WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A few different notes (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18804)

Cairenn 10-21-08 06:42 AM

A few different notes

With the insanity finally slowing down, we've got a time to mention a few different things.

First, with 3.0 being out, the need for beta keys for authors has come to an end and so has our give away. Thank you to all the authors for signing up for it, I know the users appreciated it (whether they knew it or not ;) ). Thanks also to Blizzard for allowing us to do it again. We handed out well over 850 keys to authors!

On a related note, the need for the 3.0/WotLK beta download category has equally come to an end. We will keep the category in place for the next couple weeks to give authors time to get their mods that are in that category either moved to a live category or deleted if there is already a live version that has been subsequently updated. Please contact a WoWI staff member to have your mod moved or deleted. The easiest way is to hop into the IRC channel (irc://irc.freenode.net/WoWUIDev) and talk to one of us there. If you don't use IRC or if it isn't convenient, feel free to send one of us a PM. Whichever route you use, please give us a link to the mod you want dealt with and tell us whether you want it moved (and if so, to which category) or deleted. (We asks for links so we make sure we are actioning the correct mod).

Next, we have instituted a new policy on the site. Some of you have already been apprised of it in PMs, but here's the public announcement. We will not allow any mods on the site that have any Wowmatrix files in them. If you submit a mod that has such files in them, we will send you a PM asking you to remove those files before we will approve it. This is not open for debate. We aren't getting into the whole "what's wrong with Wowmatrix, blah blah blah" stuff. It's been discussed plenty elsewhere and our stance remains the same.

Finally ... usually after BlizzCon I put up a silly, non-news, "this is what Cairenn spent her time doing at BlizzCon" post. It hasn't gone up thus far this time because we were crazy busy, and I also wasn't sure if people actually wanted to hear it again. So, do I bother?

Cogwheel 10-21-08 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 105900)
So, do I bother?

Of course you do! :banana:

Wolgan 10-21-08 09:58 AM

+1 vote for blizzcon post. :)

Seerah 10-21-08 11:10 AM

Look, Cairenn - he made his account just to say that! ;)

MaybeHoP 10-21-08 12:26 PM

Go for it, I likes the silly!

Tekkub 10-21-08 01:01 PM

I know what you did last blizzcon

Dolby 10-21-08 02:16 PM

I was disappointed Tekkub didn't bring his bacon machine to this Blizzcon

Bouvi 10-21-08 02:21 PM

You must post it for those of us who could not be there and have to relive it through you.

Cogwheel 10-21-08 10:22 PM

Dolby++

This message would've been too short without this sentence (well at least part of it...).

Tekkub 10-21-08 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 106013)
I was disappointed Tekkub didn't bring his bacon machine to this Blizzcon

I was disappointed that you didn't bring fur to this Blizzcon :P

Dolby 10-22-08 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tekkub (Post 106127)
I was disappointed that you didn't bring fur to this Blizzcon :P

What are you talking about? I did!

Tekkub 10-22-08 01:33 AM

Well you didn't share then!

Zyonin 10-22-08 06:23 AM

Somehow I think I don't want to know all the details. Thank you.

Kaelten 10-22-08 07:54 AM

Comeon Cair! I want to know what you did at blizzcon too!

Gemini_II 10-23-08 11:35 PM

Always interesting to see what we all missed at Blizzcon... until the fur reference; now I'm a bit scared

:p

Bouvi 10-24-08 11:54 AM

*looks around for Cairenn's post*

Nope not here yet.

*crawls back under rock*

wulfy27 10-25-08 12:06 PM

Hmmm... maybe I've not looked in the right place yet...

I very much look forward to this post. (and yes, I have a life... I think..)

LittleWhiteDove 10-25-08 12:14 PM

Give with the details :banana:

Seerah 10-25-08 12:34 PM

You haven't even told your mom yet?!? ;)

Jayhawk 10-26-08 03:02 AM

Bit late, but...yes, please do :D