WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A small update. (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41616)

Epiphany17 10-16-11 06:14 PM

A small update.

I didn't want to clutter up the thread but this is a continuation of this.

I had posted about how I was extremely ill and had a hard time keeping food down.

I just got home earlier today after being in the hospital since early Thursday morning. I ended up having to have emergency abdominal surgery on Friday after a CT Scan revealed a large mass. This was actually an ovarian cyst, not entirely uncommon but the fact that it was this large was just weird.

They pumped 1.5 gallons of fluid out of it and it measured 14inches fully deflated. No one had seen one this big because ovarian cysts usually make themselves known by twisting the ovary and causing immense pain.

This thing had flattened my stomach, moved my intestines up under my diaphragm and was squishing my gallbladder/bile duct which was causing my liver to spaz out.

Even after so many tests and scans this went undetected. I'm just thankful it's out and I'm on the road to recovery. Test haven't shown any bacteria or anything abnormal about the cyst.

My body is just really weird, apparently.

Taryble 10-16-11 07:14 PM

Glad it was discovered, and glad they were able to do something about it - I'm happy to hear that you're on the road to recovery now. :)

PS: Dear GOD, that's huge....

Seerah 10-16-11 07:39 PM

WOW - so glad to hear that you're okay! Also so glad that you were finally able to figure out what was wrong and that it was treatable! :) Rest up, Epiphany, I foresee some happy eating in your future. :D

Cairenn 10-16-11 07:46 PM

Glad to hear you are okay. I had a really big one that ruptured on me (although not that big), so I can relate. Hopefully that'll be the last of it for you and life can get back to normal! :)

haylie 10-17-11 03:16 AM

Ovarian cysts are nasty... a friend of mine went through that as well. I'm happy it turned out okay for you! Make sure to get plenty of rest!

Epiphany17 10-17-11 11:12 AM

Thanks guys <3

I've been sleeping so much x.x The biggest problem is that my right shoulder/neck is absolutely killing me. Having food actually taste good after anesthesia is another one... Lemonade tastes like heaven to me.

Haleth 10-17-11 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246070)
Lemonade tastes like heaven to me.

When doesn't it?

Glad to hear you're getting better. :)

Epiphany17 10-17-11 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haleth (Post 246076)
When doesn't it?

Glad to hear you're getting better. :)

Hehe, that and all types of fruit are what I've been craving!

Nibelheim 10-17-11 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246079)
Hehe, that and all types of fruit are what I've been craving!

Sounds like sugar cravings.

voodoodad 10-17-11 03:51 PM

Epi, I'm really glad you're on the road to recovery. If you need some entertainment of a totally different sort, I just finished downloading every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (81 gigs total. Really grateful I have a 1 tb hard drive lol) and would be happy to share. If this show doesn't keep your spirits up, then most likely nothing will.

haylie 10-18-11 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 246081)
If this show doesn't keep your spirits up, then most likely nothing will.

How about this movie? Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Collin Farrel and Jude Law all in one movie? Yes please.

Epiphany17 10-18-11 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 246081)
Epi, I'm really glad you're on the road to recovery. If you need some entertainment of a totally different sort, I just finished downloading every episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (81 gigs total. Really grateful I have a 1 tb hard drive lol) and would be happy to share. If this show doesn't keep your spirits up, then most likely nothing will.

Thanks (: I'll definitely look that show up.

Right now Hallow's End and The Sims 3 keep me pretty occupied <-<

Today is definitely better, I have a lot less pain. It's just very exhausting to get up and move around, feels like I have to take a breath twice as much just to catch up.

Vlad 10-18-11 07:38 PM

I may not know you too well, but I am glad you are back -it's obvious the community missed you and are happy for your return as well! :)

Epiphany17 10-26-11 09:09 AM

I went to see my surgeon today, the pathology report came back and there are no malignancies! Very happy, now I can get on with life XD

voodoodad 10-26-11 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246574)

I went to see my surgeon today, the pathology report came back and there are no malignancies! Very happy, now I can get on with life XD

That's great news, Epi! So glad you gave us an update!

Epiphany17 10-26-11 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoodad (Post 246578)
That's great news, Epi! So glad you gave us an update!

<3 Thanks Voodoo

Cairenn 10-26-11 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246574)

YAYAYAYAY!

Epiphany17 10-26-11 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 246580)
YAYAYAYAY!

Hehe, you guys make me smile :3

voodoodad 10-26-11 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 (Post 246585)
Hehe, you guys make me smile :3

That's what we're here for...

I think...

Dolby 10-26-11 06:15 PM

Wow thats awesome news Epiphany! I'm so glad everything is fine. Thanks for letting us know. :)