WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Social Module (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   "No player named '[Player Name]' is currently playing." (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50872)

Cogspinner 12-26-14 04:34 AM

"No player named '[Player Name]' is currently playing."

Hello, reporting a bug that I have found in the Carbonite Social. I tracked it to when people that I add to friends (Or Carbinite adding them to pals, it seems.) goes offline. I receive a message every 10 seconds stating (Player name masked at the respect of the player I tested it with):
Quote:

[01:50:33]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[01:50:43]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[01:50:53]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[01:51:03]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
The only way to stop the spam from it is a /reload or delete the pal and friend then readding them. The first case happened with a friend who changed their character name so I had figured that it was the issue there. However, I have since had this happen with a character that has never had a name change and one I know was a pal and not a friend (I never readded this person to friends since the last time I played a couple years ago and have not spoken to them since coming back.). I do not have any other addons that interact with the friends list that I am aware of (Verbose list, Options and modules included);
Code:

!BugGrabber
Align (Typically disabled, only used for UI setup and configuration)
BagBrother
Bagnon
Bagnon_Config
Bagnon_GuildBank
Bagnon_VoidStorage
Bartender4
Carbonite.Info
Carbonite.Items
Carbonite.Notes
Carbonite.Notes.Sample
Carbonite.Quests
Carbonite.Social
Carbonite.Transfer: disabled
Carbonite.Warehouse
Carbonite.Weekly
Carbonite: enabled
CarboniteItems
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer
Chatter
ElkBuffBars
ErrorFilter
GatherMate2
GatherSageCT
IceHUD
IceHUD_Options
MasterPlan
MogIt
MogIt_Accessories
MogIt_Armorkinis
MogIt_Armory
MogIt_Armory_Cloth
MogIt_Armory_Leather
MogIt_Armory_Mail
MogIt_Armory_Plate
MogIt_Boutique
MogIt_Cloth
MogIt_Highlighter
MogIt_Leather
MogIt_Mail
MogIt_OneHanded
MogIt_Other
MogIt_Plate
MogIt_Ranged
MogIt_Roleplay
MogIt_Sets
MogIt_SetTransmog
MogIt_TwoHanded
MogIt_Wardrobe
MogIt_WowHead
MyRolePlay
NoDuel
OmniCC
OmniCC_Config
OPie
Quartz
Recount
SexyMap
SharedMediaAdditionalFonts
SimpleCalc
tekticles
TidyPlates
TidyPlates_Graphite
TidyPlates_Grey
TidyPlates_Neon
TidyPlates_Quate
TidyPlatesHub
TidyPlatesWidgets
TipTac
TipTacItemRef
TipTacOptions
TipTacTalents
xCT+
XLoot
XLoot_Frame
XLoot_Group
XLoot_Master
XLoot_Monitor
ZPerl
ZPerl_ArcaneBar
ZPerl_CustomHighlight
ZPerl_Options
ZPerl_Party
ZPerl_PartyPet
ZPerl_Player
ZPerl_PlayerBuffs
ZPerl_PlayerPet
ZPerl_RaidAdmin
ZPerl_RaidFrames
ZPerl_RaidHelper
ZPerl_RaidMonitor
ZPerl_RaidPets: disabled
ZPerl_Target
ZPerl_TargetTarget

gOOvER 12-26-14 05:10 AM

I have the same messages, but also without installed Carbonite. I think, thats a Blizz Bug.. An other Guildmate have the same Problem

ircdirk 12-26-14 05:22 AM

Try removing Carbonite.Social.lua from WTF folder i might help with this.

Cogspinner 12-26-14 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gOOvER (Post 303263)
I have the same messages, but also without installed Carbonite. I think, thats a Blizz Bug.. An other Guildmate have the same Problem

Strange though that I get it with a person that isn't even added on any Blizzard friend list (Not the one I tested it with tonight.). I get it on fresh characters long after I stopped talking to them and had since deleted the chars friended to them (Logging in made them Pals on my Social). Moreso, I started getting this right after I was testing the Github Carbonite beta before release but not before. I'll try forcing it tomorrow when the person I tested with and see what I get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 303264)
Try removing Carbonite.Social.lua from WTF folder i might help with this.

I'll try this as well, when I can test it tomorrow.

Cogspinner 12-27-14 07:28 AM

Tested it with the same conditions. Added friend to pals and friends, full Carbonite running:
Quote:

[05:12:43]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:12:49]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:12:59]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:13:09]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
Disabled Carb without changing anything else... No spam at all.

Closed WoW completely and deleted the file pointed out to me. Result being
Quote:

[05:25:12]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:25:18]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:25:24]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:25:30]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
[05:25:36]No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing.
I deleted all Carbonite related files (Through a search of the Blizzard folder, "*Carbonite*") before and after I attempted the GitHUB beta. For now, I will simply disable Social, not a problem really. It will be looked at when it does, I understand the author is a very busy person and I am just glad to have Carbonite back in action.

Kaboca 12-30-14 08:59 AM

Carbonite registered for the FRIENDLIST_UPDATE event, but recently not always occurs when somebody logout, so as a workarround try to run ShowFriend() it might help.
Code:

/run ShowFriends();

Cogspinner 12-30-14 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaboca (Post 303929)
Carbonite registered for the FRIENDLIST_UPDATE event, but recently not always occurs when somebody logout, so as a workarround try to run ShowFriend() it might help.
Code:

/run ShowFriends();

I'll load the Social module and give that a go. On a sidenote, without Social loaded, I received a SINGLE "No player named '[Masked]' is currently playing." (Which spurred me to leave more information). It is not really relevant and I do not think I have any other addons which would check - Though I was in a group with the player that had the information about on another character which never was dissolved properly (We both simply logged off.). Just trying to give as much information as possible!

Dromboarstag 12-30-14 09:07 PM

Same bug - Only 1 common factor

The wife and I are having the same issues however, here's the deal:

She is only using her laptop and only has the main Carbonite file installed along with Fishing Buddy, and Badboy, Gatherer with module, and Titan.

I on the other hand only use my desktop and have Carbonite plus the social, note, warehouse. weekly. and quests modules. My other addons are npc_scan and it's overlays (which are also currently throwing up error messages about carbonite), Archy, Ackis Recipe modules, Auctioneer Suite, Badboy and cleaner module, Bittens with modules, all DBMs, Fishing Buddy, Gatherer with module, Greenwall, Healbot, Micro Decline Duel, Name2Face, Overachiever, Recount, and Titan.

Our common is Carbonite main, Fishing Buddy, Badboy, Gatherer with module, and Titan. I will have us try deleting the WTF folder that was suggest.

**Addendum: Deleted WTF folder and am still getting the multiple notifcations about so and so is not currently playing. So am not going to have the wife do it as it seems to not work for the problem.

samyonair 12-31-14 12:43 AM

For NPC Scan look into Known Issues has to be fixed by npc-scan authors their plugin is out of date

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyonair (Post 302876)
For the Moment following Addons are known as Incompatibe to Carbonite(Version6.0.3):

Without Error Messages:

if I missed one or new ones pop up I will edit this here
*for Npscan_overlay workaround for the moment, delete the carbonite_module in npscanoverlay, by using ALT-M (blizzdefault map ) you can see the overlay needs to be fixed in their code

Grettings Samyonair

and the Player Issue it is a known issue with social but it's combiend by a blizz bug, only the carb module has a function to check for such things so the Error accurs more often, if you chat with someone and the person goes off (Without Carbonite!) this Error accurs sometime else, we will have a look if a workaround can help but we have many things to do on our list so please let us try to get an awesome Carbonite Version it is a huge Project, and we do our best to get a good Version

Greetings Samyonair

stones 12-31-14 03:44 PM

something strange

1 Attachment(s)
Ever since I installed Carbonite 6.0.3 iv seen in my chat window when someone logs off see picture
Attachment 8406

pyrephoenix 01-01-15 01:46 AM

I've been having this happen for months; since at least the beginning of 6.0 if not back to 5.8. At the time I didn't have Carbonite installed as I had too many other addons that were incompatible with it whilst in limbo. I've also seen reports that it could be potentially related to Altoholic/DataStore somehow.

Not saying there's nothing in Carbonite causing it, just that it may not be the only culprit--it may get fixed here and not elsewhere.

samyonair 01-01-15 03:31 AM

It's a Problem of cross-realm future (BlizzBug), I had this also without any addons, it is only bad that the failure comes more often with addons loaded.

Greetings Samyonair

Jynyvieve 01-03-15 09:05 AM

I wanted to add in my voice here too. I get this non stop with social enabled. I run only carbonite, no other addons. Previous to WoD I would get a "hiccup" here and there where it would tell me twice sometimes three times that player named ... not found or not currently playing. Since WoD I have not gotten that notification more than the one time when the person logs off. Then I installed Carb from Curse and now I get it nonstop.

gOOvER 01-03-15 09:48 AM

But this have nothing to do with Carbonite. Doesn't matter if i enabled or disabled Social. I got the same Numbers of Messages ;)

So report this to Blizzard. Thats the easiest way ;)

samyonair 01-03-15 11:34 AM

That is what blizzard says to this:
Quote:

Tailyda
Customer Service

11/10/2012 19:16Posted by Omachi
Updated any chat addons you have?

I read that in a Yoda voice ><

Please do reset your User Interface Exilliance as this should resolve your issue. :)

Instructions on how to do this if you are unsure, can be found here.

Reset UI - WTF, Cache, and Interface folders
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641315#3
old Post

or Recount and Datastore blames

greetings Samyonair

Jynyvieve 01-03-15 11:51 AM

Ok, I want to reiterate that there has got to be a hang up between social and blizzard. I turn off social, I don't get "no player...." spam. I turn on social I get "no player..." spam. I do not run any other addons. If I do not get this message when running zero addons, then it appears the moment I log into the game with social enabled and only goes away when I disable social - reasoning would suggest there is a problem with the addon interacting with the blizzard interface. So saying put a ticket in to blizzard about this is not going to solve it since it does not happen with the blizzard interface only activated. I hope this clears things up.

Edited to add: I am on a new laptop as well. Was a fresh download of WoW with no previous versions of carbonite having been downloaded so there was nothing in cache or wtf to clear.

ircdirk 01-03-15 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jynyvieve (Post 304317)
Ok, I want to reiterate that there has got to be a hang up between social and blizzard. I turn off social, I don't get "no player...." spam. I turn on social I get "no player..." spam. I do not run any other addons. If I do not get this message when running zero addons, then it appears the moment I log into the game with social enabled and only goes away when I disable social - reasoning would suggest there is a problem with the addon interacting with the blizzard interface. So saying put a ticket in to blizzard about this is not going to solve it since it does not happen with the blizzard interface only activated. I hope this clears things up.

Edited to add: I am on a new laptop as well. Was a fresh download of WoW with no previous versions of carbonite having been downloaded so there was nothing in cache or wtf to clear.

But its bug in Blizzard WoW API since Carbonite uses Event FRIENDLIST_UPDATE, but it isnt fired everytime friend logs out as it should.

samyonair 01-04-15 02:50 AM

Just for clarefication,

Have a question, could this be fired for toons with Battle net or with all?

second idea have these log out chars Carb installed too? Because I get it for the moment only with one BN Friend with carb running.

just for reproducing

And can you locate if it is guildmates
or
BattleNetFriends with toons in Friendslist,

search for a Idea how to reproduce it because by me it's only one Person (Uses Carbonite and is BN_Friend, and on fl)

ircdirk 01-04-15 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyonair (Post 304342)
Just for clarefication,

Have a question, could this be fired for toons with Battle net or with all?

second idea have these log out chars Carb installed too? Because I get it for the moment only with one BN Friend with carb running.

just for reproducing

And can you locate if it is guildmates
or
BattleNetFriends with toons in Friendslist,

search for a Idea how to reproduce it because by me it's only one Person (Uses Carbonite and is BN_Friend, and on fl)

I have this only with guild mates which are in pals (they dont have Carb) and logs out. With atl77 which is my BN_Friend i dont have this problem.

When this massage shows running command "/run ShowFriends()" fixes it.

We could catch this massage in chat (and supress it) and then run ShowFriends function to update friends list.

samyonair 01-04-15 06:12 AM

Ircdirk do you play on a conected realm?

I have some thoughts about it, with the person a mentioned before it only happens on connected realm if She is on the other realm will do some tests in free time in cooperation with my brother if i can reproduce it because if I'm on same realm with guildmates, friends etc no problem play although often with a friend from other realm if he is in group and go off no problem, thats why i think it is an ISSUE with connected realms only and will see if console gives me some useful information, or can find out which function in nxsocial is sending information on loggout .. I think its Pal/punk detection but will hopefully see if there is an easier way then a workaround