WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   CastSpellByID() blocked or not? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50009)

Duugu 10-06-14 11:34 AM

CastSpellByID() blocked or not?
 
Hey all,

I've found something strange with CastSpellByID.

Code:

/script CastSpellByID(31707)
(http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31707)
does work


Code:

/script CastSpellByID(33395)
(http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33395)
is blocked.

Why does the first macro work and the second is blocked?? I can't see any difference.

Miiru 10-06-14 11:51 AM

Maybe because it is an instant cast?

Phanx 10-06-14 12:49 PM

You are allowed to use CastSpellByID/CastSpellByName with professions spells (eg. CastSpellByName("Alchemy") to open the tradeskill frame for alchemy) but not for actual spells. Either pet spells are also allowed, or this specific spell is allowed by accident. I would recommend against using either function at all, though, as there are other ways to open the tradeskill frame, and you probably should not be auto-casting pet spells from an addon, as if the spell is being allowed by accident, such behavior may flag your account as using some kind of bot or hack.

Duugu 10-06-14 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 297466)
You are allowed to use CastSpellByID/CastSpellByName with professions spells (eg. CastSpellByName("Alchemy") to open the tradeskill frame for alchemy) but not for actual spells. Either pet spells are also allowed, or this specific spell is allowed by accident. I would recommend against using either function at all, though, as there are other ways to open the tradeskill frame, and you probably should not be auto-casting pet spells from an addon, as if the spell is being allowed by accident, such behavior may flag your account as using some kind of bot or hack.

Well, I was assuming that CastSpellByID would be blocked for all spells. That's why I'm asking.

Could someone report this to the US forum? I really would like to know if this behavior is accidentally or intentionally.

Duugu 10-06-14 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miiru (Post 297463)
Maybe because it is an instant cast?

Maybe. Unfortunately the only pet I have access to is the Water Elemental. So I can't test this with other instant pet spells.

Miiru 10-07-14 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duugu (Post 297470)
Maybe. Unfortunately the only pet I have access to is the Water Elemental. So I can't test this with other instant pet spells.

On Hunter-Pet Instant Spells like Growl(2649) or Bullheaded(53490), theres no blocked message. Just tested this on ptr.

edit: gonna test some 'attack-spells'

edit2: if i could find any :D

Duugu 10-07-14 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miiru (Post 297483)
On Hunter-Pet Instant Spells like Growl(2649) or Bullheaded(53490), theres no blocked message. Just tested this on ptr.

edit: gonna test some 'attack-spells'

edit2: if i could find any :D

I've tested some non-pet instant spells too. All of them where blocked as expected.
Seems to be intentionally then. Don't know why they explicit allow pet instant spells. Doesn't make much sense. *shrug*


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 AM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2020 MMOUI