WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Carbonite Old (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27888)

Faldiin 10-14-09 06:35 PM

Carbonite Old

I love getting this message and yet there is no any updates. Can this be fixed. I am getting messages from friends asking me about this also. Makes very little sense that we are getting this.

[20:30:36] CARBONITE
This version is pretty old.
Visit carboniteaddon.com and check for a newer version

Faldiin

Phantom 10-14-09 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faldiin (Post 162166)
I love getting this message and yet there is no any updates. Can this be fixed. I am getting messages from friends asking me about this also. Makes very little sense that we are getting this.

[20:30:36] CARBONITE
This version is pretty old.
Visit carboniteaddon.com and check for a newer version

Faldiin

I cannot think of a reason why this message would be given. The update is done by asking other players what the current version is.

Frojax 10-15-09 07:10 AM

I've been getting the exact same message for two days now.

avid 10-15-09 11:09 AM

Yeah, just got the same message as well. Got off of WoW for nothing. x.x

Tondef 10-15-09 05:51 PM

Yup my wife and I are both getting the same message.

Elfshine 10-15-09 08:59 PM

Me too

Yup. Add me to the list. Just downloaded the same version hoping that'll shut it up.

Doomlord 10-16-09 07:24 AM

The addon checks the release date against the current date. If it's higher than 30 days i think, it will throw that message.

EnSabahNur 10-16-09 01:46 PM

:eek: same here

Masoa 10-16-09 06:32 PM

getting the same message

KiwiiDawn 10-17-09 06:35 AM

just adding my penny that I am getting the same, I even Took out all the foldders and redowload to try to see if that would get it gone. No luck.

carboniteaddon 10-17-09 10:24 AM

The message is just a date we put in the addon to nudge people who keep using old versions to get an update after a few months. The date is just an estimate. The message started Wednesday, since the date for the message had not been increased for a few versions and the current version has been out for a while.

I hope to have a new version out this weekend.

LordKain 10-17-09 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 162510)
The message is just a date we put in the addon to nudge people who keep using old versions to get an update after a few months. The date is just an estimate. The message started Wednesday, since the date for the message had not been increased for a few versions and the current version has been out for a while.

Yay! :banana:

carboniteaddon 10-17-09 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 162191)
I cannot think of a reason why this message would be given. The update is done by asking other players what the current version is.

It is a different message, simply based on date and I probably forgot to update it in the last few versions. Some people ignore the normal new version message or have the global channel disabled, so they never see that one.

S@thi 10-10-10 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon (Post 162510)

no new carbo yet it seems :(

Baz4k 10-11-10 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@thi (Post 208671)

IT's ALIVE!!!!!!

tarix 10-12-10 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@thi (Post 208671)

The message you quoted is a year old ... that version was released ages ago.

Firefoot 10-12-10 06:34 AM

But the message is alive - I keep getting it again ....

S@thi 10-12-10 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarix (Post 208837)
The message you quoted is a year old ... that version was released ages ago.

Yes I also edited my message :p

Quote:

Last edited by S@thi : 10-10-2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I resurrected a dead topic! sorry :(

WOWVern 10-13-10 10:00 PM

Yes, we know it is old. Carb 3.34 will not work with the new patch, we know this too. I know carboniteaddon wrote a message somewhere saying that the brand new edition of carb will be out in time for release. Not any patches (at least, I don't think he mentioned anything about patches) will have Carb access.