WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Where do we go from here (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44574)

myrroddin 10-02-12 07:18 AM

Making Repo easier

I just pulled up the Curseforge project page for Carbonite, which propagates to Curse when an author tags a beta or release file. If you look at the very bottom right of the page, across from the Curse family of sites links, there is a tiny ! inside a triangle. Rythal, if you click that, you flag the project for moderator attention, and we (I am one of many Curse moderators) can reassign Carbonite to you.

The beauty of this is Curseforge supports external repositories, such as GitHub, WowI, etc and so on, so you can confidently upload here, and as soon as you do, it automatically appears there. You tag here, it automatically goes to Curse. Setting it up is as hard as filling one line in the Edit Project section.

The most you would ever have to do is edit the project description manually, but you can copy and paste that.

Food for thought.

gOOvER 10-02-12 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrroddin (Post 265656)
I just pulled up the Curseforge project page for Carbonite, which propagates to Curse when an author tags a beta or release file. If you look at the very bottom right of the page, across from the Curse family of sites links, there is a tiny ! inside a triangle. Rythal, if you click that, you flag the project for moderator attention, and we (I am one of many Curse moderators) can reassign Carbonite to you.

The beauty of this is Curseforge supports external repositories, such as GitHub, WowI, etc and so on, so you can confidently upload here, and as soon as you do, it automatically appears there. You tag here, it automatically goes to Curse. Setting it up is as hard as filling one line in the Edit Project section.

The most you would ever have to do is edit the project description manually, but you can copy and paste that.

Food for thought.

from me +1 :D

S@thi 10-02-12 03:02 PM

nice to see curse mods helping out too.
/is pleased

smarshburn 10-02-12 04:25 PM

Finally registered here just to chime in on this one. Rythal, thank you for all you've already done for Carbonite, and thanks in advance for the work you're already planning to put into it. I know it's a massive time commitment and we all appreciate the effort.

I think others have already mentioned this, but I would love to have the option of just having the map/questing data. I don't use the punks feature, and while the inventory feature is nice, I don't use it often, either. I usually keep Nodes turned off as well; I prefer Gatherer for that. I rely heavily on my Carbonite map, though; I usually keep it docked on my screen so that I can see more than just the minimap at one time, and it's a lot more customizable than the Blizz zone map.

myrroddin 10-03-12 08:11 AM

I would have just handed the reigns to Rythal instead of posting that I could hand him the reigns; however, there is a possible name conflict, or at least someone with a name that is very close, and I cannot be absolutely certain they are the same person.

24 hours later, I just checked Curseforge, and no project ticket moderation, and thus no project ownership transfer. Hopefully soon, as there are eleventy billion people asking on the Curse forums "is Rythal updating Carbonite here too?"

Rythal 10-03-12 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrroddin (Post 265774)
I would have just handed the reigns to Rythal instead of posting that I could hand him the reigns; however, there is a possible name conflict, or at least someone with a name that is very close, and I cannot be absolutely certain they are the same person.

24 hours later, I just checked Curseforge, and no project ticket moderation, and thus no project ownership transfer. Hopefully soon, as there are eleventy billion people asking on the Curse forums "is Rythal updating Carbonite here too?"

Rythal1 is me, since when I tried to register it said Rythal was not allowed (guessing someone else has it). But no I haven't put in the ticket yet. I will soon tho.

myrroddin 10-03-12 05:20 PM

You now have full control over Carbonite on Curseforge/Curse, Rythal. Sorry for the late reply! To set up the remote repository, go to the Curseforge project page, click the Repository tab, then Edit Repository on the right. All the options are there, and you can point it to WowInterface if you wish.

I would do it myself, but I don't know what options you want, nor do I know your repo url or type.

That should make more than a few people happy.

Haggisdog 10-08-12 07:27 PM

Happy People

Quote:

Originally Posted by myrroddin (Post 265815)

That should make more than a few people happy.

:banana: I was so excited to see that today in my Curse Client...My WoW addon experience is complete... not about that Lightheaded :-)