WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4th Annual UI Community Dinner (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26521)

Cairenn 08-16-09 12:52 AM

4th Annual UI Community Dinner

Restaurant reservations are all made and confirmed. Here are the details for everyone that is signed up.

When: 8:00pm, Thursday, 20 August 2009
Where: Bubba Gump's (about 16 min walk from the convention center, see downloadable map at bottom)

Appetizers

Bubba’s Far Out Spinach Dip
Spinach, roasted red peppers, artichokes, and monterey jack cheese make one of the tastiest dips you’ve ever had. Enjoy it with our homemade tortilla chips.

and Mama’s Garlic Bread & Gump House Salad

Choose your entrée…

Bubba’s Bucket of Boat Trash
Deep fried shrimp, steamed lobster claw, and fried fish. Served with French fries.

Shrimp New Orleans
Lots of tender shrimp sautéed in butter, garlic and spices, served with Jasmine rice.

Dixie Style Baby Back Ribs
A pound of Baby Back Ribs slow roasted with sweet and tangy BBQ sauce and served with coleslaw and French fries.

Accidental Fish or Chicken
Broiled fish or chicken over a bed of Jasmine rice topped with shrimp, a lemon butter Sauce and Roma tomatoes.

Salmon & Veggie Skillet
Grilled salmon and fresh vegetables with garlic herb butter, served over rice.

Dessert

Chocolate Cookie Sundae
A warm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream, caramel, chocolate, peanuts and whipped cream.

Coffee, tea or soft drinks included. One specialty drink of your choice (alcoholic only with valid proof of age). Any other drinks beyond that will be cash and carry.

Click map to download printable .pdf.

Cairenn 08-16-09 12:59 AM

For those that are hanging around the extra day to go to Disney on Sunday: We usually meet about 10:00 am at the fountain over in front of the arena portion of the convention center, but we can finalize plans when we're there.

Anyone who is going to BlizzCon that wants my cell phone number, to find out where everyone else is, etc (since I inevitably seem to be the central hub for the UI community that's there), feel free to send me a PM.

tinyu 08-16-09 02:40 AM

ill be there in spirit guys have a good one :D

Kaelten 08-16-09 11:08 AM

Awesome job on the map dolby!

Cairenn 08-17-09 10:00 AM

Wheeeee! 3 more sleeps!!!!

Dolby 08-17-09 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaelten (Post 154086)
Awesome job on the map dolby!

Lets hope it leads every one to the correct location.

spiel2001 08-17-09 11:42 AM

Oh no!

Bogus alert!

I just realized the date and time of the dinner... my flight won't be on the ground yet. I don't know why I didn't realize the conflict before now.

/sigh

Can I get a Shrimp N'Orleans and desert goggie bag?

/pout

Cairenn 08-17-09 11:44 AM

NOOOOOOO :(

When does it get in?

spiel2001 08-17-09 11:47 AM

Late... like just before 11pm. It was the best time I could get because I can't get out of work THursday, so flying out of here at 6pm eastern and arriving there just before 11pm western.

Cairenn 08-17-09 11:50 AM

Ugh. Sorry. :(

Every other year it's been on the Friday, but it's always meant everyone had to miss the contests and stuff at the con. So I checked with a bunch of the 'regulars' and everyone thought moving it to the Thursday would be better.

Damn, sorry you aren't going to be able to make it. :(

spiel2001 08-17-09 12:05 PM

Next year I'll take more time and make sure I'm there early the day before.

This year I'll just suffer through a cold PB&J on the flight while muttering obscenities to myself... it shouldn't make the other passengers too uncomfortable ~grin~

voodoodad 08-17-09 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 154264)
Next year I'll take more time and make sure I'm there early the day before.

This year I'll just suffer through a cold PB&J on the flight while muttering obscenities to myself... it shouldn't make the other passengers too uncomfortable ~grin~

Yes, because grumbling Dwarfs (Dwarves?) on an airplane never make anyone uncomfortable...:eek:

Kaydeethree 08-17-09 02:46 PM

Good thing my flight gets in at 3 PM that day. I'll be there. And quite hungry.

Sepioth 08-17-09 02:55 PM

MAAAAANNNN ... I am SOOO jealous of you guys.

Why can't they ever have the convention in other venues around the country each year. Maybe next time in Boston (Hint Hint Blizz).

BUT enjoy the events guys and gals .. wish I was there.

I almost want to fly there to just eat dinner with you all.

Yhor 08-17-09 03:43 PM

I was offered a chance to go for free to everything except the con itself (sold out, not really interested). My boss' just-turned-adult son is going on Tues. (tomorrow) and returning next Weds. and his (my boss') wife isn't greatly interested in California since she has some in-laws that her son is going to visit.

I wish I'd have been thinking of a few of the things you all had planned, before making my snap decision :(... but then again, rooming with a nerd raging teenager for that length of time while keeping him and 3 of his friends out of trouble during the day... not exactly the level of responsibility I'm looking for just to have a great dinner and hang out at Disney with a few of you that I'd be interested in meeting irl. I do hope you guys have a blast; maybe next year.:)

Ycrep 08-17-09 04:51 PM

Not that I am going but that is a sweet menu. Makes me hungry just reading it.

Cairenn 08-17-09 05:44 PM

Please note:

If you are one of the 42 signed up and you know that you can't make it after all, PLEASE(!!!!!!) let me know by noon on Thursday at the absolute latest. Otherwise we're paying for meals that aren't getting eaten. Thanks. :)

tralkar 08-17-09 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 154330)
Please note:

If you are one of the 42 signed up and you know that you can't make it after all, PLEASE(!!!!!!) let me know by noon on Thursday at the absolute latest. Otherwise we're paying for meals that aren't getting eaten. Thanks. :)

If you payed for a meal and its not being eat'en, just bring it back for me ;)

MentalPower 08-17-09 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 154028)
For those that are hanging around the extra day to go to Disney on Sunday: We usually meet about 10:00 am at the fountain over in front of the arena portion of the convention center, but we can finalize plans when we're there.

Anyone who is going to BlizzCon that wants my cell phone number, to find out where everyone else is, etc (since I inevitably seem to be the central hub for the UI community that's there), feel free to send me a PM.

Does your cellphone plan include roaming this year? :P

Cairenn 08-17-09 09:32 PM

I've purchased US minutes the last two years, I'm all set. :)