WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Add on for achievements help (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49881)

Duvdar 09-12-14 04:24 PM

Add on for achievements help

Hey All

I have an add on called over achiever. The problem with overachiever is I get on a toon and when I go in a zone and hit the suggests tab it only shows achievements never earned by ANY of my toons. I want to start a toon and achievement far from the beginning. But keeping track of what achievements are in each zone can be a pain. Is there an add on for achievements that does not have the problem over achiever does and will show what achievements are in a zone not done by the character I am on?

thanks in advance.

jeffy162 09-12-14 05:07 PM

Have you checked out Zone Achievement Tracker yet? It sounds like it is what you're looking for.

Phanx 09-12-14 05:26 PM

Have I Done That? adds a "What now?" tab to the achievement frame with suggestions, mostly based on your zone. It'll also add info to tooltips for all kinds of things you need to eat/drink/kill/love/equip for achievements. It does have one annoying bug, but it's easily fixed by copying and pasting the code from my comment on the ticket.

Zone Achievement Tracker will make sure the "Complete X quests in this zone" and "Complete these quest lines in this zone" achievements are always up in your objectives tracker.

Grail will help you find quests you missed while leveling.

I've tried Overacheiver in the past, and while it did have some nice features, it felt really bulky and never quite worked right, and I don't really miss it. Based on a quick look at the download page, it looks like it's no longer being maintained, too.

Duvdar 09-12-14 05:46 PM

Zone seems it only covers quests? I am looking for something that covers everything if possible. As for Have I done that. It does not seem to be working for me. It is installed but shows nothing different on my screen

Duvdar 09-12-14 09:52 PM

For some reason the what now thing does not seem to add an extra tab for me. Am I missing something here?

Phanx 09-13-14 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
See attachment for a screenshot I took 30 seconds ago. If you don't see that, double-check that the addon is installed in the right location. It should also have an entry in the Interface Options > AddOns window, and the slash command "/haveidonethat" should bring up those options. If you have a Broker display of some kind, it should have an icon with 3 blue question marks.

Wimpface 09-13-14 06:20 AM

Just installed HaveIDoneThat to try it out, and found that you need to apply the fix Phanx posted on the ticket or it will throw errors all over the place (even in other files like items.lua and config.lua) and won't load the extra tab shown in Phanx screenshot.

In compare.lua, you want to replace this block (line 15-24)
Lua Code:
  1. function mod:OnLoad()
  2.     self:InitDB()
  4.     for tooltip in pairs(hook_tooltips) do
  5.         hooksecurefunc(tooltip, "SetHyperlink", self.OnSetHyperlink)
  6.         hooksecurefunc(tooltip, "Hide", self.OnTooltipHide)
  7.     end
  8. end
  10. local player_guid = strsub(UnitGUID("player"), 3)

With the one Phanx suggested on the ticket:
Lua Code:
  1. local player_guid
  3. function mod:OnLoad()
  4.     self:InitDB()
  5. end
  7. function mod:OnLogin()
  8.     player_guid = strsub(UnitGUID("player"), 3)
  10.     for tooltip in pairs(hook_tooltips) do
  11.         hooksecurefunc(tooltip, "SetHyperlink", self.OnSetHyperlink)
  12.         hooksecurefunc(tooltip, "Hide", self.OnTooltipHide)
  13.     end
  14. end

Duvdar 09-13-14 01:02 PM

K thanks, Let me try and find the file and input it.

Phanx 09-13-14 07:38 PM

The other option is to reload the UI after logging in. The problem is that the addon is trying to access data right away that isn't available before the initial login process is completed.