WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Thanks for updating (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35758)

ssutton3 10-16-10 10:10 AM

Thanks for updating

thank you very much for updating this for 4.0.1. carbonite has become one of my 3 most "needed" addons. i hate playing without it, though for me, the zone maps are the most useful and what i need most.

carboniteaddon 10-16-10 03:52 PM

Thanks!!!!

OldHarry 10-16-10 04:59 PM

Any projection on when it will be available through minion? No matter how many times I unzip an add on and put it in the appropriate folder the game refuses to recognize it. This has been a very long term problem for me and not just limited to any one add on. My next computer will be windows.

missmoonfire 10-16-10 06:41 PM

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I missed "Quest complete"!!!!

Haavok 10-16-10 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHarry (Post 211561)
Any projection on when it will be available through minion? No matter how many times I unzip an add on and put it in the appropriate folder the game refuses to recognize it. This has been a very long term problem for me and not just limited to any one add on. My next computer will be windows.

This will be beta for a little while yet. I'm assuming you're running on a Mac? Anyone else running on a Mac lend a hand here?

bkray1 10-16-10 08:10 PM

I'm on a mac with no problems. Once you unzip the download, you will see a folder with the name Carbonite-4.0005. Open this folder and select the folders inside. Move the selected folders into your addon folder for WoW. It should work after this with no issues.

carboniteaddon 10-16-10 09:12 PM

Read the Mac install instructions here:
http://www.carboniteaddon.com/install.shtml

Most likely problem is you have:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite-xxxx\Carbonite

Must be:
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite

OldHarry 10-16-10 09:25 PM

That is what I have. Just for some reason I have never been able to get any add to work by just moving the unzipped folders into the add on folder.

carboniteaddon 10-16-10 09:47 PM

I've read all recent bug posts and the only remaining problem I could find was the map detail graphics, now fixed in 4.0006 beta.

Tomorrow I will scan all new bug posts, fix any real bugs, test and should hopefully release 4.0 final to the normal Carbonite page. Minion will then find it.

I'm signing off. Good night.

miko0001 10-17-10 02:10 AM

I want to thank you too.

Thanks for this awesome addon. The Cataclysm looks much more friendly with superb tools to your hands. For something like this addon a donation was a must to me, and so i did.
Keep up the good work.

OldHarry 10-17-10 02:45 PM

Up and running again. Many thanks, I can't believe how badly I was getting lost on a low level toon in unfamiliar territory and the way it took me 25 minutes to find one lousy lake for a tournament quest.

Annyonne 10-17-10 11:13 PM

Ty

Thank you so much!

carboniteaddon 10-17-10 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annyonne (Post 212007)
Thank you so much!

You are welcome!

starkaas 10-18-10 12:02 AM

Thankyou!!

I have been so lost without this add-on. My WoW experience has been tedious and frustrating without it.

Thankyou for your efforts!! :D :banana:

Armethyst 10-18-10 12:03 AM

Hey Faatal i'd like to say thank you very much!
Carbonite has been The most needed and useful addon ever! i was waiting to hear for any updates about it and followed it :) its truely is the finest art of all addons i've seen and known.
and before i'll keep on babbling about my gameplay anymore....

Thank you ever so much, its worth every donation i give out, and at least once a month (with my paycheck) i'd be happy to donate for the cause.
Thank you.

Best Regards.
Armethyst (yea i know Nick name...)

neilh 10-18-10 01:40 AM

It Is Great To Have It Back

Thankyou to the Carbonite Team for your Efforts, it is just Great to have it working again and great to see People supporting your great Efforts. I guess we could play the game without it (Frustratingly) but this addon just makes WOW playing and questing so much less frustrating. :banana:

Bhalial 10-18-10 05:13 AM

I bloody love Carbonite since the moment it was online. I seriously don't like leveling without it and I'm VERY glad you guys updated it :-)

I donated before, but will do again!

epitome 10-18-10 07:32 AM

6.6 million downloads from here alone :eek: (in total, not just for the update)

Cheers for the update, most essential addon :)

Ray's Addicted 10-18-10 09:09 AM

Thanks for being so prompt with the updates! I donated $50 to the cause!

Zephyr_73 10-18-10 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssutton3 (Post 211409)
thank you very much for updating this for 4.0.1. carbonite has become one of my 3 most "needed" addons. i hate playing without it, though for me, the zone maps are the most useful and what i need most.

me too :banana:

THX Carbonite Team :)