WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Shared media (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45464)

boudreau908 12-17-12 04:09 PM

Shared media

I just downloaded the latest version and it appears it no longer supports shared media. Specifically importing fonts. I have no problems with any other addons except for this latest version. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Rythal 12-17-12 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boudreau908 (Post 270795)
I just downloaded the latest version and it appears it no longer supports shared media. Specifically importing fonts. I have no problems with any other addons except for this latest version. Anyone else have a similar problem?

It never should of worked in the first place... just luck if it was. Carbonite is self-sufficient (for now) and has no external libraries like libsharedmedia.

I could be completely wrong about this tho and they manually supported it in the addon somehow, I just haven't come across it yet.

jeffy162 12-17-12 05:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rythal (Post 270798)
It never should of worked in the first place... just luck if it was. Carbonite is self-sufficient (for now) and has no external libraries like libsharedmedia.

I could be completely wrong about this tho and they manually supported it in the addon somehow, I just haven't come across it yet.

I must be one of the lucky ones. :D
Please click the image for the larger version (1280 x 800). May open in a new browser tab or window depending on your browser.
Attachment 7455 Attachment 7456

I know Carbonite has been like this for at least the last two years, because that's how long ago I decided to change the fonts that displayed the various Carbonite information in its' interfaces. I wanted it to match the rest of the displays in my UI. Luckily, the font I wanted to use was listed in the fonts menu, so.......

By the way, I'm currently using Carbonite 5.0591, but the BETA displayed the fonts the same way while I was using it.

Petrah 12-17-12 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boudreau908 (Post 270795)

I've always used Wow font folder method to change font's to the ones I want to use. Since it's an everywhere change, the new fonts show up in Carbonite as well.

www.vranx.com/font.htm

boudreau908 12-18-12 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petrah (Post 270807)
I've always used Wow font folder method to change font's to the ones I want to use. Since it's an everywhere change, the new fonts show up in Carbonite as well.

www.vranx.com/font.htm

Excellent fix....thank you. I got lucky with it before and never put much thought into a solution.