WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Quests Module (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Quest Log Problem (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51729)

Catitude 01-21-15 10:00 PM

Quest Log Problem

1 Attachment(s)
This is a problem in my sister's Quest Log. We did a screenshot but I found zero error messages.
I have no idea how to even describe it so I'll let the SS speak for itself.

The constant additional lines are present on all of her characters & not exclusive to zone or expansion content.
neither of us have been able to find a setting that would account for this.
Thanks guys :)

samyonair 01-21-15 10:09 PM

Good Morning from Europe,

As I know this was a failure in Development, but should be fixed in Live, can you please show Quest IDS in options to be shown and give the Questnumbers to ircdirk?

Greetings Samyonair

PS Failure comes from imported WOWhead data

ircdirk 01-22-15 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samyonair (Post 305512)
Good Morning from Europe,

As I know this was a failure in Development, but should be fixed in Live, can you please show Quest IDS in options to be shown and give the Questnumbers to ircdirk?

Greetings Samyonair

PS Failure comes from imported WOWhead data

I checked and this isnt fixed... in any version. Its not the problem of questdatabase i think.

atl77 01-22-15 03:08 PM

I don't know. I think that the quest database still features objectives that blizzard has no description for...

Catitude 01-22-15 09:57 PM

All quests...

Thanks for the replies.

All or most of the quests in her quest logs across multiple severs & a huge variety of characters, classes & levels are showing the same issue, even quests that have been minimized show the Null lines as soon as they are maximized.
/reload is not working & I have completely wiped her old Carbonite install & all settings prior to installing the new release.
Sometimes (seemingly random) those null lines disappear & the quests will behave normally but regressing later... I have not been able to replicate it even tho I have seen the issue before maybe 1-2 years ago?

Edit -In the list of known issues with other addons. She is not using any in the list.
Her addons are TRP2, Altoholic, Mogit, Gathermate 2, Master Plan, Bulkie & Garrison Mission Manager.

Thrumbar 01-23-15 12:43 AM

The issue is because you appear to have or she has that is has checked the option to "Show Objectives".
To change this watch this vid. (open the quest list (L key), right click in window and unselce "Show Objectives")

http://youtu.be/mSIMugFiZhs
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catitude (Post 305510)
This is a problem in my sister's Quest Log. We did a screenshot but I found zero error messages.
I have no idea how to even describe it so I'll let the SS speak for itself.

The constant additional lines are present on all of her characters & not exclusive to zone or expansion content.
neither of us have been able to find a setting that would account for this.
Thanks guys :)

Catitude 01-24-15 07:44 PM

Omg!

@ Thrumbar Wow thank you so much you are our hero!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

samyonair 01-25-15 03:21 AM

Thanks Thrumbar, but have found out we have a Problem with blizz new queststyle to show objectives after completed one,

seen that yesterday on legendary questline as e.g. in Nagrand
have forgotten to srceen it

find first note
nil
nil
nil
nil
---
find first note [competed]
find second note
nil
nil
nil
----
and so on

hopefully you can understand what I mean
from my understanding we need a function to hide nil and update after completition in questcode
to avoid this behavior or I'm completely wrong?

Greetings Samyonair

jeffy162 02-17-15 07:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I don't know if it's a problem with Blizzard, or what. All I can tell you is that I came across "nil" in the Quest Log Database. First time I saw this.
Attachment 8513Screen Shot - look at all of the "nil"s.
The thing that amazes me is that they all have a location attached to them. They act like there is more to the quest, but there is something wrong and Carbonite is not printing all of the text. (Just a thought.)

[email protected] 03-02-15 12:33 PM

Nil

There are many quests that Blizzard has changed to have fewer objectives, case in point the Hive quests in Silithus. There used to be quest objectives in all hives, now there is only one. When that quest was set up in Carbonite originally, there were 4 objectives. Now, the removed objectives show as Nil. Other uses of nil that I have also experienced is in the new WoD expansion with progressive objectives. Carbonite wants to show all objectives, but WoW is only releasing one objective at a time.

I hope I have made things clear as mud.

Cylis

PS. When can we hope to see a 6.1 release?

jeffy162 03-02-15 08:22 PM

That... makes sense. Maybe that's why Carbonite shows the "nil"s. Hopefully Rythal can fix Carbonite to use that information.