WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Customizing Layouts (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Creating custom dashboard skins... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21404)

Baltharus 05-04-09 01:09 PM

ok! yea i was reading th thread and it seems pretty straight forward.. i am joust going to have to learn how to actually make the textures :D

Baltharus 05-04-09 01:27 PM

ok quick question (prolly a total noob one)

with the dashboard graphic there are 2 layers? the base is transparent and the top layer has the designs on it?

or am i just going at this the wrong way?

spiel2001 05-04-09 01:41 PM

Well... when you save it to a PNG it's all one layer with transparency. However, my original artwork actually have six or seven layers. That said, I usually start of by having a transparent background and then layering over top of that, so you are generically correct.

Baltharus 05-04-09 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well here is attempt number one...

FAILURE

i guess i suck at cutting things out?

anyways here some SS.. get ready for a lol cause i certainly did

EDIT: ill have to try to finish this later time for work >.<

Soul Crusher 05-04-09 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltharus (Post 133497)
well here is attempt number one...

FAILURE

i guess i suck at cutting things out?

anyways here some SS.. get ready for a lol cause i certainly did

EDIT: ill have to try to finish this later time for work >.<

Common seriously Voyager?!?!?!? ... Ya should have at least used TNG or Enterprise :-)

Just j/k .. good try and hope ya get ir fixed later ... Think I might give Making one a shot Myself sometime soon here

Baltharus 05-04-09 08:50 PM

lol yes voyager!

its amazing!

ok maybe not as BA as TNG though :D i *want* to make one for each series.. but.. i have to figure out how to do it properly first :D

Baltharus 05-04-09 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
attempt number two!!!

semi fail... i was not sure how to make the little cut out that goes above the first action bar and the stance bar... so i did it by hand :D still kinda sucks though >.< now if i could figure that part out i think i will be ok!

more SS for good lols

EDIT: something i just noticed... Captain Janeway's face is getting rolfpwned by the minimap....

Baltharus 05-05-09 01:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
third attempt....

less fail then before...

i need some help on the part that comes up and over the bars in the center.. any hints/tips from the pros?

another SS for giggles... im tired and im head to bed :D

EDIT: so tired i uploaded the wrong SS <.<

havoxx 05-21-09 03:52 PM

Hmm, I see this was a bit ninjad :D, did Paantheaus ever finish his tribal looking skin? :D

Baltharus 05-23-09 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havoxx (Post 137700)
Hmm, I see this was a bit ninjad :D, did Paantheaus ever finish his tribal looking skin? :D

i have no idea what your talking about <.< ninjas.. psssh..

as far as the tribal skin.. not sure havent seen him around so.. no?

Eliria516 01-05-10 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so I made one and it came out ok i think but i messed up a little on the cutting :( What is the best way to section it using Gimp? Thx for any help

Xrystal 01-05-10 05:25 PM

Yeah the cutting up part was always messing me up so I just left it to the experts :D

spiel2001 01-06-10 05:27 AM

I don't use Gimp enough to be able to help you, hopefully someone else experienced with Gimp will speak up.

Eliria516 01-06-10 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope so. In the mean time I'll just change the colors and add stuff to the plain ones here, if that's ok. I put Twilight in one ;) woot lol

Wierdlings 03-04-10 06:04 PM

Lua and Toc??

I can handle the editing and creating of graphics.. but what about the Lua and Toc portions? I can't even view them to edit.

Any help please?

THANKS!
~Wierdlings

Xrystal 03-04-10 06:08 PM

They are editable by any text editor :D So you should be able to edit them fine :D

Petrah 03-05-10 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wierdlings (Post 180610)
I can handle the editing and creating of graphics.. but what about the Lua and Toc portions? I can't even view them to edit.

Any help please?

THANKS!
~Wierdlings

Right click over any toc file and choose Properties. On the General tab you will see "Type of file" and "Opens with". Click on the Change button and choose Notepad. If it's not on the list, choose Browse and peruse your way to where Notepad is installed and choose it's exe file.

Rinse and repeat for lua and wtf files. ;)

A great free editor that's better than Notepad is Notepad++.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Wierdlings 03-07-10 04:02 PM

Thanks and Test Layout

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you Xrystal and Petrah for your replies. I had a design done earlier today, its actually my third attempt and one I am happy to show to others... hehe. Its a translucent cool (as in frosty) azure blue with scrolly purple and blue motifs in the right, left and center sections.

~Wierdlings

Attachments are an in-game screen shot and the second is a screen shot of the full image w/o the game noise. While it looks like it has a white background (which does not show) and solid blue bottom area, it is actually translucent.

spiel2001 03-07-10 04:14 PM

Very nicely done.

Xrystal 03-07-10 04:34 PM

Yes, looks very cool *pun intended* :D