WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   :-( (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35346)

griffin224 10-09-10 08:54 AM

:-(

I loved the idea of MMOUI Minion, and it worked great until I updated to Windows7 64-bit, then it took me messing around for several hours to even get it to run, even then it was problematic, un-installing addons arbitrarily, finding separate addons for addons suites, then of course an hour later I had to do it all over again, since it would not remember any of my settings. I was hoping to be able to use this and curse updater for all my addon needs, but this doesn't seem to be doing anything but ticking me off, so unfortunately, "Adieu Minion, may our paths cross in the future."

Peyana 10-19-10 10:51 AM

Minion is giving "Internal Error" when updating add-ons

Not all, but a few of my add-ons (Button Facade--Aftermatth (sp?), StatusInform) are getting the "Internal Error" in the status column when updating via Minion. Is this a problem with the add-on, this website, the software, or my settings? I had 4 add-ons that needed to be updated, and out of the 4, 2 received the error message. Can someone help me please? I have manually downloaded the updates, and this only started happening the last few days.

However, this has been happening since I installed Minion--some of my add-ons do not show up on my list as installed, such as XBar, Altoholic, Auctioneer, Collectinator, BonusScanner, Gatherer, etc. Unless I have them marked as Favorites on this web site or somewhere else, I wouldn't know if they needed to be updated or not.

Just wanted to add that I went to the site to report this bug and attach the log file. I signed in, and it said that my password was wrong, so requested help with lost password. I am still waiting on the email for the password reset. Is there another way to submit the log file to you guys? I love that Minion is so helpful with most of my add-ons and I realize it is still in beta, but I'm really getting frustrated in trying to send you the log files you requested, and not getting the login info I need. I guess I could sign up under another name, but I'm sure it would get rejected too since the email address would be the same. Please help!

joshmiller83 10-21-10 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin224 (Post 208596)
I loved the idea of MMOUI Minion, and it worked great until I updated to Windows7 64-bit, then it took me messing around for several hours to even get it to run, even then it was problematic, un-installing addons arbitrarily, finding separate addons for addons suites, then of course an hour later I had to do it all over again, since it would not remember any of my settings. I was hoping to be able to use this and curse updater for all my addon needs, but this doesn't seem to be doing anything but ticking me off, so unfortunately, "Adieu Minion, may our paths cross in the future."

Have the same problem! Keeps losing all my settings, un-ignoring addons, not showing the right version of addons... I guess I am going back to manual installs from WOWI - :( Bene using this for a long time no issue, but lately its having real issues. :( :mad:

adracamas 10-21-10 06:47 PM

Curse also has something that helps with that.. but not a lot of ppl are liking them. Also, people like Carbonite simply stopped using them alltogether. lol I can't claim to understand why, and simply prefer to stay out of the drama to be frank.

adracamas 10-21-10 06:54 PM

I just remembered...

Try opening your command window (WindowsKey + R, type CMD then hit enter.) While at the comand prompt (should look somthing like C:\users\(yourname) ) type
Code:

ipconfig /flushdns
It should then show
Code:

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
You shouldn't have to.. but under good practice reboot your system and hopefully the problem will go away.

joshmiller83 10-21-10 07:34 PM

I think you posted in the wrong Thread. :)

Shirik 10-23-10 10:30 AM

Those of you that are having this problem, can you please send me your log files? (See the sticky at the top of this forum).

t2teddy 10-28-10 03:17 PM

Alrighty. It only happenes with the Atlas addon, however. All the others update just fine if they need it.