WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Battle for Azeroth Alpha 8.0.1 - Addons Enabled (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56164)

Dolby 04-20-18 08:22 AM

Battle for Azeroth Alpha 8.0.1 - Addons Enabled

Battle for Azeroth Alpha 8.0.1 now has AddOn's enabled!

Authors:
  • Our forums are a great place to discuss the changes in Battle for Azeroth! If you wish to create a thread about writing/fixing your addons on the alpha/beta, or any new/outdated API, you can use our PTR forums.
  • We have setup our Battle for Azeroth Alpha AddOn category. Please feel free to upload directly to that category or add it as a secondary category to your current AddOn in our database under the "Manage Addon" link. Special thanks to Seerah for cleaning up the new category so quickly.
  • A compatibility tag for Battle for Azeroth Alpha 8.0.1 has also been added. If your AddOn works in 8.0.1 please tag it.

More...

Seerah 04-20-18 12:01 PM

The old Legion Beta category has been cleaned out and repurposed as the BfA alpha/beta category. If you had an addon in that category previously...
  • if it was a duplicate of a project, it was deleted
  • if it was a main project that had the Legion Beta category tagged as a secondary category, that tag was removed
  • if it was a main project that had the Legion Beta category listed as its main category, it was moved to a different category (often one that was already tagged as a secondary category)
  • there were a few remaining addons in that category that were deleted, as they only existed to experiment with new features or to fix bugs that existed at the time

That said... As Dolby mentioned above, please use the new BfA category as you update/write your addons to be compatible with the new expansion. :) Dolby listed the several ways you can do this in the OP. Using this category will help users find the addons for BfA so that they may help you with testing and feedback. Please ask here if you have any questions about the process or the new category. :)

If you wish to create a thread about writing/fixing your addons on the alpha/beta, or any new/outdated API, you can use our PTR forums.

siweia 04-20-18 10:18 PM

Are we getting beta qualification this time?:banana:

SDPhantom 04-22-18 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siweia (Post 327618)
Are we getting beta qualification this time?:banana:

Probably, though at this stage in Legion, keys were already being given out and it was only a matter of weeks before beta rolled out.

Xrystal 04-23-18 08:32 AM

Based on my families order of invite ...

My youngest brother has pre-ordered and was invited first
I have an active account and was invited a week later
My oldest brother still hasn't activated his account and still hasn't had an invite as of yet.

Based on that I assume that they have the following rules or something similar
Active and Pre-Ordered
Active
InActive and Pre-Ordered
InActive

Not sure where if at all Developers with or without active account and pre-orders perhaps slot into the list as they did specify developers as a group they were inviting when I looked on the wow forum a while back.

There are quite a few people logged in whenever I log in so quite a large group at present.

JDoubleU00 04-23-18 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 327672)

My oldest brother still hasn't activated his account and still hasn't had an invite as of yet.

Active and Pre-Ordered
Active
InActive and Pre-Ordered
InActive

Not sure where if at all Developers with or without active account and pre-orders perhaps slot into the list as they did specify developers as a group they were inviting when I looked on the wow forum a while back.

There are quite a few people logged in whenever I log in so quite a large group at present.

I'm active and had been invited for the Legion beta. I still have a so so laptop with integrated graphics, so that may be why I got an invite.

Nevcairiel 04-23-18 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 327672)

Active and Pre-Ordered
Active
InActive and Pre-Ordered
InActive

You are drawing this conclusion from a sample size of 3 people? :)
I could probably quote you dozens of examples that blow your theory up straight away from the official forums or the MMO-C forums.

Basically, its mostly random between everyone that signed up. There may be some bias to get some of the groups of players they need for good diversity, but thats it.

Addon Authors have always been invited independently of all of this, but only after our names have been given to them through WoWInterface or Curse. They don't keep their own list of that.

Cairenn 04-25-18 12:43 PM

Just as an FYI, I am talking to Blizz about keys for you guys, we're working on it, hang tight. I will update you guys as I get more info, as always. :)

thomasjohnshannon 04-25-18 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 327715)
Just as an FYI, I am talking to Blizz about keys for you guys, we're working on it, hang tight. I will update you guys as I get more info, as always. :)

Cheer! :banana: Good to hear and thanks.

arith 04-26-18 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 327715)

You rock, Cairenn! Thank you.

EKE 04-26-18 05:10 AM

F5 every hour

arith 04-26-18 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EKE (Post 327735)
F5 every hour

:eek: :banana:

Soyier 04-27-18 08:36 PM

I'd love a beta invite! Thanks for looking out for us. I'm a bit worried about the changes now that I've taken over full development of Ion/Neuron. We'll see how it goes

EKE 05-04-18 08:59 PM

F5 every hour > F5 every day

Sharji 05-12-18 10:38 AM

Where can we sign up? I have few addons, one of them is pretty popular.

Kwanzaa 05-14-18 09:35 AM

PvP addons

Any1 looking to update PvP addons such as Gladius & Omnibar?

thomasjohnshannon 05-14-18 02:22 PM

Any news on this? They are giving keys away to websites and streamers now.

siweia 05-16-18 08:03 AM

Poor me, check the site once an hour.

Ricowan 05-17-18 09:13 AM

No beta invite here yet, either. I'm really curious to see how my addons are affected!