WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   WoW: Legion (LEG) Beta access (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52586)

Jarod24 08-08-15 10:42 AM

WoW: Legion (LEG) Beta access

So Blizzard annonced the new expansion: World of Warcraft: Legion (LEG)

I can read lots of details on wowhead.com or other sites but i'm wondering about beta access for addon developers.

I know that someone made a post before WOD asking addon developers on wowinterface to post their info so that they could get beta-access and test their addons. Will something like that be done this time around? (yes; i know it's terrible early to ask right now)

An alternative would maybe be to integrate WowInterface with Blizzard's OAUTH system like wowhead and other sites have. Maybe add a option under the profiles settings that would let devs input their Battle.net tag?

Blizzard devs have been saying in interviews that they will most likely not have a large beta like they did for WOD. They had alot of people playing; but not that many giving (good) feedback.

I'd hate to rely on the Rng() of maybe/not getting beta-access and have to focus on updating addons at launch time.

Cairenn 08-08-15 11:32 AM

We will be working to get addon authors beta access, the same as we always have. The usual restrictions will apply.

Fizzlemizz 08-08-15 11:33 AM

I imagine the details of who, what, when and where are still to be ironed out at Blizzard.

They don't enable addons out of the blocks with a Beta so authors aren't likely to be invited at the launch of it.

Edit: Plus what Cairenn said :).

p3lim 08-08-15 11:59 AM

They usually enable addons as part of the last few months before release, and in the past WoWInterface has given keys to authors around that time.

JDoubleU00 08-09-15 07:06 AM

So, World of Warcraft: Legion (LEG)? How about LEGO?

Seerah 08-09-15 12:58 PM

How about just "Legion"?

SDPhantom 08-09-15 01:06 PM

I'm wondering if there will be another expansion named World of Warcraft: ARM. :D

JDoubleU00 08-09-15 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 310193)
I'm wondering if there will be another expansion named World of Warcraft: ARM. :D

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Tonyleila 08-09-15 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocnroll (Post 310181)
So, World of Warcraft: Legion (LEG)? How about LEGO?

I prefer LoW instead of WoW now :p

JDoubleU00 08-10-15 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyleila (Post 310208)
I prefer LoW instead of WoW now :p

That works too.

Ketho 08-10-15 03:50 PM

I really expected the next expansion to be the Murlocalypse and Murky to be the final raid boss

The little bugger has died more times than Gamon already and his bubble defies the laws of nature. Azeroth is going to be zerged within 3.5 minutes

Mayron 08-17-15 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 310159)
We will be working to get addon authors beta access, the same as we always have. The usual restrictions will apply.

Oh I wish I knew about this during WoD beta as it took me forever to get beta access and only because a YouTube subscriber happened to be generous enough to give me a key otherwise I would have never got in.

p3lim 08-17-15 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayron (Post 310396)
Oh I wish I knew about this during WoD beta as it took me forever to get beta access and only because a YouTube subscriber happened to be generous enough to give me a key otherwise I would have never got in.

Could have come here and asked, I think I had 3-4 spare keys because other sites keep giving them to me every time there is a beta. :p

zork 08-22-15 12:36 PM

There is a new addon? I may have been away for to long. >_<

Rilgamon 08-23-15 01:09 AM

Just an announcement ;) Welcome back :)