WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dominos New "Hand-toss" Pizza (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29809)

zero-kill 01-05-10 11:36 AM

Dominos New "Hand-toss" Pizza

I was skeptical after Pizza Hut changed added their Mia line of pizzas, when Dominos announced the new flavorful change to the original hand-toss pizza, I naturally had to try it.

All I can say is it was GOOD! The only caveat to a good pizza it seems is the replay value of said pizza. Reheating the pizza lessens the flavor drastically, however it has a better reheat flavor than plenty other franchise pizza chains out there.

Previously I was a Papa Johns junkie, now I think I'll stick with Dominos.

Has anyone else tried this pizza, or have a better one?

Sythalin 01-05-10 11:56 AM

People actually reheat pizza? I just swipe slices out of the box in the fridge and go. No flavor loss. :)

zero-kill 01-05-10 01:25 PM

I can't eat cold food, for some reason I get an upset stomach if I do.

OttoDeFe 01-05-10 01:46 PM

You poor soul...

Life without Gazpacho? (/me pats shoulder)

Dolby 01-05-10 01:51 PM

I think pizza is better cold. Always order from papa johns and normally get thin crust, chicken, bacon and green pepper light on sauce. :cool:

Yhor 01-05-10 06:23 PM

I'm also a Papa John's fan. There's a Dominos 1 block from my house, but I'd rather go/wait farther/longer for what I consider superior pizza.

Cralor 01-05-10 06:32 PM

My favorite place for pizza is Bertucci's. It's a Eastern Coast chain from New England down to Virginia. Great Italian place. As for a pizza place, I find myself to enjoy Papa Gino's better than Pizza Hut and Dominos. I cannot say I have ever tried Papa John's before, though.

P.S.: I love pizza. I just had pizza. My Mom made it! :) Oh... and cookies!!!!!

MidgetMage55 01-05-10 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cralor (Post 173445)
My favorite place for pizza is Bertucci's. It's a Eastern Coast chain from New England down to Virginia. Great Italian place. As for a pizza place, I find myself to enjoy Papa Gino's better than Pizza Hut and Dominos. I cannot say I have ever tried Papa John's before, though.

P.S.: I love pizza. I just had pizza. My Mom made it! :) Oh... and cookies!!!!!

Ahh Bertucci's. One of the many things I miss since moving to Oregon from NY.

OttoDeFe 01-05-10 07:32 PM

Where in Oregon?

When I lived in Aloha I used to love Nonna Emilia's, but I'm not sure if'n they're even around anymore. (It was 15+ years ago... sheesh! I'm old!)
Man they were good tho!

Hmm... seems they're still there. Can't vouch if it's the same...

**edit**

Just thought I'd ask... is Gino's East's full sausage patty pizza as good as it sounds? Any Chicago-ans wanna give an opinion?

MidgetMage55 01-05-10 08:00 PM

I currently reside in Beaverton. One of the major things i miss from NY (and im sure my wife will vouch for me saying this at least once a month) is the food. I will say I've tried some things here i would never have thought of but its near impossible to find a decent bagel in this state or an independently own deli.

Aside from that i love it here. I'll always be a New Yorker (opinionated, impatient, and rather loud and fast talking =P) at heart but I'm definitely here to stay lol.

Cralor 01-05-10 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 173449)
Ahh Bertucci's. One of the many things I miss since moving to Oregon from NY.

Bertucci's really is awesome :D It's cool that someone else here knows about it! :D

littlebuddha79 01-05-10 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 173454)
I currently reside in Beaverton. One of the major things i miss from NY (and im sure my wife will vouch for me saying this at least once a month) is the food. I will say I've tried some things here i would never have thought of but its near impossible to find a decent bagel in this state or an independently own deli.

Aside from that i love it here. I'll always be a New Yorker (opinionated, impatient, and rather loud and fast talking =P) at heart but I'm definitely here to stay lol.

There is seriously a town called "Beaverton"??? I don't know whether to laugh my @$$ off or move there and claim it as the homeland.:D:D

Diagnostics 01-05-10 09:16 PM

I tried the new Dominos and its an improvement. But still wont order from them on a regular basis. As like most, I prefer Papa Johns for delivery. If not then Papa Murphys take-n-bake

and lol @ Beaverton. Lived there in 2003 :P

MidgetMage55 01-05-10 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 (Post 173460)
There is seriously a town called "Beaverton"??? I don't know whether to laugh my @$$ off or move there and claim it as the homeland.:D:D

It is the home of my base for world domination! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

Diagnostics 01-05-10 09:42 PM

And Aloha, too.

Sepioth 01-05-10 10:42 PM

Bertucci's is definitely a good pizza. Living just outta Boston gives me access to quite a few ... I have one just 3 miles from me.

I'm not a fan of Papa Gino's pizza. Domino's I can stand. Pizza Hut is OK. Never been to a Papa John's .. really need to try one. Hear they are pretty darn good. Too bad there is no delivery option for me though.

Usually though I hit up my local Mom & Pop pizza place. They tend to have a good pizza or calzone. Plus if there are multiple people ordering food there are more food choices as the large pizza is gonna be just for me :D

Zyonin 01-06-10 06:07 AM

He he, and I live in Italy where great pizza is just a stumble in any direction (unless you are in the tourist areas).

Regarding reheating pizza; for me, it's cold straight out of the fridge. Usually eaten while deciding between sparkling water, wine (from one of the bottles in said fridge) or beer to wash the pizza down with.

rberry88 01-06-10 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttoDeFe (Post 173450)

Just thought I'd ask... is Gino's East's full sausage patty pizza as good as it sounds? Any Chicago-ans wanna give an opinion?

If you like a lot of meat on your pizza then go for it, its pretty good. For a better experience you may want to try Pizzeria Uno or Edwardos. Though Edwardos is mainly stuffed pizza....yummmmm

Soulofsin_007 01-06-10 09:10 AM

I get mine from Sams Club =/

Jesamyn 01-06-10 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 173454)
I currently reside in Beaverton.

*waves hello from Clackamas*

I'm a fan of Papa Murphy's for take-out pizza. Papa Johns has always been too sweet for me. Pizza Hut and Dominos are both kind of meh, but if I don't want to go anywhere, I won't turn up my nose at either. I think Dominos is better than Pizza Hut with the latest changes.