay game. I personally LOVE spending my points and it gives me a feeling of choice and that I formed this char.

They add a new tank/healer so I really am looking forward to it ... but not that exited :)

haylie 10-22-11 06:37 AM

New race and class sound kinda meh, but I am excited about the hunter changes. Maybe I'll give this expansion a try.

Anyone know if you can register for beta if your account is frozen?

Phanx 10-22-11 06:38 AM

Half of that stuff sounds like an April Fools joke, and the other half sounds like they're changing or removing anything remotely hard, complicated, inconvenient, time-consuming, or otherwise not conducive to mindless instant gratification. I've already quit raiding, and only log on for a few hours once a week. From the look of things, I don't see myself buying the next expansion, or probably playing at all once it comes out. If I wanted to play something with pandas and duelling mini-pets, I'd just play Pokemon, or download some virtual pet app on my phone, or play some zoo game on Facebook. :(

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 07:01 AM

No idea, the No range weapons for melee/casters and no melee weapon for hunters sounds interesting I suppose. I know I am doingthe Annual idea so I can get a free Beta invite and free DiabloIII game. Regardless I am still going to buy the CE box for DIII, it's to sexy not to buy it. Just like the Baldurs Gate II CE nom nom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 246331)
New race and class sound kinda meh, but I am excited about the hunter changes. Maybe I'll give this expansion a try.

All I got to say: Draenei Monk combination. Or Even Blood Elf Monk. It's... to amazing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 246332)
Half of that stuff sounds like an April Fools joke, and the other half sounds like they're changing or removing anything remotely hard, complicated, inconvenient, time-consuming, or otherwise not conducive to mindless instant gratification. I've already quit raiding, and only log on for a few hours once a week. From the look of things, I don't see myself buying the next expansion, or probably playing at all once it comes out. If I wanted to play something with pandas and duelling mini-pets, I'd just play Pokemon, or download some virtual pet app on my phone, or play some zoo game on Facebook. :(

haylie 10-22-11 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal (Post 246333)
No idea, the No range weapons for melee/casters and no melee weapon for hunters sounds interesting I suppose.

It just makes hunters more of what they were supposed to be from the start, a ranged class. In the past they've been everything from rogue with a pet to mage with a ranged weapon. Now it seems Blizzard has finally decided what they want hunters to be. I just hope pets will play a more important part for all hunters, now that they're doing away with talent specs.

Moxie 10-22-11 09:03 AM

I think it looks pretty interesting. It'll be nice to have something playful and silly to do in WoW in between raiding or grinding up a character for the Classy X achievements.

Rilgamon 10-22-11 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 246331)

Sign up for the 12month subscription to get diablo for free, a mount and beta-access. If you're as addicted as I am and will continue the game even in it's current 12yo-style it costs you nothing ;)

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 10:00 AM

I'm loving the new achievement system. Gives me a reason to change mains PLUS I'll be close to the account 'have every class' what ev's achievement. All I need is to finish leveling my warlock and druid, and then roll monk and I am done :) Might as well get that out of the way. And yes, more things to do between raids will be amazing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Decabah (Post 246342)
I think it looks pretty interesting. It'll be nice to have something playful and silly to do in WoW in between raiding or grinding up a character for the Classy X achievements.

Haylie has been off WoW for a while :P And if you're an addict like I am, you'd do the 12 month thing AND get the CE edition set for DIII just cause you want the box and all the perks with it.

Have you seen that box? I haven't wanted a CE edition of anything since Witcher II's, which I still have in my bookcase in it's little glass case. Kicking my boyfriend out of the bed and keeping the box on his pillow for a few days. ;D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilgamon (Post 246343)
Sign up for the 12month subscription to get diablo for free, a mount and beta-access. If you're as addicted as I am and will continue the game even in it's current 12yo-style it costs you nothing ;)

-----------------------------

Nessaja 10-22-11 11:31 AM

They COULD change the player-models... i.e fix the feet/hands, and not to mention the HUGE BAMF weapons female humans seems to possess.

How about the dance styles? More hairstyles like the ones in he CE Artbooks. I mean, those Draenei ones made me just drool. And the list just goes on.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 11:42 AM

The reason I play a Human now is because of that. It's the best part ;D New Hair styles would be nice, REAL nice, but I want them to fix hands/feet and the shoulder skeletons right now. Look at orc or human males when they move their shoulders, same with Blood Elf females. Looks pretty horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nessaja (Post 246362)
They COULD change the player-models... i.e fix the feet/hands, and not to mention the HUGE BAMF weapons female humans seems to possess.

How about the dance styles? More hairstyles like the ones in he CE Artbooks. I mean, those Draenei ones made me just drool. And the list just goes on.

Epiphany17 10-22-11 11:45 AM

I was so pumped watching the live stream!

I am really excited about the Monk class, Pandarens as well! Though I will need to see the female model first :P

The new talent system looks epic as well :3

I signed up for my annual pass as soon as it was available! The beta got me hooked. I've always wanted to be in one but never have any luck DX

SOPUMPED.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 11:54 AM

Im watching the raid live stream right meow lol so hilarious. Blood Legion defeated Vodka in a race to kill H Rag. They were screaming so hard xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246364)
I was so pumped watching the live stream!

I am really excited about the Monk class, Pandarens as well! Though I will need to see the female model first :P

The new talent system looks epic as well :3

I signed up for my annual pass as soon as it was available! The beta got me hooked. I've always wanted to be in one but never have any luck DX

SOPUMPED.

Epiphany17 10-22-11 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily.Petal (Post 246365)
Im watching the raid live stream right meow lol so hilarious. Blood Legion defeated Vodka in a race to kill H Rag. They were screaming so hard xD

Haha yes! That has to be so soul crushing to wipe in the live raid... ugh.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 12:01 PM

Ya, I didn't see their feed. BL's RL was screaming at them to shut up the entire time. Good day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246366)
Haha yes! That has to be so soul crushing to wipe in the live raid... ugh.

Moxie 10-22-11 12:20 PM

Was pretty embarrassing to hear them sling epithets over Vent, but it was interesting to watch it once muted.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 12:46 PM

Pretty much, reminds me of my old guild back in TBC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decabah (Post 246368)
Was pretty embarrassing to hear them sling epithets over Vent, but it was interesting to watch it once muted.

Right now I am watching some of the arena tournament fights. Skill Capped vs Team EG, wish they had more melee classes in some of their teams. Caster Arena seems a little boring a lot.

kasca 10-22-11 02:29 PM

On the whole iam not impressed. Again only 5 lvls. New race but no new slots. So alot of peaple will have to change realms to try one. Iam not happy with what we got. It all end game and very little for the regular players. New talents,again. =(

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 02:34 PM

They stated that they didn't want to reach level 100 so fast with expansions when Cata came out.

If you watch the live stream or the Q&A posted on MMO champ they stated that they might take off the character limit per realm and just make it that you can only have 50 characters max overall, so you might get to make more than 10.

The talents were changed again because they didn't want cookie cutter builds, but builds you can change on the fly and use for multiple scenarios and won't determine your mass overall DPS. Pretty much why the major talent trees don't have a lot of huge PvE abilities and are Utility abilities, you get the main DPS abilities as you level.

Not trying to be rude, but wanted to make sure you had all the information about what you said and clear things up <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasca (Post 246371)
On the whole iam not impressed. Again only 5 lvls. New race but no new slots. So alot of peaple will have to change realms to try one. Iam not happy with what we got. It all end game and very little for the regular players. New talents,again. =(

Btw, watching the costume contest.

Sylvanas Windrunner, Sylvanas Windrunner, A Tree! Sylvanas Windrunner, Scooter the Snail! Sylvanas Windrunner!

I wish I could of gotten a ticket to blizzcon and wore my Vanessa VanCleef outfit QQ Totally was going to get my hair done exactly like her's too.
- - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - -
More than 10 characters per realm?! YES
MY BOW! NOOOOOOOOOO! /cry; I just realized this OMG the time spent farming it /cry/cry/wrist/cry
Also, Called the Ammo Pouch and Quiver. I was like +10 points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Q) I have 10 characters, will you add an 11th slot so we can have all 11 classes?

A) Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm

Q) Regarding hunters; you are eliminating the use for melee weapons, are we still going to be able to equip it? Can we also get some mace love?

A) There are not any plans for that now, we are probably not going to let you equip melee. If it makes you feel better, the rogues wont be able to equip the orange legendary bow either. We do want to change hunters so you can see quivers and or ammo pouches, potentially customize them, etc.

kasca 10-22-11 05:24 PM

ya any realm let see them do that. Again you move away from freinds. Screw the dam 12 year olds. What i read about classes iam looking at other games. Taken melee away from some..so Bliz what do i do whin it smacking me and i cant cast. OH ya die. Again stupid. Whin they going to go ever quest and make the whole dam game group or go home? I for one want to see the Big Zones NOW! not whin i can solo the dam places. There taken all the fun out the game for some new player. We going to get bunch new faction you cant get exalted with? Like i said first on the whole this looks like crap.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 05:28 PM

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense sorry.

How would you move away from friends? My quote basically says instead of 10 characters per realm with a max of 50 on all servers, they are making it so that you can have all 50 characters on one realm instead.

How are they taking away melee? You mean from Hunters who's only melee ability is Raptor Strike? They are getting rid of the Minimum range from Hunter's so that they can use range abilities when a person is right in their face. Good trade since melee was useless for them anyway.

They are also giving quiver and bullet bag/sacks for Hunters. Which has been wanted ever since Hunters came out with release.

Your post has a lot of things that: a) don't make sense b) hasn't even been spoken of.

Please quote or give a source on some things you are complaining about or try to be a little clear on it :<

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasca (Post 246376)
ya any realm let see them do that. Again you move away from freinds. Screw the dam 12 year olds. What i read about classes iam looking at other games. Taken melee away from some..so Bliz what do i do whin it smacking me and i cant cast. OH ya die. Again stupid. Whin they going to go ever quest and make the whole dam game group or go home? I for one want to see the Big Zones NOW! not whin i can solo the dam places. There taken all the fun out the game for some new player. We going to get bunch new faction you cant get exalted with? Like i said first on the whole this looks like crap.

Also, for the people playing rogues: Vendetta gives the ability for Vengeful Strike usable 30 yards away while the debuff is active. I'm going to love doing bosses like Atramedes and Casting vendetta with VS then using Deadly Throw ;D it's only a 30 energy to use VS as well.

Moxie 10-22-11 07:12 PM

I definitely do like the change to hunters. Wands as main weapons should be interesting as well.

kasca 10-22-11 10:11 PM

WOW we get our bags BACK..woot. again well be missing a bog for other stuff. The way it read is (to me) there takeing melee away from any class they dont use melee. That mean you stand and die. Hard to understand. Go back to school. I see NOTHING about more on a realm. If you need to change realms to play a new toon you leave your freinds. How can you not understand. Learn to read.

Moxie 10-22-11 11:02 PM

The only class that had abilities unusable in melee were hunters. And the minimum range has been taken away from them, meaning they'll be able to defend themselves.

Re:more characters on one realm:

"A) Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm" -- you can have all 50 characters on one realm, if you desire. There you go.

I fail to see what's hard to understand about that or why it's necessary to be so completely rude about it. This latest expansion announcement seems to have brought the mean out in a lot of people.

Lily.Petal 10-22-11 11:59 PM

I love the change, it's been needed for a while. They just need to balance the damage of hunters so it doesn't seem like a huge problem for everyone else. Wands as a MH.. not sohappy about. I liked the current weapons of staff, dagger, sword. I saw if Spell Casters get wand as a MH combat rogues should get Fast OH weapons again that are not daggers
:<

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decabah (Post 246380)
I definitely do like the change to hunters. Wands as main weapons should be interesting as well.

You're either clearly trolling or can't read any of the Q&A sections. Go back to school? I'm not the one with the broken to Hell English. ^^

I posted a DIRECT quote they said about their stance on how many characters they want per server/realm, do I need to link the direct link for the quote? If so I have no problem doing so.

Link. It's like 6th Question down.

We are the WoWI community, we are not mean to each other. I don't need you insulting me while I am clearly having trouble understanding your hard to read/comprehend English, and being told I am wrong on a subject that I already proved wrong to you.

I have no problem with people who do not like the new expansion, this is a discussion thread after all and ALL OF THIS is based on OPINIONS. But not when that opinion is based off completely wrong facts and I am just trying to show you that the facts you believe to be true are not.

I'm not talking about the subject anymore, either get rid of the attitude and come back or just leave because this thread will close for off topic discussion and/or for trolling otherwise. <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasca (Post 246385)
WOW we get our bags BACK..woot. again well be missing a bog for other stuff. The way it read is (to me) there takeing melee away from any class they dont use melee. That mean you stand and die. Hard to understand. Go back to school. I see NOTHING about more on a realm. If you need to change realms to play a new toon you leave your freinds. How can you not understand. Learn to read.

Decabah, you said pretty much the same thing I did ;D I hope it gets across to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decabah (Post 246386)
The only class that had abilities unusable in melee were hunters. And the minimum range has been taken away from them, meaning they'll be able to defend themselves.

Re:more characters on one realm:

"A) Not sure just yet, might keep the current character cap but let you have them on any realm, so you can have many many charaters on one realm" -- you can have all 50 characters on one realm, if you desire. There you go.

I fail to see what's hard to understand about that or why it's necessary to be so completely rude about it. This latest expansion announcement seems to have brought the mean out in a lot of people.

Monk Ability Video

I couldn't help smiling at the video, I'm going draenei so I can't wait to see the AoE ability and kicking attacks with their hooves XDDDD