WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Popup ads? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40679)

Ashkir 06-30-11 08:13 PM

Popup ads?

Why is it that every once in a while when I open up mmoui I get a popup ad that forces open an internet browser? :-/. I am about to uninstall this because it makes me think I have a virus. I installed this program on a second pc, only installation I've ever got a pop-up off of.

Verttex 06-30-11 08:16 PM

Are you sure its from MMOUI, I used to have a virus that when I was browsing the net it would pop up these ads every like 3 pages even if I was on a non-advertisement site.

Cairenn 06-30-11 08:34 PM

As far as I'm aware, we only have one popunder ad running (for PartyPoker.net), and it is just that, a popunder, not a popup. Looking into whether we have another one running that I am not currently aware of. And, are you talking about the website, or Minion?

Verttex 06-30-11 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 240480)
As far as I'm aware, we only have one popunder ad running (for PartyPoker.net), and it is just that, a popunder, not a popup. Looking into whether we have another one running that I am not currently aware of.

Popunder?

-Verttex

ps. damn these limited messages

Dolby 06-30-11 08:35 PM

You shouldn't be getting any ads. Login to minion with your premium account...

Tools >> Options >> MMOUI - WoW

What was the popunder for and where are you located in the world? I'll have our ad team investigate it.

Verttex 06-30-11 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appi (Post 240476)
Why is it that every once in a while when I open up mmoui I get a popup ad that forces open an internet browser? :-/. I am about to uninstall this because it makes me think I have a virus. I installed this program on a second pc, only installation I've ever got a pop-up off of.

Do you mean MMOUI Minion?
Edit: Ok nvm just saw what thread this was posted under. :P

Ashkir 07-01-11 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 240480)
As far as I'm aware, we only have one popunder ad running (for PartyPoker.net), and it is just that, a popunder, not a popup. Looking into whether we have another one running that I am not currently aware of. And, are you talking about the website, or Minion?

My browser was closed, so it opened up to partypoker. Then when I was on party poker I got a popup saying "You've won! Press okay to claim your prize!"

Nibelheim 07-01-11 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appi (Post 240509)
"You've won! Press okay to claim your prize!"

Sweet! What did you win? :)

Cairenn 07-01-11 02:20 AM

Quote:

My browser was closed, so it opened up to partypoker. Then when I was on party poker I got a popup saying "You've won! Press okay to claim your prize!"

So this was when you were using Minion? Just confirming. Also, as Dolby asked, where are you located, please? (Country)

Nibelheim 07-01-11 02:22 AM

*spits out water*

Woah, Cairenn changed avatar :eek: It looks good.

Cairenn 07-01-11 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibelheim (Post 240513)
*spits out water*

Woah, Cairenn changed avatar :eek: It looks good.

Just for Canada Day. It'll be switched back on the 2nd. :)

Shirik 07-01-11 01:44 PM

Quote:

Please also take a screenshot next time it happens.