WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cataclysm Beta (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Favourite bug so far (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33970)

Slakah 07-15-10 04:17 PM

Favourite bug so far

Mine has to be Polymorph: Pig/Rabbit not breaking on damage :).

p3lim 07-15-10 04:18 PM

Kill quests often complete by themselves on server crash :)

Edit: on another matter, I've reached 30 with my worgen now, and I have yet to see any beast drop some meat, my pet is pissed.

sakurakira 07-15-10 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 198105)
Kill quests often complete by themselves on server crash :)

Edit: on another matter, I've reached 30 with my worgen now, and I have yet to see any beast drop some meat, my pet is pissed.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=43350 ?

Or are glyphs not available yet? If not... bummer =/.

p3lim 07-15-10 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakurakira (Post 198107)
http://www.wowhead.com/item=43350 ?

Or are glyphs not available yet? If not... bummer =/.

Glyphs are available, but there are noone that cares to create them :p
Or perhaps, is there an NPC that sells finished glyphs on PTR?

voodoodad 07-15-10 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 198108)

Yep, there's a shop in Dalaran that sells class specific glyphs.

Nobgul 07-15-10 05:31 PM

The best bug I have seen so far is the priests Power Word: Barrier.
The cool down appears to be broken so you can use it over and over again.

The least cool bug I have found is while trying to tame a boar outside of org I crashed the world server several times before I realized it was me causing it =P

IQgryn 07-15-10 07:21 PM

Mine is the non-Outlands BC areas in northern EK.
  1. You can't get there through the instance portal in northern EPL, because there's an invisible wall (prevents flying too).
  2. If you take a fp to Zul'Aman, you will make it past the invisible wall, get to the loading screen, and wake up dead in Westfall (with your corpse at Light's Hope).
  3. If you take the fp to Quel'Danas, you'll get a loading screen at the gates of IF, and land safely on the isle shortly thereafter (yay!).
  4. Buuut...if you then fly FROM Zul'Aman south...you get through the instance portal, load safely in EPL, and shortly thereafter are killed off the taxi and end up back in Westfall dead again. :rolleyes:

I've never been killed off a taxi before. :p

For the curious, neither the blood elf nor the draenei areas seem to have been updated yet. There's no flying allowed in BC areas where you weren't allowed already.

Slakah 07-15-10 07:34 PM

Found another nifty one, Arcane Intellect and Arcane Brilliance stack.

Xrystal 07-15-10 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p3lim (Post 198108)

My inscriber is on the gil'neas US server but not sure if her mats came with her :D But she might be able to make it.

Seerah 07-15-10 09:18 PM

There is (or should be) a shop in Dalaran.

Nobgul 07-15-10 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 198166)
There is (or should be) a shop in Dalaran.

Confirmed ouside the inscription trainer in dalaran as well as inside.

VincentSDSH 07-18-10 02:33 AM

New favorite bug with follow-on bug:
- Use Premade Hunter
- Train at trainer
- Try to access the pet
- "you have no pet" -- no matter what I do, I can't seem to get a pet to come out and play.

- Free up active slot, go find random animal (level 6 boar in my case) and tame it.
- Cast the the on-the-good stable
- Watch client crash

voodoodad 07-18-10 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH (Post 198587)
New favorite bug with follow-on bug:
- Use Premade Hunter
- Train at trainer
- Try to access the pet
- "you have no pet" -- no matter what I do, I can't seem to get a pet to come out and play.

- Free up active slot, go find random animal (level 6 boar in my case) and tame it.
- Cast the the on-the-good stable
- Watch client crash

Yeah, unfortunately until Blizz gets their act together, hunters are all but totally unplayabe in the beta. A weak solution to the "you have no pet" error is to mount and dismount. Your pet will usually reappear. Unfortunately if he disappeared while you were in combat or in one of the frequent cave quests this solution won't work of course.

I'm hoping that blizz will fix these issues pretty soon because trying to play a hunter with an unreliable pet is pretty lame.

BethinkWoW 07-18-10 08:10 PM

New to the Job

The Tauren guards in Orgrimmar send players asking for directions to locations such as the Middle Rise. Now, where might that be? ;-)

Sythalin 07-18-10 08:25 PM

Started a worgen. Video had no sound (not sure if this was intentional at the time) and crashed WoW halfway through.

p3lim 07-18-10 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 198589)
Yeah, unfortunately until Blizz gets their act together, hunters are all but totally unplayabe in the beta. A weak solution to the "you have no pet" error is to mount and dismount. Your pet will usually reappear. Unfortunately if he disappeared while you were in combat or in one of the frequent cave quests this solution won't work of course.

I'm hoping that blizz will fix these issues pretty soon because trying to play a hunter with an unreliable pet is pretty lame.

Its a bug with the new stable system.
Visit a stable master, remove all pets from the current pets on the left, then add one (just one!) pet to the left and you can call for him.
That worked for me atleast, my hunter is 81 :)

voodoodad 07-18-10 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosInc (Post 198690)
Started a worgen. Video had no sound (not sure if this was intentional at the time) and crashed WoW halfway through.

I think the sound hasn't been added yet. I loved the guy saying "This is where we'll have a video of you transforming into a Wargen and then flashing forward to the current time"
I've noticed that several of the new little video snippets have no sound in them.

tralkar 07-18-10 08:39 PM

best bug to date.. hmm With hunters send pet on mob and watch the pet run away with the mob.. This started when Stupid blizzard made pets hit mobs from behind..

voodoodad 07-18-10 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tralkar (Post 198693)
best bug to date.. hmm With hunters send pet on mob and watch the pet run away with the mob.. This started when Stupid blizzard made pets hit mobs from behind..

Maybe THAT'S what's wrong with hunters' pets. They're not disappearing because of a bug, they're having mid-life crises, and deciding they might be happier with a younger mob!

p3lim 07-18-10 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 198694)
Maybe THAT'S what's wrong with hunters' pets. They're not disappearing because of a bug, they're having mid-life crises, and deciding they might be happier with a younger mob!

Youre stating that all pets will die before level 170?