WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Bug Reports (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   [PTR Beta 5.01.02] Missing Elements (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21266)

Petrah 03-19-09 09:51 AM

[PTR Beta 5.01.02] Missing Elements

1 Attachment(s)
Morning!

Was going to test the nUI PTR Beta yesterday, but they were doing maintenance... so I got on this morning and there was a small patch.

This was tested with fresh Cash, Interface, and WTF folders.

Unit Frames are missing, the minimap is in the wrong place, the Hud button up top is missing (along with Latency and FPS). Black area on the left is still there. The button bag works just fine though :p

Let me know if you need any more info!

spiel2001 03-19-09 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 120890)
Morning!

Was going to test the nUI PTR Beta yesterday, but they were doing maintenance... so I got on this morning and there was a small patch.

This was tested with fresh Cash, Interface, and WTF folders.

Unit Frames are missing, the minimap is in the wrong place, the Hud button up top is missing (along with Latency and FPS). Black area on the left is still there. The button bag works just fine though :p

Let me know if you need any more info!

Can you grab a copy of !Swatter or BugBag and capture the errors? Clearly this patch has changed something in the API that's causing nUI to fail during its load.

Petrah 03-19-09 11:53 AM

Date: 2009-03-19 10:52:18
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ...ault\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_BattlefieldMinimap.lua line 247:
attempt to call global 'BattlefieldMinimap_SetOpacity' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: BattlefieldMinimap_SetOpacity()
...ault\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_BattlefieldMinimap.lua:247: setEnabled()
...ault\InfoPanels\nUI_InfoPanel_BattlefieldMinimap.lua:170: initPanel()
nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:731: applyScale()
nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:846: applyOptions()
nUI\Integration\nUI_InfoPanel.lua:875: applySkin()
nUI\Main\nUI.lua:191:
nUI\Main\nUI.lua:84
AddOns:
Swatter, v5.3.4105 (DingoIII)
nUI, v5.01.02 (PTR Beta)
(ck=3b)

beatific 03-19-09 11:57 AM

Can confirm that I am having the same issues as above.

spiel2001 03-19-09 11:58 AM

OKay -- I know where to look. I'll get another PTR beta release out tonight to address that.

Petrah 03-19-09 12:02 PM

Sorry about forgetting to look at a Swatter report. I keep turning the darn thing off (had to reinstall for PTR). I wish there was a way to place it on Fubar instead of it being in a jacked up place like the side of the screen (I know it can be moved).

Doomlord 03-19-09 01:34 PM

I was just going to post this. It seems the latest PTR patch broke it (the 49Mb one that hit yesterday).

Doomlord 03-19-09 01:38 PM

Also, since the PTR started, the chat panels(Regular chat (left) + combat log(right)) are out of place. Don't know if nUI is the culprit though. (And yes, i did a WTF cleanup)

P.S.:Eugh, sorry for double posting.

neuralassassin 03-22-09 04:08 PM

-silena
might wanna check out bug grabber and bug sack I know they work with titan panel and I think LBDs

Petrah 03-22-09 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neuralassassin (Post 121561)
-silena
might wanna check out bug grabber and bug sack I know they work with titan panel and I think LBDs

Thank you for the suggestion :) I'm such a tard in that I'm not ready to give up Fubar just yet.... or would I have to? Do you think the BrokerToFubar addon that I'm using for another addon will work with Bugsack? I use to use Bugsack and Buggrabber, but at some point it stopped showing up properly on Fubar. I haven't tried it again in awhile.

Tamsiel 03-24-09 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silenia (Post 121573)
Do you think the BrokerToFubar addon that I'm using for another addon will work with Bugsack? I use to use Bugsack and Buggrabber, but at some point it stopped showing up properly on Fubar. I haven't tried it again in awhile.

They should work just fine, running them here (with BrokerToFubar) and not having any issues.

Treboron 03-24-09 01:29 PM

The topic I just started for the LIVE version of the game after weekly maintenance has the same problem. My screen should would be identical...

I could figure out how to make swatter reports as needed.

spiel2001 03-24-09 01:56 PM

If you have swatter installed already... log in, type '/swatter clear' then '/nui rl' -- once that's done, log out and e-mail the file [ WTF > Account > {your account} > SavedVariables > !Swatter.lua ] to me at [email protected]

Petrah 03-24-09 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamsiel (Post 122013)
They should work just fine, running them here (with BrokerToFubar) and not having any issues.

Thank you, Tamsiel!

Petrah 03-24-09 03:51 PM

Scott... was it ever figured out what is causing the black area on the left (as shown in my screenie up top) of my screen?

spiel2001 03-24-09 04:14 PM

I thought it was fixed... are you running the 5.01.03 PTR Beta?

Petrah 03-24-09 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 122151)
I thought it was fixed... are you running the 5.01.03 PTR Beta?

Yes sir, I am. I want to log in once more though and check again. Will let you know in a few as it appears another patch is downloading.

Petrah 03-24-09 04:40 PM

It's gone! I just realized that I never logged into the test server after you released 5.01.03 PTR Beta. Sorry... lots going on lately. Thank you for the fixes!

I am curious though.. what was causing that black area, and how did you fix it?