WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cladhaire's Mods (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   PerfectRaid 2.0 Discussion/Help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7782)

Cladhaire 10-16-08 10:40 AM

Fixed in r183.

saruchan 11-18-08 01:37 AM

Are there any plans to integrate the functionality of QuickHealth? I'd dearly love to use this for healing again, but find myself unable to do so without it (and it's out of date enough that it's not giving me what it once did). Thank you!

Cladhaire 11-18-08 03:01 AM

Integrate.. no. There is an addon which adds this functionality, however.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ickHealth.html

I probably need to update it for 3.X, but it should still work just fine.

Psoewish 11-19-08 04:36 PM

I just wanted to say that your addon rocks.

That is all.:cool:

EDIT: found a tiny bug, every window gets positioned over the PRaid frames, except for the honor window. :)
Doesn't bother me too much, as I usually check my honor when I don't need to see the raid frames any way, but thought you might want to know ;)

dibz 11-27-08 08:45 AM

Hi Cladhaire,

A question, if you don't mind...

Can you point me at the section(s) of code that do the actual drawing of the 'units' on screen as I would really like to adjust the mod so frames 'Grows Upwards'. So when I position my main frame on screen I don't need to move it around depending on whether i'm in a 5/10/25 man instance.

I had a bit of a trawl through the thread and the comments, but didn't see it mentioned. Sorry if this is a repeat request.

I'm willing to make the changes myself (a ballpark guidance would be appreciated), and I'm happy to try and generalise the code so I can give you back the changes for you to add a check box to the config screen if this is something that others have asked for.

TIA for any help

Cladhaire 11-27-08 09:48 AM

That code is not handled by PerfectRaid, it's handled by the secure templates. The option should work (by having the frames grow upwards). We have no control about where and how the frames are anchored other than setting the frame atttributes.

I'll try to look into why this might not be working.. but it may be more trouble than its worth considering the changes I am hoping to make to PerfectRaid.

Carew 11-30-08 09:36 AM

Do you know of any issues that might result in the range indicator not working - perhaps a conflict with other addons?

PerfectRaid is showing raid members as out of range but I can still heal then with 40 yard range spells. It seems to be inaccurate to a few feet.

Never had this issue before so it probably is a conflict with some other addon, but I thought I would write a quick message here first to see if anyone else has experienced this and how they fixed it.

Cladhaire 11-30-08 09:44 AM

What version are you using? There should be no way for another addon to "conflict" here.

Carew 11-30-08 09:56 AM

r185 according to WoWMatrix.

Cladhaire 11-30-08 10:18 AM

Then I will need you to describe the issue better. The range indication uses the API IsUnitInRange() to determine whether or not a unit is in range. What specific measue this uses, and whether talents do or don't affect it aren't something I'm entirely sure of. How far off is the range indication?

It is not meant to be a 100% accurate indication of whether or not the unit is in range of all of your spells, but rather a general indicator of what units are in your immediate vicinity.

Carew 11-30-08 10:40 AM

The range seems to be off by about 1 or 2 yards.

Just now I stood at the exact point where I was furthest from a raid member who was not moving and could heal. I stepped back a few steps until they went grey in PRaid but could still heal. They reported me as being 40 yards away, using Banzai.

Anything over 40 yards and I cannot heal due to being out of range, of course.

I thought maybe it was just a delay in updating but it's not updating at all - I can stand and cast for ages without it changing to the in-range alpha. The update delay is set to 0.10.

Cladhaire 11-30-08 11:17 AM

If it's off by that small of a margin, then that is a result of the API function, and there is no way for me to change this. If you'd like to verify, you can do the following:

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage("Target is " .. (UnitInRange("target") and "in" or "not in") .. " range")

When you have someone targeted. This will tell you what the API function is returning. I can't do anything different than what this value gives me and it should work in most cases.

Carew 11-30-08 11:45 AM

Ah, that is interesting.

PR shows person out of range.
I can heal them.
The /run command says they are not in range.

I guess this is something Blizzard will have to fix - is it something you can easily report? I've no clue how to go about it!

Cladhaire 11-30-08 12:00 PM

Do you have talents that extend the range of your spells? The API is a bit more forgiving when we're asking about a specific spell.. but the general "in range" API isn't really meant to be specific about your actual spells, just an indication of if the unit is in range. If you want a more specific range check plugin, you could download an older version and use that range plugin which uses actual spells. You may find this more to your liking.

Carew 11-30-08 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cladhaire (Post 110984)
Do you have talents that extend the range of your spells? The API is a bit more forgiving when we're asking about a specific spell.. but the general "in range" API isn't really meant to be specific about your actual spells, just an indication of if the unit is in range. If you want a more specific range check plugin, you could download an older version and use that range plugin which uses actual spells. You may find this more to your liking.

I play a paladin and have nothing that increases the range. What version should I grab PerfectRaid_Range.lua (I assume) from and where can I find it?

Cladhaire 11-30-08 12:10 PM

The new system was introduced in r183. If you find that to be nicer, than I can probably pack it together with the main distribution so users have the option of either one.

Carew 11-30-08 12:22 PM

Having the choice would be brilliant - an option in the Range tab, I guess?

Thanks very much for the quick response! Been really helpful.

Cladhaire 11-30-08 12:24 PM

Well I dont have any plans to make this change right now. You can download the older plugin and see if that works for you.

Tuviah 12-01-08 02:48 PM

I've been an avid user of Perfect Raid for a long while now, it's truly a great addon.

That said, (and forgive me if I've missed this being resolved elsewhere) is it possible to display raid/party pets? Have I been missing the feature, or is it something that's planned for a future release?

Many Thanks

-T

Cladhaire 12-01-08 02:49 PM

Not currently, but would like to do this in a future release.

Keodin 12-31-08 04:27 PM

Problems with not showing deathknights in list...

I was just seeing if I was the only one that still doesn't have deathknights show up in the raid list. I apologize if this has been ask and answered already.

Cladhaire 01-04-09 09:11 AM

Download the latest version and ensure the Death Knights are selected in the frame you have configured?

Pinkdwarf 01-09-09 12:36 PM

Hello there,

I've been using this addon for quite some time now. And since WOTLK it here I don't seem to get the "Header Backdrop" right. In one of the previous versions this header was covering whole the raid, now it seems like the first and last char are falling out of the header; like the header doesn't fit.

Sorry if there was already a question about this one, but couldn't find it myself.

Thanks a lot!

Cladhaire 01-09-09 05:57 PM

I hadn't heard that, can anyone else confirm this issue? I can't get a group large enough to test at the moment.

Psoewish 01-09-09 06:22 PM

I'd test it for ya but I do'nt have an active subscription right now :P
Can't you test it yourself by going into AV?

Cladhaire 01-09-09 06:28 PM

I'm not level 80 and the 70 bracket on my server is not very active. I was hoping someone else had more access or a better way to check things out. A screenshot would help so I can look at things.

Pinkdwarf 01-12-09 09:21 AM

As you can see the header doesn't fit the raid. I've tried rescaling already, but this doesn't make any difference.

Maybe this would make things easier aswell.

Cladhaire 01-12-09 11:41 AM

Thanks, I definitely believed you but this helps me quite a bit. I'll try to take a look at this, it should just be a matter of tweaking a few things.

darkasilent 01-13-09 10:05 AM

this should work?

I'm using PRaid and its a great addon.

When i'm healing in a raid i dont want to see renew's casted by other priests. So i went to the Debuff/buff and selected renew -> edit. Then i checked "Only show my buffs". Unfortunatly they still show :(

If this has been mentioned before in this tread i apologise but didnt feel like reading 25 pages ^^

Cladhaire 01-14-09 07:05 AM

If so that would be a bug and that's pretty likely considering the buff changes. I'll try to take a look at it.. thanks!

CaveCanen 01-28-09 11:07 AM

First of all, thank you for a brilliant addon, i've been using it for a long long time and love it!

I have a question though: when we're mounted on a drake (like the Malygos fight or final boss in The Oculus) i have to disable PR because the targeting doesn't work. Is there any way around this?

In those fights, you have to target the mount, not the player. Blizzard's UI replaces the player portraits for Drake portraits.

I read the last few pages on this forum but didn't see any reference to this so maybe i am the first. If not, i'm sorry to bother you again...

Let me know if there's any other info you need.

Cheers and keep up the awesome work!

CC

Cladhaire 01-28-09 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaveCanen (Post 116051)
First of all, thank you for a brilliant addon, i've been using it for a long long time and love it!

I have a question though: when we're mounted on a drake (like the Malygos fight or final boss in The Oculus) i have to disable PR because the targeting doesn't work. Is there any way around this?

In those fights, you have to target the mount, not the player. Blizzard's UI replaces the player portraits for Drake portraits.

I read the last few pages on this forum but didn't see any reference to this so maybe i am the first. If not, i'm sorry to bother you again...

Let me know if there's any other info you need.

Cheers and keep up the awesome work!

CC

Unfortunately I don't anticipate being able to make this change any time soon right now. I will do what I can.. but I can't even get anywhere near that encounter (among other issues). I'm sorry.

Hellzalocer 03-15-09 11:10 PM

Hello. Is there any way to make it so the names of characters are shown inside the bars?

Sekrin 03-16-09 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellzalocer (Post 120351)
Hello. Is there any way to make it so the names of characters are shown inside the bars?

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11460

Flawlless 03-17-09 05:55 AM

Elixirs

Hi, I'd like there to be standard buffs added for Flasks and Elixirs.. I've added all the Wotlk-flasks for myself, but the amount of work I'd have to do to get all the different wotlk-elixirs in the bufflist is just humongous..(sp?)

I use this to watch all the buffs for when we raid, so I have to watch all the people without flask-buffs manually, and it annoys me.

also - is there a way to watch for ALL Blessings? right now I have Flasks set to only show if there isn't one, just like Well Fed, MoTW and PoF, since we almost always have a Priest and Druid with us, but if I do that with the blessings, I get 4 blessings that aren't there.. so I'd just like to check if there are as many blessings as paladins on the raid.. is that even possible?

sorry for rambling.

Peace.

Cladhaire 03-17-09 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flawlless (Post 120476)
Hi, I'd like there to be standard buffs added for Flasks and Elixirs.. I've added all the Wotlk-flasks for myself, but the amount of work I'd have to do to get all the different wotlk-elixirs in the bufflist is just humongous..(sp?)

Precisely why I have not added them. If you think you don't have time, take a step into my life =) The format for these is very clearly shown at the bottom of PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua.

Even if someone sends me the code, they will not be active by default for any classes.

Quote:

also - is there a way to watch for ALL Blessings? right now I have Flasks set to only show if there isn't one, just like Well Fed, MoTW and PoF, since we almost always have a Priest and Druid with us, but if I do that with the blessings, I get 4 blessings that aren't there.. so I'd just like to check if there are as many blessings as paladins on the raid.. is that even possible?
Nope, not without editing the code directly and even then it would be a non-trivial exercise.

Flawlless 03-17-09 05:10 PM

Ok, I'll start adding them manually then, maybe I'll post a snippet from my savedvariables here so other's can use it.. if I finish.

Thank you for an awesome party/raid frame addon.

Ok, half an hour later..

Into PerfectRaid_Buffs.lua - place:

Code:

-- WOTLK Battle Elixirs
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Accuracy"],
                disptext = L["STATUS_BATTLE_ELIXIR"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Armor Piercing"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Deadly Strikes"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Expertise"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Lightning Speed"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Mighty Agility"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Mighty Strength"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Guru's Elixir"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Spellpower Elixir"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Wrath Elixir"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        -- WOTLK Guardian Elixirs
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Mighty Defense"],
                disptext = L["STATUS_GUARDIAN_ELIXIR"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Elixir of Spirit"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Protection"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Mighty Thoughts"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Mighty Mana Regeneration"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Elixir of Mighty Fortitude"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        -- WOTLK Flasks
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Flask of the Frost Wyrm"],
                disptext = L["STATUS_FLASK"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Flask of Stoneblood"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Flask of Pure Mojo"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },
        {
                conds = "All",
                buffname = L["Flask of Endless Rage"],
                color = "FF0000",
        },

and into the Localization file of your choice, place:
Code:

["STATUS_BATTLE_ELIXIR"] = "BE",
        ["STATUS_GUARDIAN_ELIXIR"] = "GE",
        ["STATUS_FLASK"] = "Flask",

I know you said it should be disabled, but it's a quarter to one in the morning right now and I just couldn't be bothered..

Cladhaire 03-18-09 02:14 AM

I'll add these into my repository so they're included in my next release. Thanks!

Flawlless 03-18-09 10:33 AM

oh, also, with that many buffs, the auto-fill popup needs a scroll-thingie I noticed..

and some of them are wrong.. silly me to think that ALL the new elixirs followed some kind of standard.. I've Corrected my post above now.

And Why, in BGs(AB), do sometimes some peoples frames stretch out like 20-times their original height? I've only seen it happen to warriors.

FuBaSh 04-25-09 12:52 PM

Current Party Frame

I know these frames were meant to be raid frames, but you did have a feature in previous releases to have the frames show the current party. Any chance of you leaving that in? I liked having the ability to have a small set of frames that showed my current party even though that may seem redundant.

Cladhaire 04-25-09 01:12 PM

That option has been in Praid for about a year.

Nanky 05-16-09 04:11 AM

Ideas + Tanking suggestions

Hey i was searching for a raidaddon like this! Love it!

Here is some ideas i had for optimizing it a lil bit:

1.: Option to switch the way of displaying the frames.. like:

[Name] [HP+MP] [Buff/Debuff] [MARK] [ENEMY TARGETING YOU/Tot]

----

- Name: Option to shorten the name (only show the first 4 letters or something like this)

- HP+MP Bar: Maybe a healing-inc notification (like a green border when heal is casted/somebody in the raid is casting on this player).
An option to add a really thin (a few px thick) bar on the bottom of every HP bar that shows Mana (green), Rage (red).. etc. + On stunn or silence (GREY or Something very good noticeable like PINK) so there is no "The healer was sleeping" anymore ;-)

- Buff/Debuff: Adding icons with tooltip instead of Abbreviations + the ability to sort the displaying and to put out the once you dont need to see. (will be a perfect way to avoid overwriting and to see whos got buffs like Vigilance etc. or to see special debuffs easier AND WITH STACKS (like a count next to it).

- Mark: Marks on players (a little bigger than the actual bar)

- Enemy Targeting You/tot: Sure dds need to see targets of targets for focusing and all that.. but a Tank.. NEEEDs to see the aggressor.. the guy whos giving the healer aggro! Sometimes theres 10 adds and 1 is about to one-hit the healer or mage.. a tank needs to react within a second!

- Whole bar: It should display the AGGRO the same way as X-Perl does. Just border the whole bar red.. or paint it red or something u cant miss in the corner of the eye.

Dono if thats sucking too much performance but what about a small arrow popping up (may in the position i got [MARK] now) on the bar of a out-of-range-player showing which way from you he is. That'll give a heal the ability to just REACT. (.. dd just tuck a 16k hit but is outta range.. gogogo.. lets see hmm where is he *look around*.. damn.. tuck another one)

Together with the enemy targeting you, call this raidframe imba ;-)

----

2.: the ability to put/copy players in additional "raidframes" so you can easily drag and drop a heal group and the tanking group.. or the Thorim-tunnel-group or what ever before a pull.

2+3.: As this addon (with that changes) could clearly be a must have in a guild (next to DBM, Omen etc.).. you could use an administrator option.
Everybody giving themselfs positions like MT, OT, DD+OT, MH, OH. Raidlead will be RL.
RL's can set up the arrangement, switching the groups, linking the healtargets, setting up a tankgroup, decurse group (+giving the group headlines), Changing the size of special debuffs in additional groups.

So a raidlead can easily enable or disable the GUILD MODE before a bossfight and run one of his presaved setups (like: XT Trash, Freya, Mimi, s3d25, Standard.. etc) and every player with GUILD MODE enabled will have his PerfectRaid automatically switched like the Raidlead just released.
But still can do small cosmetic changes.

= no "which one was the 3rd tank again?", "should i switch to healspec now or what?" anymore. + no need to push to talk on bossfights with mt switches (like Thorim or Kologarn) cause there is 2-3 tanks in the Tankframe and the Aggro'one is painted red.. dooh..

4.: a customization pack for optional download. That allows you to choose between bars, borders, textures, scales, fonts etc.

----

What do you think!?

Had that ideas when i compared raidframes. Needed to stick with PerfectRaid ;-)

Nanky

PerfectRaid @ Mimiron

Cladhaire 05-16-09 04:49 AM

Sorry, but what you propose would in no way be anything close to PerfectRaid anymore. If you'd like it, you're welcome to write your own unit frame addon.

Flawlless 05-17-09 02:55 AM

How about just the Mark then? I'd love having raid-marks in PerfectRaid.

either on the health-bar or between the buffs and the healthbar would be awesome.

Cladhaire 05-17-09 04:30 AM

I've been planning to add that for a while, and there is actually quite a bit of code support already in the codebase to make it possible.

ckrewt 05-19-09 07:40 PM

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but would it be possible to make it so the users can define there "range" for the out of range shading of people, I absolutely love this mod but my healing range is larger than the out of range that the addon is set to and i have not found where to change the distance for this.

Cladhaire 05-20-09 12:24 AM

Not possible.. you can't check how far away a unit is from you programatically. If you want more control over it you can revert to a prior version of the range plugin.. it supported using a specific spell for your range check. This was, unfortunately, rather limited for the non-healing classes so I moved to the UnitInRange API, which Blizzard (for whatever reason) does not work as accurately as some might hope.

ckrewt 05-20-09 02:53 AM

What version has the old range tracking and i will downgrade, Is there anyway to hardcore to range to something like 40yards?

Cladhaire 05-20-09 03:00 AM

No, as I already said that is not possible using the WoW API.

Replace your PerfectRaid_Range.lua with this:

http://pastey.net/114587

and you should be able to configure by spell.

ckrewt 05-20-09 09:59 PM

That worked perfectly! Maybe a future option would be to have users decide which range system to use :) Thank you for a great mod.

Strandvaskeren 06-05-09 03:39 AM

Sorting the list.

First I have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of praid and clique, thank you for creating such brilliant tools. I've been raid healing with it for a couple of years and wouldn't miss it for the world.

Is there any way to change the order of the list? In a 25 man raid with a warrior, druid and pala tank it would be great if I could move those three people to the top of the list. I know I can have praid sort after groups and ask the raid leader to make the tanks number 1, 2 and 3 in Group 1, but it would be nifty if I could unlock praid and drag them to the top or something like that.

I would also like a "reload" option. Sometimes when people are replaced praid goofs a bit when the raid leader rearranges the groups. After a wipe in naxx praid sometimes shows people as dead even if they are standing next to me with full health. Once they are buffed and get a little more health the bars turn green. I normally fix it by doing a /reload, but it would be clever if I didn't have to reload my entire UI but could just do a "/praid reload" or something along those lines.

Thx in advance and a big /hug for all the effort!

Cladhaire 06-05-09 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandvaskeren (Post 141258)
First I have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of praid and clique, thank you for creating such brilliant tools. I've been raid healing with it for a couple of years and wouldn't miss it for the world.

Is there any way to change the order of the list? In a 25 man raid with a warrior, druid and pala tank it would be great if I could move those three people to the top of the list. I know I can have praid sort after groups and ask the raid leader to make the tanks number 1, 2 and 3 in Group 1, but it would be nifty if I could unlock praid and drag them to the top or something like that.

The raid leader can set them as tanks, and you can have a main tank frame. PerfectRaid does not (in the options) support filtering by name at the moment, the only real way this can be accomplished.

Quote:

I would also like a "reload" option. Sometimes when people are replaced praid goofs a bit when the raid leader rearranges the groups. After a wipe in naxx praid sometimes shows people as dead even if they are standing next to me with full health. Once they are buffed and get a little more health the bars turn green. I normally fix it by doing a /reload, but it would be clever if I didn't have to reload my entire UI but could just do a "/praid reload" or something along those lines.
If /reload works, I would suggest that. I don't plan on making any massive changes to PerfectRaid until the next major revamp, which requires quite a bit of my time.

Thanks!

Dave2600 06-10-09 06:47 PM

If I ever accidentally click on a frame with the shift button held down, it gets stuck to my cursor so that I can't click on anything and I have to cntrl-alt-delete WoW. what am I supposed to do, and is there a way to remove this feature?

Dave2600 06-10-09 07:14 PM

Actually, it doesn't only do this when I hold down the shift button, it does it constantly.

Dave2600 06-10-09 08:02 PM

Oh and is there a way to get it to show the icons of all the debuffs rather than words?

Cladhaire 06-11-09 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2600 (Post 142571)
If I ever accidentally click on a frame with the shift button held down, it gets stuck to my cursor so that I can't click on anything and I have to cntrl-alt-delete WoW. what am I supposed to do, and is there a way to remove this feature?

Lock your frames.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave2600 (Post 142583)
Oh and is there a way to get it to show the icons of all the debuffs rather than words?

No.

Jooze 07-05-09 01:50 PM

Is there any way to change the inrange Alpha to only affect players who don't have full health and are in range instead of simply anyone who is in range?

Would be pretty useful for healing.

Cladhaire 07-05-09 03:03 PM

You could certainly edit the code to do this, but you'd also want to tie it into aggro. Having a tank fade out because he's at full is a bad thing for a healer, imo. You'd need to edit the code to accomplish any of this.

the_agent_1 07-13-09 12:44 PM

there's a "problem" with players beeing in vehicles/drakes :(
for example in oculus you still see the players lifebar instead of the drakes... would it be possible to modify it to display the drakes life? ;)

Cladhaire 07-14-09 04:34 AM

It's not a simple change that I have a chance to test right now. Yes, I would like this, but no I have no been able to do anything with it.