WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14960)

Cairenn 02-17-08 02:02 PM

WoWI's Pick(s) of the Week

We're starting a new feature on the site. Every week our staff will pick one new and/or one updated mod from the previous week on our site and give you a brief subjective overview of the mod. This will give authors a chance to have their mod showcased and users a chance to discover mods that they may not have been aware of previously. Hopefully everyone will enjoy this new feature. :)

Seerah starts this new feature off with a overview of Dock. You can see review of it here.

InriHSM 03-04-08 12:27 AM

Thanks!

I've been looking for a while for something that showcases addons that haven't been introduced to the limelight... yet. Too many get passed over due to the addons that have been mainstays for a while and hold the tops of lists. I'd love to see a feature that lists addons that have seen the most increased traffic over the past couple days or weeks that can help us looking for the latest and greatest addon/author that would otherwise be overlooked.

Thanks again for starting the Pick of the Week and I look forward to seeing new picks.

georgectr 03-23-09 07:06 AM

This is the subforum I've been looking for. It is really hard to go over every category and trying every addon that can be found. I have read all the PoTW posts and gathered 5 new mods to try. Thank you for the hard work. This makes it much more friendlier than other sites.

diablo0813 08-16-10 12:38 AM

A Dead Thread?

Has this most awesome thread come to an end?:confused:

Rilgamon 08-16-10 08:30 AM

Do you mean the pick of the week ?

http://www.wowinterface.com/pickofweek.php

diablo0813 08-17-10 09:13 AM

Yes, I meant the Pick(s) of the Week. But there hasn't been a post since the 25th of July. I was wondering if it has been scrapped.

Dolby 08-17-10 09:19 AM

Nope, people go on vacation around this time. Summer...
:)

Nefrirr 08-17-10 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 202808)
Nope, people go on vacation around this time. Summer...
:)

Vacation? I swear I once knew what this word meant... oh, yeah, that thing I sometimes had before my aspirations to get a phd in applied mathematics.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward forward to the next PotW, I read it quite regularily since I started lurking in the wow interface forums around 2008. I just thought the resurrection of this thread might be a good opportunity to show my gratitude to Seerah for the great work. :-)

Seerah 08-17-10 09:33 PM

Yep. Vacation and also no home internet. (Though we have it semi-working now, but only for my laptop and not for playing WoW or playing around with addons.)

I plan to get a new PotW done this coming Sunday.

diablo0813 08-18-10 04:02 AM

Woot!

Glad to hear it!, and Thank You so much for this feature of the site. It really has become something that I eagerly anticipate an update from.

And about the vacation thing...being stuck in Afghanistan atm, I forget that the rest of the world continues along a normal path. I get alittle out of touch out here, hehe.

Minus the no internet thing, I hope you are enjoying the vacation.:)

VincentSDSH 08-18-10 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 202854)
Yep. Vacation and also no home internet.

You seem to be suggesting that there is somehow something outside WoW worth spending time on.

Heretic.

:D

break19 08-18-10 12:15 PM

"vacation" is someone's idea of a sick joke.

I mean, seriously.. most hotel wifi -sucks- for playing wow, and you can forget international trips.. even if you find a decent internet connection, the latency would be horrid..

I'd much rather keep working, so I can afford to keep upgrading my computer and keep paying my wow subscription...

break19

*edit* Oh yea, pay rent, and utilities too.. Oh.. and food.. mustn't forget food.

Narfi 01-10-20 05:18 AM

What happend

Is this discontinued?

tinyu 01-10-20 05:59 AM

If its still a think I nominate Classic Achievements