WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   KkthnxUI (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52638)

Kkthnx 08-21-15 04:01 AM

KkthnxUI

Long time no see everyone! So I came back and started fresh on a new UI. I took to a "BlizzardUI" setup this time around! This UI is based on / around NeavUI with oUF_Abu all heavily modified. I do not know when I will feel done with this UI but I figured I would share what I have. As always this is a 1 click install UI :D

Any feedback is welcome.

You can find the UI here, as well as a bit of info to get you off your feet with it.
https://github.com/Kkthnx/KkthnxUI

Caseydoll 08-21-15 05:37 AM

Looking nice

Havent seen you around in a while. decided to abandon tuk i guess??

Kkthnx 08-21-15 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseydoll (Post 310485)
Havent seen you around in a while. decided to abandon tuk i guess??

More or less trying some new things. I took an interest in how the Blizzard UI looked for once and mustered up a Blizzard looking UI with modifications that I enjoyed from other UIs and mashed it all together.

Wimpface 08-21-15 08:31 AM

Does this feature the beautycase/aurora thing you had going on for a while? :)

That said, I quite like it. I'd look into maybe making a statusbar texture that will fit the border better for weakauras but other than that, it's just another one of your solid UIs.

Munglunch 08-21-15 11:13 AM

Well done as always sir!

Kkthnx 08-21-15 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wimpface (Post 310489)
Does this feature the beautycase/aurora thing you had going on for a while? :)

That said, I quite like it. I'd look into maybe making a statusbar texture that will fit the border better for weakauras but other than that, it's just another one of your solid UIs.

I am working on a new texture, but I have someone else with great Art skills working on one to match it better but this is what I came up with.

Caseydoll 08-23-15 06:57 PM

Is there a testable version?

Kkthnx 08-26-15 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caseydoll (Post 310536)
Is there a testable version?

yes on my github

Also newest look of the UI, New borders and textures. Working with Goldpaw closely to make sure the textures make it Warcraft Like!

lynce 08-26-15 11:24 PM

Looks really good. Do you intend to have an in-game option panel, like abu has? And if so how about making options for the raid frames aswell? Makes it so much easier setting up on different characters, instead of writing it in lua.

Kkthnx 08-26-15 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynce (Post 310601)
Looks really good. Do you intend to have an in-game option panel, like abu has? And if so how about making options for the raid frames aswell? Makes it so much easier setting up on different characters, instead of writing it in lua.

I have given this thought! Indeed I have but that just depends on how much time I do end up having. We will see how things go first.

Jasmer 08-27-15 06:38 PM

This looks really nice. I've been trying to return to a very simple default-esque UI and wound up making my own, but I think I like yours a little better.

Do we need all the files in the git repository?

Scratchology 08-30-15 01:00 AM

Wonderful UI!

I, too, would love to use this if possible and I am very unfamiliar with Git so I am not sure what needs to be downloaded. I ALSO think that this should be the continuation of your KkthxUI :D If possible, any info on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kkthnx 08-30-15 03:20 AM

Its released on my github... I will update my main post. :eek:

Jasmer 08-30-15 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kkthnx (Post 310630)
Its released on my github... I will updated my main post. :eek:

Awesome, thanks!

Scratchology 08-30-15 06:25 PM

Simply. Amazing. Thank you for sharing your work and putting so much into it, it's extremely appreciated!

Scratchology 08-31-15 02:50 PM

Sorry for bring a total nub when it comes to editing the lua files, but is there a simple way to make the clock show the current local time instead of realm time? I think I overlooked something and I am asking an extremely stupid question. On another note - it's been a LONG time since I have used anything that is stockish UI looking and this UI takes the cake, it's wonderful, so thank you again for sharing it with us!

syncrow 09-01-15 07:38 AM

The Nameplates are quite familiar :rolleyes:

Kkthnx 09-01-15 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncrow (Post 310659)
The Nameplates are quite familiar :rolleyes:

Yes they are yours and credits are being put into the UI. I already committed the command for it. Also this is another reason I have yet to publish it live here as I still need to be sure most people are okay with it. But I did not use your textures and stuff is still being changed too! But nonetheless they are yours. :D

syncrow 09-01-15 02:20 PM

nice raidframes by the way!

The only thing i would change: higher the drawlayer for the role icons to be above the colored selection border

Kkthnx 09-01-15 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syncrow (Post 310668)
nice raidframes by the way!

The only thing i would change: higher the drawlayer for the role icons to be above the colored selection border

You have a sharp eye there sir! I had not noticed that! :p