WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cataclysm Beta Download Category & Forum (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33635)

Cairenn 06-30-10 11:30 PM

Cataclysm Beta Download Category & Forum

Just a note for everyone, now that the NDA has been lifted, we are able to open up a download category for Cataclysm Beta-ready Addons and accompanying forum for discussion.

The download category is here.
The forum is here.

Authors, feel free to start uploading your Cataclysm beta addons for testing. Everyone else, feel free to start downloading them, to help make sure they are ready to go when it goes live. :)

UPDATE: Authors can now gain access to the Cataclysm Beta! Click Here for more information.

Nevcairiel 07-01-10 12:23 AM

How about gettiing us in there, so we can actually develop those addons? :)

Bluspacecow 07-01-10 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevcairiel (Post 195291)
How about gettiing us in there, so we can actually develop those addons? :)

What he said ! :banana:

Cairenn 07-01-10 02:00 AM

Working on it guys! Sheesh! :p

Nevcairiel 07-01-10 02:06 AM

I know, i know, just teasing you. :)

Cairenn 07-01-10 02:13 AM

Nou!

jaliborc 07-01-10 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 195298)
Working on it guys! Sheesh! :p

Glad to hear that. The diff is scaaaaryyy! :p

Nevcairiel 07-01-10 06:29 AM

Well, at least if you are refering to kd3s diff, its just not done perfectly..
The cata UI is based off 3.3(.3), and all the changes from .5 are not in there yet, so it looks like its reverting all this. Diff it against 3.3.3, and it looks alot saner.

jaliborc 07-02-10 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevcairiel (Post 195323)
Well, at least if you are refering to kd3s diff, its just not done perfectly..
The cata UI is based off 3.3(.3), and all the changes from .5 are not in there yet, so it looks like its reverting all this. Diff it against 3.3.3, and it looks alot saner.

Yep, I was referring to kd3s diff.

Dawn 07-06-10 08:40 AM

It might be a "problem" that blizzard is unsure about allowing addons - or better to say, tends to not allow addons for quite some time, in the beta. That could play a role in their decision to give beta keys to addon authors. I'm afraid, if it's going to happen, it's at least not very soon. :(

Bl4ckSh33p 07-07-10 02:44 PM

I hope they have some spare betakeys, soon. :(

Morsker 07-10-10 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn (Post 196112)
It might be a "problem" that blizzard is unsure about allowing addons - or better to say, tends to not allow addons for quite some time, in the beta. That could play a role in their decision to give beta keys to addon authors. I'm afraid, if it's going to happen, it's at least not very soon. :(

I expect they want the mastery-related UI changes thoroughly tested before they let people use addons again. And that does seem to be at least a month off, probably more.

It would be insane never to include authors at all though, since no one else is going to test the API, and someone has to do it.