WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LDB Pet addon request (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24949)

Strongbow 06-23-09 07:29 AM

LDB Pet addon request

I'm looking for a simple LDB addon for my pet as I play a hunter.

I want it to have the petname, level and exp current/exp max, but what i would like it to have too is the name happiness coloured and when the pet reaches max level to automatically take away the level and exp so it will only show the name in the LDB.

No tooltip needed and no config needed and no sound or whatever people have in them, maybe if you click on it you would get the pet frame up.

My skills in Lua is almost none existing so if there is an addon like this pls let me know or if any is willing to make one.

Thank you for your time.

-Strongbow-

rodrick 06-28-09 01:35 PM

Once it's approved try http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/broker_pet/

Note: it's drycoded since I do not have an active wow account to test with, be sure to let me know if it works, etc.

ravagernl 06-30-09 12:06 PM

Would be even more awesome if it would display an xp bar in the style of Ara Broker XP.

rodrick 06-30-09 09:26 PM

Interesting idea, is it working as it is though?

rodrick 06-30-09 09:51 PM

again cannot test but try 0.2b and click the feed to change between the modes

Zidomo 07-09-09 08:23 PM

v0.2b (the latest) as it is doesn't work very well or provide anything useful.

Broker_Pet 0.2b, using the StatBlockCore LDB display, USEnglish client/server, WoW 3.1.3 live. Log on with a 60-something Hunter with his same-level pet out. The pet's name shows up in a StatBlock block. *But no XP display*.

Left-click the block, nothing happens. Right-click the block, an error is thrown up (which repeats every time you right-click the block):

["message"] = "Broker_Pet-0.2b\\Core.lua:25: attempt to call global 'updatedisplay' (a nil value)\nStatBlockCore-2.6\\StatBlockCore.lua:598: in function < Interface\\AddOns\\StatBlockCore\\StatBlockCore.lua:596 >\n\n ---",
["type"] = "error",
["session"] = 753,
["counter"] = 6

rodrick 07-09-09 11:38 PM

Thanks

thanks for the report. Try newest beta if you could? Also know that if the pet is the same level as you it will not display XP information as it cannot level up.

Strongbow 07-10-09 02:51 AM

First of all THANK YOU for trying to make this.

I just tried your addon, latest beta but got this error

Date: 2009-07-10 10:47:37
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index global 'Broker_PetDBPC' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Broker_Pet\Core.lua:20: in main chunk

-Strongbow-

Limb0 07-10-09 03:14 AM

oh dang I thought this was for minipets but hey.. is there one for LDB? :o

rodrick 07-10-09 08:44 AM

Try alpha r9 from curseforge would you?

Strongbow 07-10-09 10:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is what i get now, think the happiness colour is not right since my pet was happy and then there is something strange when you click it.

Strongbow 07-10-09 10:45 AM

Wanted to add that just saw that the name turned yellow when he was content so there might be a mixup regarding the colours for happy and unhappy.

-Strongbow-

rodrick 07-10-09 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongbow (Post 146687)
Wanted to add that just saw that the name turned yellow when he was content so there might be a mixup regarding the colours for happy and unhappy.

-Strongbow-

OK, r10 should swap around happyness colors and fix the color thing for the xpbars. Thank you for helping me test

Strongbow 07-12-09 05:06 AM

The latest beta seems to work great, thank you for making this, you are the best ever.

-Strongbow-

rodrick 07-13-09 01:15 PM

Excellent, released as 1.0. Have fun my friend.

Zidomo 07-31-09 06:17 AM

Latest version 1.0 still has problems. It now works for one thing its supposed to do, but doesn't work for the second.

Have a pet out who is happy. The pet's capitalized name (in a green font), level (in a white font, in brackets: "()") and experience (also in a white font, in "x/x" format) shows up in the LDB display. As in: "Bear (65) 17000/30000"

But a big problem with that: the info should really should be in a tooltip. Depending on the size of your LDB display, all that info can very much overflow the bars/blocks you have.

But then click the LDB display to change the display; as per the mod description: "There are two different displays of pet XP, click the feed to switch between them". Do that and the display bugs out.

It changes from what was provided above to the name, level and a bunch of upright "bars" showing in the LDB display. Like this: "Bear (65) ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||" About 1/2 of the "bars" are colored blue, about 1/2 are colored white.

This weird behavior when you click to switch to the "different display of pet XP" is repeatable when you change to a different (happy) pet out of your stable.

rodrick 07-31-09 07:54 AM

The upright bars is correct, as per a request for it to show xp in a "bar format" as per Ara Broker XP. As for "should be in a tooltip", yea I'd personally put it in a tooltip also but I made it as per the OP.