WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Turn off chat fade? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30770)

earle117 02-18-10 08:22 PM

Turn off chat fade?

Hi, I'm working on my interface, and I'm just wondering if there's an AddOn out there that people know about that turns off how chat/combat logs fade out after time. I'd prefer it to be here on WoWI but if there's nothing here than something from Curse is fine, too.

Thanks

Torhal 02-18-10 09:51 PM

Prat has a module for this.

Taryble 02-19-10 11:35 AM

As does Chatter. I'm too lazy to provide a link, tho'. :)

earle117 02-19-10 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torhal (Post 179093)
Prat has a module for this.

Oh cool, I use Prat, guess I never noticed that module.

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way, Torhal, I used to think my hair was long and kickass... I concede to you. That's some sick hair.

earle117 02-22-10 04:04 PM

Ok, so I looked around in Prat, and you're right, it does have a Fade module, but my main problem is that it only affects the General frame for me, I have that on the left and my Combat Log separated and on the other side of the screen, and it still fades out while the chat frame doesn't. I actually never really noticed the chat frame fading before anyways, since I'm nearly always talking to people, but I go through long periods where nothing is being logged in the combat frame so it fades out, it doesn't look right against my UI when it's faded.:banana:

Taryble 02-22-10 04:38 PM

Chatter's implementation works on all the chatframes, as far as I've been able to test.

harrellj 02-22-10 06:19 PM

Prat's settings work on all chatframes. There should be a checkbox for each one.

earle117 02-23-10 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taryble (Post 179535)
Chatter's implementation works on all the chatframes, as far as I've been able to test.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrellj (Post 179542)
Prat's settings work on all chatframes. There should be a checkbox for each one.

When I open the Fading module, it only shows a checkbox for General. Right now I'm just using the standard Combat Log, only I separated the frame. Only chat mod being used at the moment is Prat, also.

Ravendwyr 02-23-10 10:49 AM

I myself don't use Chatter's or Prat's fading module. I simply add one line to an addon:
Code:

DEFAULT_CHATFRAME_ALPHA = 0
This should make all chatframe backgrounds invisible all the time (which I personally like). Of course you can edit the number, provided it's between 0 and 1, to choose how transparent or opaque you'd like your background to be; 0 being invisible and 1 being completely opaque.

It won't hide the borders however. I suggest you look at this if you want to hide them.

Taryble 02-23-10 11:02 AM

He's talking about how the text fades out over time, not the background of the chatframe.

Ravendwyr 02-23-10 11:05 AM

Whoops! That will teach me for not reading the whole thread first. :(

nightcracker 02-23-10 11:24 AM

Paste this snippet in any addon you want and you should be done:
Code:

for i=1,7 do _G["ChatFrame"..i]:SetFading(0) end
No need for 500kB Prat or Chatter :)

Seerah 02-23-10 01:29 PM

*ahem* they already use Prat for its other features. ;)

earle117 02-24-10 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightcracker (Post 179598)
Paste this snippet in any addon you want and you should be done:
Code:

for i=1,7 do _G["ChatFrame"..i]:SetFading(0) end
No need for 500kB Prat or Chatter :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 179605)
*ahem* they already use Prat for its other features. ;)

Lol yeah, I just like Prat, and I've tried Chatter before and like it also.

And I doubt I'd even notice 500kb, I don't exactly run a light UI, I've got over 100mb memory usage somtimes =/

So I can just open up any AddOn I have (probably Prat since I'll remember that easily) paste that in, and it will stop my chat frames from fading?