WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   WoD Beta archived threads (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Moonkin eclipse animation?! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50048)

Phanx 10-14-14 06:06 AM

Moonkin eclipse animation?!

1 Attachment(s)
I'm currently testing my oUF layout on a moonkin on the beta servers, and this always-visible gigantic animated sun/moon thing in the middle of the screen is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Unchecking "Show Spell Alerts" did not help.

semlar 10-14-14 06:11 AM

I'm reasonably confident that this is being rendered in the game world on top of your head as sort of a spell effect.

If you zoom the camera out and pan it around it seems to be tied to your model.

Phanx 10-14-14 06:14 AM

Yeah, I got that impression as well, but am hoping there's some way to get rid of it. I can't believe Blizzard thinks this is a good idea. Not only are there already way too many spell effects in general (which Blizz themselves have admitted, and I think they've also promised to reduce the visibility of other players' spell effects, if they didn't already) but this placement is quite possibly the worst possible. :confused:

I tried searching on the official forums, but that was an exercise in futility.

Lombra 10-14-14 06:32 AM

I don't believe you can. It's just a spell effect like any other. Like those lil' things that briefly appear above your head when you change warrior stances.

semlar 10-14-14 06:33 AM

Well, you could probably hack the model out of the game files but I imagine that's frowned upon.

Haleth 10-14-14 06:38 AM

They disappear after some time out of combat if it's any relief, but an option would be nice.

Phanx 10-14-14 07:00 AM

Not much relief, since it's visible when it's least convenient to have a gigantic flashing moving thing in the middle of the screen... at least I don't actually play this spec, so I only have to be annoyed by it until I get this eclipse bar working... :rolleyes:

MoonWitch 10-14-14 08:40 AM

Thanks for that one.... I was levelling a boomkin... I think I'll skip that for now. :P I found the Earthshock thing bad enough... (Yes, handy, but not in that location)

Phanx 10-14-14 10:07 AM

If you play with the camera zoomed out very far, it's probably fine. I tend to prefer having my character about 1/3 of the screen height, though, at which size the moon thing is unacceptably large.

I haven't seen the Earth Shock effect yet... now I'm scared!

MoonWitch 10-14-14 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 297745)
If you play with the camera zoomed out very far, it's probably fine. I tend to prefer having my character about 1/3 of the screen height, though, at which size the moon thing is unacceptably large.

I haven't seen the Earth Shock effect yet... now I'm scared!

It's when your Lightning Shield hits 7 charges ;) I find that annoying, so I am afraid for the moon/sun thing there ... Very afraid.