WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Since the UI Feedback thread was closed... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42434)

Wimpface 01-23-12 11:29 AM

Since the UI Feedback thread was closed...

Perhaps we should open up the "Screenshots of your UI" thread again? Or better, start a new one. Perhaps delete posts that aren't exactly what the title suggests, and instead encourage people with questions to start a new topic in this section.

Or, maybe we could use the UI Gallery thing that's stickied.

Coote 01-23-12 11:56 AM

I was under the impression that it was closed because now there's an entire section that can be used for this purpose, rather than just the single thread.

Cairenn 01-23-12 12:35 PM

What he said! ^^

Wimpface 01-23-12 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMcMahon51 (Post 251426)
I was under the impression that it was closed because now there's an entire section that can be used for this purpose, rather than just the single thread.

I'm not saying we need a new UI Feedback Thread, but we definitely need somewhere for people to post their screenshots.

Cairenn 01-23-12 12:55 PM

This forum. The ENTIRE forum. :)

Wimpface 01-23-12 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 251430)
This forum. The ENTIRE forum. :)

So everyone is supposed to post a new topic whenever they have a new UI to show off? :p

Cairenn 01-23-12 01:07 PM

If they want feedback, yeah. Why not? :)

If they just want to show it off, it goes in the Gallery, as per usual.

Wimpface 01-23-12 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 251432)
If they want feedback, yeah. Why not? :)

If they just want to show it off, it goes in the Gallery, as per usual.

The gallery, gotcha!

haylie 01-23-12 02:09 PM

You new people get all the good stuff. Back in my day we had to use just one topic for UIs whether we wanted feedback, suggestions or just to show off.

Now get off my lawn, you pesky kids.

Wimpface 01-23-12 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haylie (Post 251435)
You new people get all the good stuff. Back in my day we had to use just one topic for UIs whether we wanted feedback, suggestions or just to show off.

Now get off my lawn, you pesky kids.

I'm a new kid on the block? :rolleyes:

Seerah 01-23-12 05:09 PM

Or you can create a new thread and just keep posting there each time you update your UI.

The original UI thread was closed almost a year ago. It's not coming back.

The "new" UI thread was closed last night because you guys seemed to not notice the new forum, with Cairenn letting you know you can post whatever threads you want to in this forum.

The Gallery thread is just that - a gallery. It's only for screenshots, as detailed in its OP.

Wimpface 01-23-12 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 251442)
Or you can create a new thread and just keep posting there each time you update your UI.

The original UI thread was closed almost a year ago. It's not coming back.

The "new" UI thread was closed last night because you guys seemed to not notice the new forum, with Cairenn letting you know you can post whatever threads you want to in this forum.

The Gallery thread is just that - a gallery. It's only for screenshots, as detailed in its OP.

Then the Gallery is what the old, original UI thread should have been. My question has been answered! :)

Seerah 01-23-12 05:18 PM

No.

The gallery is just a gallery. The 2 old UI threads were... like a workshop.

Wimpface 01-23-12 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 251444)
No.

The gallery is just a gallery. The 2 old UI threads were... like a workshop.

But the first UI thread just derailed, IIRC. It was called "Screenshots of your UI", which is what the Gallery is now. Quite literally.

Cairenn 01-23-12 05:52 PM

Okay, word it whatever way you want, it really doesn't matter. Here's the deal:

If all you want to do is post a picture of your pretty interface, put it in the Gallery sticky thread.

If you want feedback on your pretty interface, start a new thread.

If you want to talk about interface design, start a new thread.

How this is so incredibly complicated that it has required this many posts is beyond me. Geez.

Wimpface 01-23-12 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 251451)
If all you want to do is post a picture of your pretty interface, put it in the Gallery sticky thread.

This was all I wanted to know with my OP!

Unkn 01-23-12 10:00 PM

Anyone want cookies?

/cheer for more UI pics that are different :)

Thanks for new section guys

Epiphany17 01-24-12 03:57 PM

Thanks to Cairenn for actually clearing that up for me. :P

I wouldn't mind a UI elements thread, where people discuss various elements, the history of how they have been designed, etc.

Or how to achieve the most out of a design with very minimal clutter. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that.

I also really like the separate thread idea, easier to track certain UI designers (:

It will take a bit to get used to, but as I've learned over the years in the UI making scene... Change is GOOD :P

Cairenn 01-24-12 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 251493)
I wouldn't mind a UI elements thread, where people discuss various elements, the history of how they have been designed, etc.

Or how to achieve the most out of a design with very minimal clutter. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that.

Feel free to create it. :)

Epiphany17 01-24-12 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 251497)
Feel free to create it. :)

I'll probably do that xD