WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Cosmos (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506)

Irota 03-23-05 10:04 PM

Cosmos

I'm trying cosmos alpha at the moment, i downloaded it to C:\World of Warcraft\Interface, i extracted it, i updated it (homer's skull with small brain), and I go into the game and its the normal ui, what the heck did i screw up now?? thanks, sry for being a nOOb :(

Cairenn 03-23-05 10:52 PM

Your final path should look like:

C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ModFolderA\Files
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ModFolderB\Files
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ModFolderC\Files
etc

Remelio 03-23-05 10:54 PM

For cosmos, I believe you actually extract it into your wow directory instead of the interface directory to get everything in the right paths - so you might see if you have an interface directory in your interface directory.. if so, copy the contents into your interface directory instead and give that a try ;)

Flamingo 09-03-06 04:38 AM

Odd, I did Cosmos the same way I did CTRaidAssist...

gnatw 09-28-06 03:55 PM

Unhandled Exception

Ok, I have a question.

Trying to put cosmos on my Mac iBook G4 512 RAM 40 GB OSX 10.4. 7 Laptop.

Everytime I try to "Configure," I get a message that says:

There was an unhandled exception

Then it does not show up in my IO on the game.

I've had cosmos in the game once a while ago, had to uninstall and reinstall the game. It has never been able to be added since.

Can someone here help me?

I at least would like a lot of what cosmos offers in Other addons. Is this possible as another option?

Thanks,

Nat

Gryphon 09-28-06 04:06 PM

You can download the Cosmos addons zipped at www.cosmosui.org if you are having trouble with the updater. The updater is just for convenience, it isn't necessary to use.

You might try posting your question on the Cosmos updater forums, the author uses Mac, but he doesn't check here.

bIlZbUb 09-28-06 04:11 PM

cosmos...

actually, you have to run the cosmos.exe or shortcut every time you play, then choose Run WoW... otherwise the interface will not load at game time.

Gryphon 09-28-06 04:14 PM

No you do not. The Addons are just like any other addon, you do not need the application. The application is only for updating the files and uploading data to thottbot, both of which can be done manually.

Cairenn 09-28-06 04:15 PM

Wrong. It isn't a bad practice, because it makes sure that cosmos stays updated, but it most certainly isn't "necessary".

Guillotine 09-28-06 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Wrong. It isn't a bad practice, because it makes sure that cosmos stays updated, but it most certainly isn't "necessary".

Also, the bug everyone used to hate has been fixed. It no longer deletes addons that aren't part of the compilation

Gryphon 09-28-06 08:26 PM

It's not technically a 'bug' as it was/is an intentional feature. It has always had the ability to not delete files with proper setup, or don't check the box to delete, or don't use it at all. It's not the greatest setup but it works if used correctly.