WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   5.041 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44291)

chaslou 09-11-12 12:09 PM

Hi there,

Because Carbonite (4.301) is not working right Can I replace it with 5.041 before going to the next expansion (Mists of Pandaria)

Thank You
Chaslou

Seerah 09-11-12 05:24 PM

I would assume so, since we're on 5.0.4 right now. ;)

MindOfAProdigy 09-11-12 06:59 PM

You could use it if it worked but unfortunately it doesn't you're better off going on TPB and getting Rythal's version off there as it actually works the official version is just a bandaid over the 4.031 release that actually fixes little to none of the actual problems with carbonite as it stands and is mostly unusable unlike Rythals that works about 98% where the official is maybe 30%

chaslou 09-13-12 08:07 AM

Seerah 5.04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 263495)

Thank you for your reply,if I needed a kindergarten QUOTE I'd spend sometime with my Granddaughter
in her kindergarten class. All I did was ask a question about something I didn't understand but either you didn't know or care. I alway wonder when someone uses the word ASSUME in their vocabulary
how there life is.

chaslou 09-13-12 08:13 AM

MindOfAProdigy 5.04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindOfAProdigy (Post 263509)
You could use it if it worked but unfortunately it doesn't you're better off going on TPB and getting Rythal's version off there as it actually works the official version is just a bandaid over the 4.031 release that actually fixes little to none of the actual problems with carbonite as it stands and is mostly unusable unlike Rythals that works about 98% where the official is maybe 30%

Hi there and thank you for your reply, no knowing anything about this and not playing the long, what is
TPB and what is Rythal's version

shadow78 09-13-12 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaslou (Post 263835)
Thank you for your reply,if I needed a kindergarten QUOTE I'd spend sometime with my Granddaughter
in her kindergarten class. All I did was ask a question about something I didn't understand but either you didn't know or care. I alway wonder when someone uses the word ASSUME in their vocabulary
how there life is.

you really just call out a smod...
??
I guess you assume your dealing with a reg member..
Please don't flame people for trying to help you..
also You ask a simple question so.. you got a simple answer.
Plus you don't want to go to TPB if you don't know what it is..

kindbuddy 09-13-12 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindOfAProdigy (Post 263509)

Or you're better off just providing truthful information instead of your personal opinion/experience. I've used the author's version (5.0.4) and have had ZERO problems. I won't comment on Rythal's since I never used it, but I'm sure it's fine based on OVER 9000 comments. Guess everyone is in election form, picking sides, and digging in their heels.

shadow78 09-13-12 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindbuddy (Post 263846)
everyone is in election form, picking sides, and digging in their heels.

It's that time again.. I thought that was this past Tuesday...lol

JimJoBlue 09-13-12 10:17 AM

Quote:

, but I'm sure it's fine based on OVER 9000 comments.

I'd love to know where you got that number from...

DarthEspa 09-13-12 10:47 AM

Quote:

Or you're better off just providing truthful information instead of your personal opinion/experience. I've used the author's version (5.0.4) and have had ZERO problems. I won't comment on Rythal's since I never used it, but I'm sure it's fine based on OVER 9000 comments. Guess everyone is in election form, picking sides, and digging in their heels.

As it turns out, it is a FACT that Faatal's half-assed attempt at an update is in almost no way better than the shape Faatal abandoned the addon in. To say you are not experiencing 100% proven bugs is just dumb. So don't talk about truthful information if you are going to tell flat out lies.

schizophrena 09-13-12 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthEspa (Post 263860)
As it turns out, it is a FACT that Faatal's half-assed attempt at an update is in almost no way better than the shape Faatal abandoned the addon in. To say you are not experiencing 100% proven bugs is just dumb. So don't talk about truthful information if you are going to tell flat out lies.

Because it is impossible that the person doesn't deal with the bugs? In my case, I don't deal with low leveling - so when I say I don't have any leveling quest issues, I'm not truthful? In my case, I don't deal with carbonite buttons (I have other mods for that) and therefore don't have a problem there, therefore I'm lieing about the fact that I don't have problems with it? Please grow up, stop namecalling (didn't we all outgrow that in third grade?), and assuming the worst - life is a lot better when you don't always assume the worst in others.

I too second the call for the "over 9000" comments, but I have a feeling that has a reference to the "over 9000!" craze that swept across WoW a while back (no idea who/what it was about, nor do I really care).

DarthEspa 09-13-12 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrena (Post 263879)
Because it is impossible that the person doesn't deal with the bugs? In my case, I don't deal with low leveling - so when I say I don't have any leveling quest issues, I'm not truthful? In my case, I don't deal with carbonite buttons (I have other mods for that) and therefore don't have a problem there, therefore I'm lieing about the fact that I don't have problems with it? Please grow up, stop namecalling (didn't we all outgrow that in third grade?), and assuming the worst - life is a lot better when you don't always assume the worst in others.

I too second the call for the "over 9000" comments, but I have a feeling that has a reference to the "over 9000!" craze that swept across WoW a while back (no idea who/what it was about, nor do I really care).

The code is broken. Period. You can try to defend Faatal all you want, and yes I have seen your blind defense of him all over this particular board :), but the fact is that the code is broken and Faatal is an ungrateful brat. As someone who used the paid version from early-BC until Wrath when Blizz killed pay-to-use addons (and then even donated a few times), I sincerely wish I hadn't. I had alot of respect and loyalty for Faatal over Carbonite, and stuck with this obviously dying addon up until he released his "fix" for 5.0.4, and acted like a jackass.

I would also like a quote where I called anyone a name. I also never assumed anything. Once again it is a FACT that the code is broken. Plain and simple. It's actually THAT black-and-white. Reading comprehension is fun stuff. ;)

schizophrena 09-13-12 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthEspa (Post 263908)
I would also like a quote where I called anyone a name.

Killing two birds with one stone (so to say).

Quote:

but the fact is that the code is broken and Faatal is an ungrateful brat.

Quote:

I had alot of respect and loyalty for Faatal over Carbonite, and stuck with this obviously dying addon up until he released his "fix" for 5.0.4, and acted like a jackass.

As for people acting horribly - I dare say it is all those people screaming about hot Fataal handled the situation and calling names. Blind faith - perhaps I do have it, or perhaps I call it patience. There is no doubt that the add on has been band-aided. And until someone creates a better one and Carbonite can retire or the authors get time to donate back into this addon (or get someone they want to take it over), it is most likely going to stay that way. The addon still works perfectly fine for me and that is my statement - one which you obviously call a lie given your prior statements.

MindOfAProdigy 09-13-12 11:26 PM

The truth of the matter is the "Official" update was just a band aid over one of many hundred bullet holes enough to make it work even if only slightly but not enough to stop it from bleeding out where as Rythal's fan update was an actual attempt at fixing the code and keeping up with and fixing the bugs that showed up very unlike what we've seen from Fataal which was to even forget they had a website for the mod

DarthEspa 09-15-12 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrena (Post 263940)
The addon still works perfectly fine for me and that is my statement - one which you obviously call a lie given your prior statements.

The.
Code.
Is.
Broken.

As pointed out previously, when doing a daily, or attempting to use the minimap LFG tracker, you run into an error or a missing function respectively. Period. That is not "working fine" that is the user choosing to avoid an obviously broken feature.

schizophrena 09-15-12 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthEspa (Post 264151)
The.
Code.
Is.
Broken.

As pointed out previously, when doing a daily, or attempting to use the minimap LFG tracker, you run into an error or a missing function respectively. Period. That is not "working fine" that is the user choosing to avoid an obviously broken feature.

I've just completed the JC and Cooking daily just now to verify and I still have not received any errors. Perhaps I'm not doing the same exact dailies as you... but not all dailies are giving errors.

Also, I have the eye icon in my minimap area. I don't normally take screenshots or attach to these forums, but feel free to take a look. Also, I know nothing about lua code, nor have I done *any* of the rollback fixes from the thread. This is straight from the official download of Carbonite. So, while the code may be broken and not working for you - these items *ARE* indeed working for me.

chaslou 09-17-12 08:29 AM

shadow78

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow78 (Post 263842)
you really just call out a smod...
??
I guess you assume your dealing with a reg member..
Please don't flame people for trying to help you..
also You ask a simple question so.. you got a simple answer.
Plus you don't want to go to TPB if you don't know what it is..

I asked a question and got a Quote, I thought forums were there to help people no matter what the question is, now you want to talk about feelings and again with the word ASSuME, I don't assume anything
in life. (Plus you don't want to go to TPB if you don't know what it is) is an anwser I appreciate and understand and will follow to as you say a simple question perhaps simple to you but not to other people.
as for your friend Seerah who has been a member for many years and is a author,COMPILER and a supporter of carbonite, would have done better for an answer then a quote. You say please don't flame people for trying to help were was Seerah trying to help!

chaslou 09-17-12 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJoBlue (Post 263855)
I'd love to know where you got that number from...

Carbonite (5.0.4)

jeffy162 09-17-12 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seerah (Post 263495)

Seerah was referring to the fact that at the time she posted, the live WoW version was 5.0.4 and that most of the MoP features are, apparently, working so it would seem that the current Carbonite version would work when MoP does live.

I am also wondering about something else: You keep referring to Seerah's answer to you as a "quote", but the only quote I see in her answer is in her signature (the part under the white line) from the author of a series of children's books. That, obviously, has nothing to do with the answer she was giving you.

Rythal 09-17-12 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffy162 (Post 264369)
Seerah was referring to the fact that at the time she posted, the live WoW version was 5.0.4 and that most of the MoP features are, apparently, working so it would seem that the current Carbonite version would work when MoP does live.

*coughs* *glances around* *coughs* *whispers* don't believe what seems... it will die when MoP releases *hides back in the corner*

they added nothing about pandaria zones in 5.041, so as soon as the game knows about that continent and starts asking for mapinfo for jade forest kailong wastes etc carbonite will be dead again. I'm praying for 5.0411 next weekend.... hell I was praying for 5.0411 this weekend to fix the bugs... I'm still hopeful >< no one will take hope away from me!!!