WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Where is my Minion?! (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23730)

Shirik 05-18-09 12:12 AM

Where is my Minion?!

Okay so we're a little behind schedule.

Unfortunately, it had not occurred to me that a consequence of one of the risks I mentioned in my initial release schedule post (the fact that I'm going to an internship) would be that I don't have internet up here!

Unfortunately, that lack of internet has severely interrupted testing. There are a few things that really need to be worked out before we can release, for two reasons. Firstly, I want the API to be fairly stable so authors of modules don't have to be messing around as things change. Secondly, I don't want to release something until it truly is of beta quality. Beta, to me, does not mean broken. It means like what Windows 7 build 7000 was -- very usable, but may have a few glitches here or there that don't really impact much.

So that's why it's not out yet. It shouldn't take more than a week to get everything out. If I had to give a date, I'd give you Sunday, but if it's ready sooner I'll post it then. I wouldn't count on it being later than Sunday, though.

Sorry guys,
-- Shirik

kounelara 05-18-09 12:16 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated on the status of Minion! I'm sure it's worth the wait :)

Vis 05-18-09 12:44 AM

I believe the old saying goes "Good things come to those who wait."

Thank you for the update :)

Bomyne 05-18-09 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirik (Post 136759)
It means like what Windows 7 build 7000 was -- very usable,

-- Shirik

I'm sorry, did you put the words "Windows" and "useable" in the same sentance? :D

Just kidding. Thanks for the update, can't wait to test it.

clayton6870 05-18-09 05:16 AM

Looking forward to it, can't wait!!!!!!!!!1

us2006027321 05-18-09 05:20 AM

/support :D

MadCow 05-18-09 05:49 AM

I DEMAND a refund of my anticipation!

:banana:

j/k ....dont hit me again Mistress Cairenn! /whimper

Take you're time. Im sure it'll be worth it in the end.

jundo 05-18-09 06:02 AM

It's not a problem with me. Real life ensues and this is just for video games really. All be it, really good video games that are addictive and like a narcotic, but just video games all the same.

Your keeping us up-to-date on what's going on, so I'm happy. Grats on the internship btw :) hope it goes well/it's going well.

zandoz 05-18-09 08:58 AM

We all will support Minion and the one's who creating it!

Nuwisha 05-18-09 10:00 AM

keep up the good work and good luck on the internship

TheCrocodil 05-18-09 12:16 PM

As we say in Germany: "Gut' Ding will Weile haben"! Take the time you need, I fully understand your point not releasing a product you are not satisfied with. And you keep us up to date, so we know about the status of minion.

Oh and btw: good luck with your internship ;)

dirtnapper 05-18-09 12:53 PM

thanks

Yes thanks for all the updates. :banana:

Cairenn 05-18-09 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadCow (Post 136825)
I DEMAND a refund of my anticipation!

:banana:

j/k ....dont hit me again Mistress Cairenn! /whimper

Take you're time. Im sure it'll be worth it in the end.

voodoodad 05-18-09 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 136950)

Dare I say... Kinky?

forty2j 05-18-09 01:46 PM

Quote:

^

What the Ms. Pac-Man story sequences should have had.

Baltharus 05-18-09 02:37 PM

Quote:

i demand you tell me where your secret stash of awesome smilies are!!!

AsheruWolf 05-18-09 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirik (Post 136759)
Okay so we're a little behind schedule.

Unfortunately, it had not occurred to me that a consequence of one of the risks I mentioned in my initial release schedule post (the fact that I'm going to an internship) would be that I don't have internet up here!

Unfortunately, that lack of internet has severely interrupted testing. There are a few things that really need to be worked out before we can release, for two reasons. Firstly, I want the API to be fairly stable so authors of modules don't have to be messing around as things change. Secondly, I don't want to release something until it truly is of beta quality. Beta, to me, does not mean broken. It means like what Windows 7 build 7000 was -- very usable, but may have a few glitches here or there that don't really impact much.

So that's why it's not out yet. It shouldn't take more than a week to get everything out. If I had to give a date, I'd give you Sunday, but if it's ready sooner I'll post it then. I wouldn't count on it being later than Sunday, though.

Sorry guys,
-- Shirik

Thats it 60 lashes of the best. The cat is out of the bag and the piper must be paid... :eek:

Bomyne 05-19-09 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baltharus (Post 136966)
i demand you tell me where your secret stash of awesome smilies are!!!

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=smilies

jonathon 05-19-09 11:52 AM

/support all those that put work into this site and the products it supplies

Smiley added for AWESOMENESS

ereth 05-19-09 04:10 PM

Take the time you need to give us something that works and not something that makes monkeys that makes the computers work kill themself :)

Thou, I hear the girl that lives deep down inside of me crying "I want my minion and I want it now :("