WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released AddOns (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gazmik Fizzwidget's UI Addons (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278)

Gazmik 07-14-05 02:07 PM

Gazmik Fizzwidget's UI Addons

Greetings! I've been tinkering away at a number of gizmos & doodads for a few associates of mine for some time now... but now, I've opened up shop so that you too can benefit from the fruits of my genius!

So far, I'm offering five amazing gadgets:
  • AdSpace - Reminds you what recipes are available from vendors so you don't waste your money buying them from the Auction House.
  • Enchant Seller - Keeps track of when you enchant other people's gear for money, and gives you pricing advice based on your history.
  • Disenchant Predictor - Provides a quick reference to what items you should disenchant if you're looking for a particular Enchanting reagent.
  • Hunter's Helper - Helps Hunters find beasts to tame that can teach them new tricks.
  • Guildentipper - Shows you what guild a person belongs to.

You can find my products over in the "Downloads" section of this fine establishment... or if you're in the neighborhood, don't forget to stop by my shop at www.fizzwidget.com to be amazed by my latest inventions!

Dakotah 07-14-05 02:50 PM

You've got some nice AddOns there. I'm going to give AdSpace a try, since I always forget what is vendor sold and what isn't for recipes. Thanks for submitting them to the site!

Kaelten 07-14-05 09:14 PM

love the site man awesome stuff.

Devla 07-15-05 01:40 AM

Great site and nice ideas for your addons. Would love to see LootLink dependencies removed or support for ItemsMatrix.

Itanius 07-15-05 02:05 AM

Good stuff, and your site is great!! :)

Arouin 07-15-05 02:28 AM

Disenchant

Your mods look awesome. I'm especially hopeful that I can replace Enchantrix with Disenchant Predicter.

However, I'm having some problems. I disabled Enchantrix with the AddOns button the char select screen. I also disabled Myinventory and Mybank (in case they weren't supported by your mod). Then I logged in and set the options to verbose etc... for Disenchant Predicter.

Here's the problem. I'm not seeing anything on any tooltips anywhere. If I do the /de <level number> a list is printed to the chat window. But I really want the information on the tooltips. Is there something I'm doing wrong???? :o(

*Arouin

Syxx 07-15-05 04:41 AM

Great stuff! Adspace has already saved me serious money. Thanks a ton.

I sent a hunter friend of mine the link to your hunter's helper and she loves it. :D

Good job and thanks.

Gazmik 07-17-05 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arouin
However, I'm having some problems...

My apologies... the version of Disenchant Predictor I posted requires LootLink for hooking tooltips, and I neglected to include that information when copying the description from my site. We at Fizzwidget Industries are dedicated to customer service, so you're of course entitled to a full refund; just go see my assistant Sell'Jin and he'll take care of ya. ;)

There's a new version now which no longer has this dependency (it's now using EnhTooltip instead, which is now also included in the download). You can grab it either here (once the upload goes through) or at my site. This also applies to AdSpace... which means both now support ItemsMatrix and AllInOneInventory and whatever else EnhTooltip supports.

In other news, I've added exciting new features to Enchant Seller! Using data from the Auctioneer and ReagentData mods (available separately, it now estimates the total materials cost for each enchantment you know (using vendor prices or auction prices where appropriate), and uses this to help you advertise your services. Grab it here or at my site.

Guildentipper is also updated (it's not on this site yet as there's no picture; Sell'Jin's been taking his time about that): it now adds guild information to more tooltips.

Cairenn 07-17-05 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazmik
You can grab it either here (once the upload goes through)
<snip>
Guildentipper is also updated (it's not on this site yet as there's no picture; Sell'Jin's been taking his time about that): it now adds guild information to more tooltips.

The upload is already approved. :)

You can upload Guildentipper without a screenshot by just putting in a "filler" image for now, perhaps your avatar or some such. ;)

Gazmik 07-25-05 11:38 PM

More new releases! AutoCraft, ReagentCost, Enchant Seller

You know, the engineering world is always evolving -- once someone has a good idea, inevitably they (or someone else) will tinker with it some more and take it to the next level. On that note, I've got three exciting new and/or improved gadgets for your downloading pleasure!
  • AutoCraft - An improvement on the popular BetterTradeSkill gizmo; my version not only allows you to queue up several crafting actions to be executed automagically, it has a handy visual display so you can keep track of what's coming up (and selectively cancel stuff if you change your mind).
  • ReagentCost - Expands on the concept introduced in the previous version of my EnchantSeller; now you can get an estimated total materials cost for any tradeskill recipe you know, and reports showing which items you can make are the most profitable to sell at auction.
  • Enchant Seller - Fixed a couple of, er, issues. Now 83% less likely to explode when used! Also, streamlined the mechanism a bit: estimated-materials-cost features now use my ReagentCost tool if you have it, and if you don't, you can now still use the advertising features introduced in the previous version.

Available now at www.fizzwidget.com, probably in this site's Downloads section by the time you read this, and wherever else fine gadgets are sold. Enjoy!

Kaelten 07-26-05 12:56 AM

Gazmik, it wouldn't be possible to have reagent cost optionally depend on KC_Items instead would it?

Random 07-26-05 10:38 AM

w00t

I tried AdSpace earlier and it said it required LL, didn't notice you updated it but thanks! And AutoCraft looks great for those potions I have to have 4-6 things to make!

P.S. Less dependencies is always better ;)

Devla 07-26-05 11:33 AM

Hey Gazmik, could you have some of your minions take a look at the now abandoned and broken Sort Enchant, and possibly implement sorting into one of your great Enchanting addons?

mondoz 07-26-05 11:34 AM

I am speechless.
What a great site!

My mind reels at the level of creativity you possess.
You surely must have lots of +imagination epic gear.

XeroKill 07-26-05 01:57 PM

The Hunter Helper addon is blessing to me. I had a mod that was supposed to provide a channel based database on the same thing, but it never worked. I will be removing that addon and using yours as soon as the servers are back up for me. I would also like to compliment you on your website. I love the set up and the stamp for Steamwheedle Cartel is AWESOME!

Great job dude, keep up the good work! :D

mondoz 07-26-05 04:41 PM

:(
I don't think the Automatronic Craftobot 100 is entirely compatible with Enhanced TradeSkill Window.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1034

I tried winding it up all the way, but that didn't help. It started making strange noises and scared my poor mechanical squirrel. :(

Is it still under warranty if I kicked it a little?

Xylan Trueheart 07-26-05 05:04 PM

About Sort Enchant and another thing

I agree that someone should take over Sort Enchant as the original author has said he has stopped playing WoW and no longer designing or maintaining the mod. Sort Enchant statement While I am not happy with the author having left the mod I am quite pleased he let the mod community know by stating as such. Wonders of wonders !! A mod author actually letting us know what is happening. I seen far too many mod authors go and leave a mod in limbo without a statement of intention. I wish Guvante well.

Is there anyone who is willing to take up this mod? I still use it and for the most part it still works.

Also here is a suggestion/idea. Another profession that can derive some benefits of this mod approach is alchemy. I would love to be able to categorize my healing potions, str potions, etc and its another idea that Blizzard has missed. Any takers?

mondoz 07-26-05 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xylan Trueheart
Also here is a suggestion/idea. Another profession that can derive some benefits of this mod approach is alchemy. I would love to be able to categorize my healing potions, str potions, etc and its another idea that Blizzard has missed. Any takers?

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1672

This works with all professions except Enchantment. Something to do with which frame the enchant window uses vs everything else. /shrug.

I use it for Alchemy and Engineering and it works great...
You have to sort them yourself, so it takes a bit of time to get started if you have a lot of recipes. But it's worth the time.

Gazmik 07-27-05 06:21 PM

I sent Sell'Jin to get some Bug-B-Gone(tm) and spray it around my workshop today... awful smelling stuff, but it works!
  • Enchant Seller and ReagentCost should now be somewhat less likely to explode under abnormal operating conditions.
  • AutoCraft is now compatible with EnhancedTradeSkill (and other gadgets that similarly muck with tradeskill functions). It's also starting to get multi-lingual. (Mondoz, you're welcome to send your defective older unit back as long as the squirrel hasn't been chewing on it.)
  • Hunter's Helper now shows more info and fixes a couple of quirks.

Kaelten: I'll probably look into making ReagentCost compatible with Auctioneer alternatives at some point... I've got requests for WoWEcon compatibility too. Not sure how soon that will be, though.

The Enchanting-related work has all been funded by a priest client of mine, but the whole 'lack of flesh on her face' thing is really creeping me out lately, so I don't think-- YES... I WILL... WORK ON... ENCHANT SORTING.....

Kaelten 07-27-05 07:57 PM

K I havn't fully documented it yet, but KC_Auction has a interface to pull prices and what not from it. And in the next version I'll be releasing does away with needing a special 'key' for an item.

so

local count, min, bid, buy = KC_Auction:getItemInfo(itemID);

will give you all those values,

count: gross number of items seen
min: avg mininum bid for 1 item.
bid: highest actual bid for 1 item.
buy: avg asking buyout for 1 item.

If this information is inadequate, or you could think of another way of retrieving it that would be better, please let me know.