WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33892)

mankeluvsit 07-12-10 04:29 PM

inc wall of addons. ---->

Xrystal 07-12-10 04:56 PM

I assume the fact they've given you and I assume curse these keys that they are getting close to adding the addon side of things to the beta ?

ravagernl 07-12-10 05:00 PM

Just love this, happened with TBC and now again. Thank you Blizzard and WOWI for this opportunity to test and bugfix our AddOns!

Aalwein 07-12-10 05:28 PM

Ok, authors, I expect all my addons to work upon launch of Cataclysm. You can blame Cairenn for these expectations! If any addons fail to work, there will be tar-ings, feather-ings, and pies-in-the-face!

I'm kidding, of course; I think it's awesome that Cairenn (or whomever at WoWInterface) managed to get our great authors in on this deal! Good luck with the compatibility changes!

Sythalin 07-12-10 05:29 PM

You guys are awesome. It's moments like this that make me proud to host my addons here. :)

neverg 07-12-10 05:30 PM

Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc. :)

Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^

Sythalin 07-12-10 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverg (Post 197158)
Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

If it's anything like the previous expansions, authors will find a checkbox to show that their addon is "Cataclysm compatible".

Selina 07-12-10 06:07 PM

Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.

Shadowed 07-12-10 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverg (Post 197158)
Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc. :)

Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^

Yup, you can already upload to our Cataclysm category, although that won't do you much good right now with addons being disabled.

Dolby 07-12-10 06:11 PM

We were told it does not matter.

Next 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000051 - #000100

Xrystal 07-12-10 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selina (Post 197160)
Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.

Mine seemed to work on the US server just fine I just had to change the language from English (EU) to English (US). I think where BattleNet is locale ignorant so to speak that you can log into your account and just switch to EU or US and transfer your characters that way. When I had it on EU it showed I had no characters. But on US I have several.

Sythalin 07-12-10 06:35 PM

What I'm amazed by at this point is the sudden jump in updated/new addons since this announcement, including some I've only seen released on Curse/WoWace.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!! :p

yj589794 07-12-10 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosInc (Post 197165)
What I'm amazed by at this point is the sudden jump in updated/new addons since this announcement, including some I've only seen released on Curse/WoWace.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!! :p

You might be right on that one.

I only hope that those addons added to the site are kept up to date. Having to check here and on curse to find the latest version is a pain.

Selina 07-12-10 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 197163)
Mine seemed to work on the US server just fine I just had to change the language from English (EU) to English (US). I think where BattleNet is locale ignorant so to speak that you can log into your account and just switch to EU or US and transfer your characters that way. When I had it on EU it showed I had no characters. But on US I have several.

Thanks for the information. So I just add the key like I would a new game and then can transfer characters from one of my live accounts or do I have to choose which one I want to upgrade ? (To clarify I got two WoW Accounts on my battle.net ID)

Seerah 07-12-10 06:51 PM

I'm not entirely sure on that one (I just have one account). The instructions on Battle.net should be able to tell you what to do, though. :)

Lothay 07-12-10 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selina (Post 197170)
Thanks for the information. So I just add the key like I would a new game and then can transfer characters from one of my live accounts or do I have to choose which one I want to upgrade ? (To clarify I got two WoW Accounts on my battle.net ID)

I have two WoW accounts linked to one battle.net account. I was able to freely add characters from either WoW account to my WoW Beta account.

Selina 07-12-10 07:43 PM

Thank you for your help Lothay and many thanks to Cairenn and the rest of WoWInterface for making this possible. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Si_ 07-12-10 07:51 PM

I seem to remember for the WotLK beta anyone with a mod in the mini games/ROFL type category didnt get access to a key until they requested it or something, I seem to remember having to do something extra to get my key.

Is this the case this time around as it says I am not eligible

Duugu 07-12-10 07:56 PM

You really take care of me. Thanks a lot for this. :D

Dolby 07-12-10 08:00 PM

Yes, send me a PM Si_ with a link to your latest AddOn and I'll enter you if its more than a few lines of code. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 AM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2020 MMOUI