WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Looking for Name's of Addons I can Discribe (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41472)

RazorClaw99 09-23-11 11:27 PM

Looking for Name's of Addons I can Discribe

Hey Fellow WOW Peeps,

I have resentatly been looking to get updated versions of some of the more useful addons I have used in the past but can't put a name to some of them. here are a few discriptions of them to help me iditify them. Sorry for my spelling I know I suck but hopefully u know what I am trying to say through the context.

1) an addon that display ur Hearthstone, potions, elixirs, small/vanity/campion pets/mounts on an action that has a pop out menu for the needed areas with more selections then what u have displayed at the moment

2) An addon the works in the reputation window by organizing the factions into the catagories of exalted, revered, honored, friendly, neutral, hostile, hated and by clicking the faction on the menu it will have a pop out window that will display the flavor text for the faction and the location of that faction and any quest, repeatable quests, daiy quests, instances, heroics, raids that can gain that factions rep and how much u need to do for u to get to the next level with that faction, I know I found one like this called factioneer but Curse's one is out of dated and I would like a more compatiblity with carbonite and titan panel also it will show how long til the daily quests will be rest on the specific realm/server

3) this one I had way back in vanilla so idk if someone or anybody still would do one like this but it was for fishing and would display what fish u have caught in that location/water way and what type of percentage a specific fish would be "caught" at any give time, idk if it did this but also it would show the type of schools of fish that could appear at the specific place ur at

4) this one will automatically block the gold sellers anal spammers, or general chat spammers in trade channel or any other channel there in will ur playing so it helps to eliminate the annoying text to allow u to have the text ur want.

I hope I have been as descriptive as possible for u all to help me out,

tinyu 09-23-11 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 (Post 244951)
1) an addon that display ur Hearthstone, potions, elixirs, small/vanity/campion pets/mounts on an action that has a pop out menu for the needed areas with more selections then what u have displayed at the moment

Possibly this

Quote:

2) An addon the works in the reputation window by organizing the factions into the catagories of exalted, revered, honored, friendly, neutral, hostile, hated and by clicking the faction on the menu it will have a pop out window that will display the flavor text for the faction and the location of that faction and any quest, repeatable quests, daiy quests, instances, heroics, raids that can gain that factions rep and how much u need to do for u to get to the next level with that faction, I know I found one like this called factioneer but Curse's one is out of dated and I would like a more compatiblity with carbonite and titan panel also it will show how long til the daily quests will be rest on the specific realm/server

The closest i could find is this sorry

Quote:

3) this one I had way back in vanilla so idk if someone or anybody still would do one like this but it was for fishing and would display what fish u have caught in that location/water way and what type of percentage a specific fish would be "caught" at any give time, idk if it did this but also it would show the type of schools of fish that could appear at the specific place ur at

This is what your after.

Quote:

4) this one will automatically block the gold sellers anal spammers, or general chat spammers in trade channel or any other channel there in will ur playing so it helps to eliminate the annoying text to allow u to have the text ur want.

This is what you want.

Hopefully my suggestions are what your looking for or as close as they can be.

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyu (Post 244953)
Possibly this

The closest i could find is this sorry

[url=http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info4239-FishingBuddy.html]This[url] is what your after.

This is what you want.

Hopefully my suggestions are what your looking for or as close as they can be.

the first one no I should of said that I want it to work sperate from the current blizz action bars so I don't have to use up valuable space with stuff I could just go digging in my bags and spellbook for.

second one is good

third one the url is not working so couldn't click it as an FYI. But Yes this should hopefully help me get the last few things I need for 2 fishing achievements without to much trouble I hope, just will need a XXXXXXL cup of coffee to keep me awake will working on the achievement.

fourth yeap.

Barjack 09-24-11 12:56 AM

The first one sounds like it might be AutoBar

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2-AutoBar.html

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barjack (Post 244956)
The first one sounds like it might be AutoBar

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2-AutoBar.html

idk cause this has no screen shot of the addon working in-game

Xrystal 09-24-11 09:02 AM

You didn't give an idea of whether it looked like action bars or circular so would this have been somewhat similar to what you used to use?

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9-Arcanum.html

Initially designed for mages I know I used a similar addon for my other classes which I should be able to track down if thats the kind of thing you remember.

Taryble 09-24-11 09:40 AM

Autobar LOOKS like a standard action bar, but isn't - it's includes automatic buttons for food/drink/bandages, teleportation, portals, quest items, potions, etc, etc, etc, with flyouts for teleports, portals, quest items, etc, etc, etc.

It doesn't use any actionbar slots. Is skinnable with ButtonFacade. It's EXACTLY what you described.

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 244961)
You didn't give an idea of whether it looked like action bars or circular so would this have been somewhat similar to what you used to use?

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9-Arcanum.html

Initially designed for mages I know I used a similar addon for my other classes which I should be able to track down if thats the kind of thing you remember.

saddly no this not what I am looking.

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taryble (Post 244963)
Autobar LOOKS like a standard action bar, but isn't - it's includes automatic buttons for food/drink/bandages, teleportation, portals, quest items, potions, etc, etc, etc, with flyouts for teleports, portals, quest items, etc, etc, etc.

It doesn't use any actionbar slots. Is skinnable with ButtonFacade. It's EXACTLY what you described.

I much rather have a screen shots to see the functionally for my self before making a call if it's what I want or not, just like window shopping

Barjack 09-24-11 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 (Post 244966)
I much rather have a screen shots to see the functionally for my self before making a call if it's what I want or not, just like window shopping

You could just install the addon and see if it's what you wanted or not. Doing so might be a little more respectful to the people that are taking their own time helping you out here, rather than dismissing their help because you can't see a screenshot. Or do you expect us to do that part for you as well?

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barjack (Post 244968)
You could just install the addon and see if it's what you wanted or not. Doing so might be a little more respectful to the people that are taking their own time helping you out here, rather than dismissing their help because you can't see a screenshot. Or do you expect us to do that part for you as well?

this was a little out of line, to be a little more specific the screen shot is like pickibng up the World Of Warcraft Battle Chest box and reading the information on it and looking at the pictures to see if it matches what u heard about the game

MidgetMage55 09-24-11 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 (Post 244970)
this was a little out of line, to be a little more specific the screen shot is like pickibng up the World Of Warcraft Battle Chest box and reading the information on it and looking at the pictures to see if it matches what u heard about the game

... With the tradeoff that this doesn't cost money and only a little time to test. Unless you are on an extremely limited bandwidth allotment from your ISP it wont hurt to try. In all reality not every addon will have screen caps showing what you might be looking for.

Based on what you describe the community is giving their best (and might I say extremely informed) guesses. It could very well be exactly what you are looking for.

We can only suggest so much. After a while you will need to just try some regardless of screen caps.

For the record I'd bet Taryble is right on the money on this one.

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 244974)
... With the tradeoff that this doesn't cost money and only a little time to test. Unless you are on an extremely limited bandwidth allotment from your ISP it wont hurt to try. In all reality not every addon will have screen caps showing what you might be looking for.

Based on what you describe the community is giving their best (and might I say extremely informed) guesses. It could very well be exactly what you are looking for.

We can only suggest so much. After a while you will need to just try some regardless of screen caps.

For the record I'd bet Taryble is right on the money on this one.

I tryed Autobar and it was what I was looking for it's just that I rather look at a image of how the thing works than read text since as most of u see I can't communicate to well and spelling and gammar are an issue with me so the person or ppl who post them could say one thing and mean another.

MidgetMage55 09-24-11 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 (Post 244975)
I tryed Autobar and it was what I was looking for it's just that I rather look at a image of how the thing works than read text since as most of u see I can't communicate to well and spelling and gammar are an issue with me so the person or ppl who post them could say one thing and mean another.

Quite understandable. However I can honestly say you will not find a more helpful and straightforward community when it comes to these types of things than the people here at WoWI.

I have yet to see someone misrepresent themselves on these forums in a situation like this. We are here to help. As long as you are willing to help yourself in the process. =)

Glad AutoBar worked for you. And since it hasn't been said yet. Welcome to the community. :D

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 (Post 244976)
Quite understandable. However I can honestly say you will not find a more helpful and straightforward community when it comes to these types of things than the people here at WoWI.

I have yet to see someone misrepresent themselves on these forums in a situation like this. We are here to help. As long as you are willing to help yourself in the process. =)

Glad AutoBar worked for you. And since it hasn't been said yet. Welcome to the community. :D

thanks for the understanding and the explanation on how things work here and I need to also remember on MACs (Apple) Laptop they are a lot better at HDD management then Windows world and PCs are and even if I get the worng thing MACs don't need to defrag to reduse system lag on WOW

Xinhuan 09-24-11 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorClaw99 (Post 244978)
thanks for the understanding and the explanation on how things work here and I need to also remember on MACs (Apple) Laptop they are a lot better at HDD management then Windows world and PCs are and even if I get the worng thing MACs don't need to defrag to reduse system lag on WOW

This is only half-true. You don't need to defrag on a Mac only because OSX automatically defrags a file for you if it is less than 20 MB in size when you open any file, and the file is found to be fragmented. I would argue that this adds to system overhead, not reduce.

Also, this only works if you have at least 20% (or so) free space on the disk to begin with, to allow OSX the space to auto defrag.

That is, OSX is "defragging all the time", Windows only does it when you ask it to (such as a scheduled task every Wed night at 2am). To me, I'll classify this as a Mac overhead.

tinyu 09-24-11 09:06 PM

getting a bit off topic arent we guys. started out as a mod request thread and turned into a PC vs Mac/Windows vs OSX thread.

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyu (Post 244988)
getting a bit off topic arent we guys. started out as a mod request thread and turned into a PC vs Mac/Windows vs OSX thread.

Was just saying I forgot that system lag issues are rare for MACs so downloading an addon to try doiesn't do any major damage to system for lag in-game

RazorClaw99 09-24-11 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinhuan (Post 244987)
This is only half-true. You don't need to defrag on a Mac only because OSX automatically defrags a file for you if it is less than 20 MB in size when you open any file, and the file is found to be fragmented. I would argue that this adds to system overhead, not reduce.

Also, this only works if you have at least 20% (or so) free space on the disk to begin with, to allow OSX the space to auto defrag.

That is, OSX is "defragging all the time", Windows only does it when you ask it to (such as a scheduled task every Wed night at 2am). To me, I'll classify this as a Mac overhead.

well all I mean is if addon is bad and u remove it from the WOW folder it's not like there is any "Empty" space on HDD in addons spot

RazorClaw99 09-26-11 08:43 AM

I am wondering if there is an addon that has both a threat meter as well as a DPS meter.