WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Mining/herbal nodes do not appear on the minimap (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37434)

jman037 12-07-10 11:22 PM

Mining/herbal nodes do not appear on the minimap

Version 4.031 - after importing and choosing the options to view these on the map they do not appear. If I am passing over an active node it will appear as a flashing yellow dot but when I mine it the location is deleted. The entire minimap is empty of any prior nodes.

Mykolas 12-08-10 03:56 AM

Yes, I just came here to find out about that same issue; I'm experiencing it as well.

I know the database for the old worlds and new areas starts blank, but even as i mine/herb the new nodes aren't remembered.

Truster 12-08-10 06:11 AM

i have the same problem ONLY with non english clients.

see here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37366

Mykolas 12-08-10 08:41 PM

Strange; I've only ever used the English client. I suppose I could wipe all my Carbonite settings and start from scratch. Might try that and see.

Spahut 12-08-10 09:28 PM

It's still not seeing any herbs on the main map either - this has been present for several revisions (now on 4.031) "show herbs" doesn't show herbs

Truster 12-09-10 12:55 PM

Hi Mykolas, I alewady tried it, but it doen't help. It works only, if i start with enGB Language, not with deDE

jman037 12-09-10 04:30 PM

I am ONLY using the English client since I play on a US Server. I am certainly hoping the carbonite author is reading this and fixing it - otherwise Carbonite's node option is useless and I need to go back to using Gathermate2.

Mykolas 12-10-10 08:05 AM

I just went on another herbing/mining run and decided to delete my carbonite entries from savedvariables and start from scratch. Doesn't seem to have helped, and this is with the English client. No icons showing after mining/herbing a fresh node.

jman037 12-11-10 04:42 PM

I'm back to using Gathermate2 and it's data. I am thinking this issue is so insignificant (compared to all the other issues the creator is probably dealing with) that it may be a very long time before he gets to it. It's not a game-breaker as there are work-arounds.

I will be glad to just use Carbonite and save a few resources.

Mykolas 12-11-10 11:33 PM

I've only mined two nodes since installing the new beta, but it seems to be working again. Thanks for the fix!

jman037 12-14-10 04:55 PM

Do you have a link to the new beta?

Kathan 12-14-10 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jman037 (Post 222877)
Do you have a link to the new beta?

www.carboniteaddon.com under the download section.

carboniteaddon 12-15-10 02:34 AM

These problems could be from several different things.

1 All collected nodes were auto deleted, since many locations had changed.
2 A gathering word and the node name have to match language specific values or they will be ignored.
3 New and changed herb and mining node names were not put into the table until 4.032002, so they would be ignored using older versions.

If a specific node does not gather, then let us know the name and we will check the table.

Helfest 12-15-10 08:47 PM

Well i have installed Carbonite-4.032004 but nothing has changed. Still no herb or mining nods show on the map. Also tries deleting all saved variables and disabling otehr addons, did not help.
Carbonite has lost its gathering utility.

janbanan 12-17-10 02:48 AM

Yea I have been resizing the full map to minimap size so that I can see the nodes on that map, the minimap doesnt show the nodes for some reason.

BabyPoo 12-17-10 08:10 AM

Having the same issue too. Tried deleting carbonite and then install it back on didn't fix the problem.

I flew pass a fel iron ore and it did not glow on the map. I flew pass a obsidium ore and it also didnt glow. It just randomly decided to not flash on the minimap for the last 2 days.

I think this is blizz's problem not carbonite because it would glow on the original minimap but it doesn't

Nitefoxxx 12-18-10 10:01 AM

Hi guys. I too seem to have lost all nodes.

One minute everything is working, the next time they are all gone. It's a shame as this is my main use for Carbonite. If anyone has any ideas/quick fix's please let us know.

Many thanks

Update:

Ok, just seconds after I posted this I alt tabbed back into wow and they are there... weird as they have been missing for 2 days.

Helfest 12-19-10 05:30 AM

Just installed newest carbonite 4.032. Nothing has changed, mining and herbalism noder still do not appear on the map.

Ratu 12-19-10 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helfest (Post 223622)
Just installed newest carbonite 4.032. Nothing has changed, mining and herbalism noder still do not appear on the map.

I know this will be hard to explain without a screen shot, but this statement is true and not true. I noticed yesterday while playing, that when i have my map set to my desired zoomed in value, there were NO mining nodes shown on my map. However, I was showing a friend some things on the map and had to zoom way in, doing so I then noticed the icons for the ore that I was mining in Deepholm. So nodes are being recorded but for some reason the nodes are ignoring any setting that makes them show at any zoom level as they used to in previous versions.

Stripe44 12-19-10 12:07 PM

Not seeing any node markers when I zoom in. standing on a node and zooming all the way down. no marker. no nothing. as this is the best thing I can find for gathering ore, I'm really frustrated right now, and finding it hard to mine ore.

Also I don't believe this is a blizz problem as Gatherer seams to be working just fine. unfortunately I hate it.