WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   UI Feedback Thread (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38749)

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:22 AM

UI Feedback Thread

Post screenshots of your UI here, and people can (hopefully!) give you helpful suggestions on what they do/don't like, and how you could make it better! Please keep the posts to fairly large consecutive changes, reposting for every little change you make to the same UI could get tedious ;)

Seerah, feel free to edit this first post to something more official/formal if you wish.

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'll start it off! Something I threw together, what do you think? Runic Power is directly behind runes, as you can see in the group shot :D

Ignore the random minimap icon, I was fiddling with an addon xD

Othgar 02-05-11 08:40 AM

Woot feedback thread!

Ok I know I already put this in the SS thread but, I'm looking for some suggestions for my buffs for this UI.

I'm just not happy with them..the debuffs in the center are fine, but the actual buff frame just bugs me, and I haven't found anything I'm with to replace it.

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
fixed the position of the actionbar, looks abit better, made the textures abit darker, looks damn cool, so here is my shammy with tial waves stacks, and water shield :) and thanks Seerah for the tip of align :)

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othgar (Post 228720)
...I'm looking for some suggestions for my buffs for this UI.

I'm just not happy with them..the debuffs in the center are fine, but the actual buff frame just bugs me, and I haven't found anything I'm with to replace it.

Well, I use Satrina Buff Frames, which is not going to be updated any more (sadly :() As far as buff layout goes, it's always been tricky to figure out for vertical HP bars... the place you have them seems alright-ish. I would suggest filtering out your long-term buffs and putting them somewhere out of sight (sich as in the upper right corner, or something), and then putting only your procs and cooldowns in the place where your buffs are right now. Just a thought :)

Zagrei 02-05-11 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228721)
fixed the position of the actionbar, looks abit better, made the textures abit darker, looks damn cool, so here is my shammy with tial waves stacks, and water shield :) and thanks Seerah for the tip of align :)

It looks good, Game! I'm happy to see that you have made good use of Align, as your older pictures sometimes made my OCD flare up :P One thing: why is the texture on your castbars different from your unitframes? Also, do your damage meters expand all the way to the bottom level of your UI?

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228723)
It looks good, Game! I'm happy to see that you have made good use of Align, as your older pictures sometimes made my OCD flare up :P One thing: why is the texture on your castbars different from your unitframes? Also, do your damage meters expand all the way to the bottom level of your UI?

Thanks, yeah, i know that i don't know why too, I can't find the wrong, why it isnt like the castbar. :( yeah, untill the bottom panel, like omen.

Othgar 02-05-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228722)
Well, I use Satrina Buff Frames, which is not going to be updated any more (sadly :() As far as buff layout goes, it's always been tricky to figure out for vertical HP bars... the place you have them seems alright-ish. I would suggest filtering out your long-term buffs and putting them somewhere out of sight (sich as in the upper right corner, or something), and then putting only your procs and cooldowns in the place where your buffs are right now. Just a thought :)

I think I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228725)
Thanks, yeah, i know that i don't know why too, I can't find the wrong, why it isnt like the castbar. :( yeah, untill the bottom panel, like omen.

Huh, that's strange. Okay, as long as it extends to the bottom panel :)

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othgar (Post 228726)
I think I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Yep, no problem ;)

Othgar 02-05-11 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228718)
I'll start it off! Something I threw together, what do you think? Runic Power is directly behind runes, as you can see in the group shot :D

Ignore the random minimap icon, I was fiddling with an addon xD

I like the runic power behind the runes looks clean. I think I might have gone with red for the RP though, but that's just me.

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othgar (Post 228729)
I like the runic power behind the runes looks clean. I think I might have gone with red for the RP though, but that's just me.

Thanks :) I tried a whole bunch of different colors, and they were all too distracting and stuff =/ I use that bar pretty much only to check how much I have total, pretty much just for Lichborne and DRW. I'm gonna keep looking for a good color, though ;)

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I manged to fix it!!!!! yay! what do you think? =)

Zagrei 02-05-11 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228732)

Looks nice, Game! Glad you figured it out :)

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zagrei (Post 228733)
Looks nice, Game! Glad you figured it out :)

had the border created to "self" and i tried "self.Health" instead, and it worked. :)

lawr 02-05-11 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228734)

had the border created to "self" and i tried "self.Health" instead, and it worked. :)

I really like the way you use the border on every frame possible. Makes the UI look very consistent. On smaller bars the inner shadow seems to overlap somehow due to their reduced height, though, as seen on your totem timers and the experience bar. I've had this problem myself a few times and never managed to fix it.
One thing I don't like this much is your Recount(?)/Omen. The bars are very colorful and don't fit into the rest of the UI this much in my eyes. Maybe try grey (the same you used for your unit frames) for the bars and the names class colored?
I don't know if this is possible with Recount but you could try to make it grow upwards, so that you can put it right next to Omen, even if you are in a smaller group of like 5 people and it then expands upwards if there are more people to show. Hope you get what I mean :)

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawr (Post 228736)
I really like the way you use the border on every frame possible. Makes the UI look very consistent. On smaller bars the inner shadow seems to overlap somehow due to their reduced height, though, as seen on your totem timers and the experience bar. I've had this problem myself a few times and never managed to fix it.
One thing I don't like this much is your Recount(?)/Omen. The bars are very colorful and don't fit into the rest of the UI this much in my eyes. Maybe try grey (the same you used for your unit frames) for the bars and the names class colored?
I don't know if this is possible with Recount but you could try to make it grow upwards, so that you can put it right next to Omen, even if you are in a smaller group of like 5 people and it then expands upwards if there are more people to show. Hope you get what I mean :)

Thanks, indeed. i did, this how it turned out, i don't like them as in same admount of bars, of omen and tinydps i don't know i just don't like it :)

Ither 02-05-11 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228737)
Thanks, indeed. i did, this how it turned out, i don't like them as in same admount of bars, of omen and tinydps i don't know i just don't like it :)

Game what are you using for chat?

Othgar 02-05-11 11:11 AM

Ok twaeked a bit, readjusted here and there and now I think I'm happy with it.

Kendian 02-05-11 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have these textures that I cobbled together from Landrells beautiful Tron textures...would there be any interest in them if I uploaded? (All credits to Landrell, of course) And disregard the pink one, i would of course include a desaturated set, so you could color them any way you like~

Plickz 02-05-11 01:49 PM

Here is my current UI:

Any suggestions?

Rosoaa 02-05-11 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plickz (Post 228758)
Here is my current UI:

Any suggestions?

What Font are you using for your scrolling combat text? Looks really nice by the way. If I could change anything about your UI it would be the font on your action bars. Not the cooldown font, but the stack font.

Aftermathhqt 02-05-11 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormCalai (Post 228739)
Game what are you using for chat?

am using my own modifaction of nChat.

Plickz 02-05-11 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosoaa (Post 228759)
What Font are you using for your scrolling combat text? Looks really nice by the way. If I could change anything about your UI it would be the font on your action bars. Not the cooldown font, but the stack font.

FruityMicroFont from Ishtara's SharedMedia.
And I'm not quite sure on how to change the stack font.

Oraknathal 02-05-11 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plickz (Post 228776)
FruityMicroFont from Ishtara's SharedMedia.
And I'm not quite sure on how to change the stack font.

you should ask led
If im not mistaken your ui is his one downloaded and revamped?

Plickz 02-05-11 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oraknathal (Post 228777)
you should ask led
If im not mistaken your ui is his one downloaded and revamped?

No it's not, custom made.

Led ++ 02-06-11 05:00 AM

Quote:

Here is my current UI:

Any suggestions?

Well, that sure looks a tad familiar on some points. Anyhow .. :p

Does your DPS meter need to be gigantic?
Do you really care about the debuffs on target? Or are you officer/guildleader/pvp'er?
And well I told Haleth the same about the UF's already. I don't really understand why you would want health deficit (basically the important part) transparent.
Changing it the other way would make things a lot cleaner imo. Tho as a DPS tha tdoesnt mater much I suppose.

Oh and, tell your raid to also buff Might. ;)

Zagrei 02-06-11 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led ++ (Post 228814)
...And well I told Haleth the same about the UF's already. I don't really understand why you would want health deficit (basically the important part) transparent.
Changing it the other way would make things a lot cleaner imo. Tho as a DPS tha tdoesnt mater much I suppose...

I can understand why they are done this way, as I did it for a little while, myself. It looks so freakin' pretty! I agree that, for certain roles, it can be better to switch the color to the HP Deficit. I'm a DK tank, and I eventually had to switch it to deficit, and I even had to use a slightly more opaque backdrop to keep the UFs functional :P A UI is half form, and half function... which came first, the chicken or the egg? ;)

I DO like the stylistic point of your UI, Plickz. And if it works well for you in your role, then godspeed. However, Led's advice is grounded, and if you were to ever switch roles or something, then maybe give it a try ;) Good job, though!

Plickz 02-06-11 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led ++ (Post 228814)
Well, that sure looks a tad familiar on some points. Anyhow .. :p

Does your DPS meter need to be gigantic?
Do you really care about the debuffs on target? Or are you officer/guildleader/pvp'er?
And well I told Haleth the same about the UF's already. I don't really understand why you would want health deficit (basically the important part) transparent.
Changing it the other way would make things a lot cleaner imo. Tho as a DPS tha tdoesnt mater much I suppose.

Oh and, tell your raid to also buff Might. ;)

Yeah, I copied your sThreatMeter :P, not sure if there was anything else though.. When I switch to my resto druid I also use Grid instead of the Stuf Raid frames since I can actually track my HoTs with it, not sure how the dps raid frames would work as a tank since I don't have any 85s for that.

I will ;P

@Led&Zagrei Thanks for the advice :)

edit:: Anyone have any idea how to make it so the names are colored in your chat? When I go on other characters people's names are not class colored and it's really annoying :O.

Dokee 02-06-11 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plickz (Post 228831)
edit:: Anyone have any idea how to make it so the names are colored in your chat? When I go on other characters people's names are not class colored and it's really annoying :O.

Right-click chat tab - settings and hook the Color by class box on the right side. /fixt

lawr 02-06-11 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plickz (Post 228831)

There is an option for that in the chat preferences if I recall correctly. Just right click on the chat's header and go to preferences. I think you can set class colored names for the different channels there.

Plickz 02-06-11 11:40 AM

huzah, thanks!

soxism 02-06-11 12:17 PM

Quote:

Here is my current UI:
Any suggestions?

Beautiful UI, What Damage Meters / Raid Thingo Are you using?

Plickz 02-06-11 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxism (Post 228835)
Beautiful UI, What Damage Meters / Raid Thingo Are you using?

tinydps and dbm

harizon 02-07-11 01:58 AM

Quote:

Here is my current UI:

Any suggestions?

Any chance for an upload of your sexiness?

soxism 02-07-11 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plickz (Post 228845)
tinydps and dbm

SOrry your Raid Bar's

I really Like the Tiny Mana Bar too, + the Brighter Class Colours.

Kendian 02-07-11 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The whole upper right corner (buffs/stance bar/minimap) seem not to fit...suggestions?

Edit: and apparently the font size for crits seems a tad large, but that's easily corrected. :cool:

Haleth 02-07-11 09:54 AM

@ Kendian;

Don't use pixel fonts for name texts, you can't properly size them so they'll end up looking bad (like in the screenshots).

Tbh I'd just hide your stance bar and key bind it, it's what I do. Use alt + number keys for example.

--

I'd like some feedback on mine, been pretty much the same for quite a while now.

Not very visible in the screenie but boss frame health changes colour and turns red when it's nearly dead.

GummiBen 02-07-11 09:59 AM

what can i say Haleth your interfcace is just ..... cant even put it into words (good ofc) :p

nom4k 02-07-11 10:30 AM

Wow, very clean & functional interface! Just one thing i would change, one font overall.

greetings nom4k

eiszeit 02-07-11 10:39 AM

Quote:

Here is my current UI:

Any suggestions?

What addon is that in the middle of the screen for your debuffs? :O

nin 02-07-11 12:39 PM

Quote:

[/IMG]
Any suggestions?

All in all it looks good.

Couple things i'd personally change.

■ Hide buffs dps and dps meter in combat
■ Fontflags (monochromed) on :
□ UF aura's,
□ forte (looks like forte)
□ Threatmeter
■ Remove shadow from Msbt
■ Spacing between the icons in the middle.
■ Little less spacing between health and power bars.
■ Border on cd bar
■ Actionbar font as someone already mentioned.

-_-V

Plickz 02-07-11 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eiszeit (Post 228919)
What addon is that in the middle of the screen for your debuffs? :O

That is SBF with a whitelist to only display certain spells.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nin (Post 228928)
All in all it looks good.

Couple things i'd personally change.

■ Hide buffs dps and dps meter in combat
■ Fontflags (monochromed) on :
□ UF aura's,
□ forte (looks like forte)
□ Threatmeter
■ Remove shadow from Msbt
■ Spacing between the icons in the middle.
■ Little less spacing between health and power bars.
■ Border on cd bar
■ Actionbar font as someone already mentioned.

-_-V

I'm not sure on how to add the monochrome to those and removing the shadow from msbt for monochrome appearance. Also I do not know how to fix the actionbar font.

Thanks for the input ^^

@Soxism, not sure I know what you mean by raid bars unless you mean my raid frames, which in that case is Stuf Raid

Aprikot 02-07-11 05:47 PM

@nin's UI...:banana: beautiful!

sakurakira 02-08-11 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game92 (Post 228732)

That inner shadow on everything is really neat looking, nice job!

neverg 02-08-11 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nin (Post 228928)
nin UI.

The Bar on the Bottom you are using my Addon aren't you? Because the disposition is exactly like I wrote mine.

nin 02-08-11 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverg (Post 228978)
The Bar on the Bottom you are using my Addon aren't you? Because the disposition is exactly like I wrote mine.

I use lumstats yes, you've done such a good job with it :)

panels are my own.

neverg 02-08-11 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nin (Post 228982)
I use lumstats yes, you've done such a good job with it :)

panels are my own.

Was just curious. :]

nin 02-09-11 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
been playing around some with altpower bar, how do you guys display this?

not sure if i want it as a bar or just as text. the screenie is showing both atm.

http://img141.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...011215352.jpg/

-_-V

Aftermathhqt 02-09-11 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nin (Post 229125)

not sure if i want it as a bar or just as text. the screenie is showing both atm.

also trying a new position for castbar.. :P

-_-V

Looks good, i like it, but the castbar all down there? :<

Tejh 02-09-11 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nin (Post 229125)

also trying a new position for castbar.. :P

-_-V

I feel like text conveys information much better than a graphical representation of it. But both work extremely well, so I would try to find a good place to put the text and keep the bar. I'm not quite sure how a paladins holy power works though, so I can't exactly say how i would do it :P

btw what font is that. I saw it in a extremely old UI once of Lyn's or Neals or somebody like that and I haven't been able to find it since.

nin 02-09-11 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tejh (Post 229154)
I feel like text conveys information much better than a graphical representation of it. But both work extremely well, so I would try to find a good place to put the text and keep the bar. I'm not quite sure how a paladins holy power works though, so I can't exactly say how i would do it :P

btw what font is that. I saw it in a extremely old UI once of Lyn's or Neals or somebody like that and I haven't been able to find it since.

I have holypower as bars on top of my UF, i think im going for bars. might just have text on raidframes. will see how it works out. :)

font is droid serif.

Kendian 02-09-11 02:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you think? Leave the backdrop borders white? Or try to use a darker texture? The darker ones dont seem to be as crisp, altho that may just be my comp.

zork 02-10-11 01:55 AM

To high contrast. Don't do that.

haylie 02-10-11 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendian (Post 229179)
What do you think? Leave the backdrop borders white? Or try to use a darker texture? The darker ones dont seem to be as crisp, altho that may just be my comp.

Like zork said, too much contrast. The white borders distract attention away from the actual content of the panels and unit frames.

What don't have enough contrast however are the health and health deficit colors. You can barely tell them apart.

edit - I mean for the target frame. At least I think it's target frame.

Krase 02-10-11 01:55 PM

Looking for some C&Cs with feedback!

This is a BG shot to show raid frames and DBM, which still needs to be skinned.
I've included three rows of actionbars with 10 buttons to show how it looks with actionbars enabled. I usually have them off though.

If there's anybody out there, is it possible to get a 1pixel border on forte? As you can see they have no border it's just the icon. It's no biggy just want to know if it can be done.

adding a second screenshot to show my buff / debuff trackers..

See the small squares on the party frames? They're my hot / buff trackers. Earthshield / Riptide / Ancestral Healing etc.

zork 02-11-11 05:56 AM

Currently trying to figure out the optimal display of a spell icon next to a 10:1 statusbar.

Choose one:

Mischback 02-11-11 06:39 AM

4:3 looks really nice...

There's a - theoretically "perfect" - ratio, which is called the "Goldener Schnitt" in German... it's something like 1:1.16... You could try something like this.

But as stated before, the 4:3 looks nice and promising!

zork 02-11-11 07:03 AM

Thanks. Updated the picture with the 4 : 3.443 ratio.

sacrife 02-11-11 07:37 AM

As long as the icon is designed by blizzard to be 1:1 that definitely looks best. Though the snitzel thing aint that bad either.

The rested stretched ones just look forced.