WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: General Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Carbonite support for Classic? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56311)

Xyan 08-31-19 01:05 PM

I agree with the above post. This was my addon of choice when I played. Now that Classic is released, I'm back full time and came looking.

PLEASE, please reconsider patching for classic. I will be your first subscriber!

rebelian 08-31-19 05:42 PM

I miss carbonite for classic!!! I would get a subscription to use it, or donate monthly via patreon or Brave!

waldosback 09-01-19 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelian (Post 333487)
I miss carbonite for classic!!! I would get a subscription to use it, or donate monthly via patreon or Brave!

This. Seriously. I too resubscribed after not having played WoW since WoD. I used Carbonite since, damn, was it BC?? Pretty sure it was BC, if not the tail end of Vanilla...

I know this isn't the developer's full time job and what not, but seriously, I would also be very interested in donating via Patreon or other means in order to get a Classic version up and going.

I hate retail, honestly, there is a reason I never subbed to or even purchased BfA. I'll probably never play retail again, and, despite using ELVUI for my complete overhaul, I STILL always used and prefer Carbonite for all quests and especially the map and Minimap!

Being without it is like one of those "naked in front of the school" dreams come to life!

AndehX 09-01-19 01:14 PM

+1 this needs to be a thing for classic!

sandlolz 09-02-19 07:14 AM

I think the author should forget retail, and move to Classic. Retail is dead... WoW is back!

jmelecii 09-02-19 08:22 AM

Carbonite much needed

are we working on carbonite? this addon was awesome and really needed, Seriously whats going on with Questie, come on we know Carbonite is better, Pitter patter, lets get at 'er!!!

Xrystal 09-02-19 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ircdirk (Post 333197)
Maybe when i play a little on Classic ill do version for it. All quest data can be scrapped from WoWHead and Maps from dbc files... So there is hope for Classic Carbonite version... but i cant promise anything or any date.

This was his quote a few days ago. Give him a chance to investigate the plausibility when he isn't playing the game or having a life outside of all this. He hasn't promised anything other than a possibility of it happening with no time frame as to when, if , it will be done.

drfuture 09-02-19 03:19 PM

need carbonite on classic.
made account on forums just for this

Mayur 09-03-19 02:39 PM

WoW vanilla database from what i can see i dose have most of information for questing etc.
https://vanillawowdb.com/

Soli 09-04-19 09:20 AM

i miss Carbonite in classic, too :(

jmelecii 09-04-19 03:57 PM

i still miss carbonite

I would definitely pay as well for this addon.

Palladia 09-05-19 02:58 AM

Sorry to repeat what others have already said, but "waaa"! Carbonite was definitely one of my favorite addons and I'm disappointed to see that it's not available for WoW Classic. I'm not mad at the author for not doing all the work necessary to make it, but I am very sad.

sandlolz 09-05-19 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 333531)
This was his quote a few days ago. Give him a chance to investigate the plausibility when he isn't playing the game or having a life outside of all this. He hasn't promised anything other than a possibility of it happening with no time frame as to when, if , it will be done.

'A life' is no excuse. I have a very active/hectic life (wife/kids/business/self employed)... Getting this addon for Classic Trumps all that.

I'll throw real cash at the guy if he works on this ASAP.

relaw 09-05-19 05:17 PM

to have this addon for classic would be a dream come true, this has always been my favorite addon and id even be willing to pay to use it, at this time all i can do is hope and wait, there are no good waypoint addons working for classic I NEED CARBONITE

P.S. I also created an account just to reply to this thread

Bigfoot 09-07-19 03:20 AM

Someone give us hope...

Checking here daily for any signs of hope vor a Classic Carbonite... so far no Luck :( /sadd

Would also donate money any time if someone would port it. Best WoW Addon there ever was, and there ever will be :o

jmelecii 09-07-19 01:17 PM

me too

I check here every morning and evening as well to see if theirs any talk of updates. I'm thinking about putting together a march through Washington DC soon for this addon.

relaw 09-09-19 01:33 PM

I also am checking this thread every single day for an update I need this in my life so much

Kingyoshi9 09-09-19 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 333531)

Would he be willing to take donations as an incentive?
Or is that against the rules?

After all I used to subscribe to Carbonite.

Xrystal 09-09-19 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingyoshi9 (Post 333677)
Would he be willing to take donations as an incentive?
Or is that against the rules?

After all I used to subscribe to Carbonite.

I have no clue, I don't use Carbonite myself but was merely pointing out that he had responded early on. An addon to this scale dealing with the one segment of WOW that was changed massively in Legion/BfA to now not be working in the same way ( actually a mixed version of pre Legion/BfA and post ) in Classic will mean quite a bit of time investigating the extent of the problem and the possibility of a solution. He hasn't said it won't happen, just that he can't promise it will or a timeframe if it does. Hopefully he will let you all know sooner rather than later his opinions on the matter.

And a reminder of the quote from ircdirk early in this thread.
Quote:

Maybe when i play a little on Classic ill do version for it. All quest data can be scrapped from WoWHead and Maps from dbc files... So there is hope for Classic Carbonite version... but i cant promise anything or any date.

waldosback 09-11-19 07:36 AM

Oh I read and remember that post very well.

I'm just wondering if there are other coders here that work on the addon or people capable of doing so that could maybe jump start this little project?

The extent of my programming knowledge is literally old school HTML and some (very limited) C++ and that's about it, otherwise I would honestly not have a problem taking on the dirty work of assembling and gathering what needed to be gathered and assembled for him/her to work with.

I mean, there's a lot of us stating we would donate monetarily, but seriously if there is something I can do as far as putting work in to light the fire under this project, please, I am all ears and more than willing!!!