WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Full-Body Scans (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34603)

Cairenn 08-23-10 09:16 PM

Full-Body Scans

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports:

All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will NOT X-ray you, but WILL detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

This would be a win-win for everyone. There would be no racial profiling and the device would eliminate long and expensive trials.........

This is so simple it's brilliant!

I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number..."

Cidan 08-23-10 09:18 PM

Brilliant!

Muqq 08-23-10 09:18 PM

Where do we vote for this? Can I send a letter to my state rep?

Unkn 08-23-10 09:23 PM

Now it would only be good if someone made a reality show out of it. Then of course it would get allowed in airports very quickly. So useful tho.

Jzar 08-23-10 09:49 PM

In the meantime...

DesertDwarf 08-23-10 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 203620)
All we need to do is develop a booth that you can step into that will NOT X-ray you, but WILL detonate any explosive device you may have hidden on or in your body. The explosion will be contained within the sealed booth.

[Thought 1]
/me slips a tiny (and mostly harmless) explosive device into Cairenn's bag.

Smith says, "But, sir, I swear I head her yell that the device wasn't hers right after the warning alarm went off, so I stopped the booth's exploderator. That's when Jones over there pushed the button to resume the exploderator."
[/Thought 1]

[Thought 2]
Flipping through the want ads, Dolby sees a job listed for "booth cleaner" and thinks that might be verrrry interesting for a little supplemental income. Little did he know.
[/Thought 2]

[Thought 3]
I'm an airline employee, so thanks for the extra seat! :D
[/Thought 3]

Cairenn 08-23-10 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDwarf (Post 203626)
[Thought 1]
/me slips a tiny (and mostly harmless) explosive device into Cairenn's bag.

Smith says, "But, sir, I swear I head her yell that the device wasn't hers right after the warning alarm went off, so I stopped the booth's exploderator. That's when Jones over there pushed the button to resume the exploderator."
[/Thought 1]

You want to deadify me?! *sniffles as a single tear rolls slowly down my cheek*

DesertDwarf 08-23-10 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 203630)

No, not me. According to Smith, it was Jones. See, he's a mouse-clicker PVP guy and totally fails.

Besides, it was "mostly harmless." It only singes one hair of your eyebrow. That's it. ('Twas made by goblins, donchaknow.)

Or, no, wait! I cast a pally-IWin-bubble on the device and it faded a split-second after the explosion. That turned it into a desplosion, which is a whole lot less fatal.

Yup, a lot less fatal.

/me is sticking to (one of) his stories.

MidgetMage55 08-23-10 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDwarf (Post 203631)
No, not me. According to Smith, it was Jones. See, he's a mouse-clicker PVP guy and totally fails.

Besides, it was "mostly harmless." It only singes one hair of your eyebrow. That's it. ('Twas made by goblins, donchaknow.)

Or, no, wait! I cast a pally-IWin-bubble on the device and it faded a split-second after the explosion. That turned it into a desplosion, which is a whole lot less fatal.

Yup, a lot less fatal.

/me is sticking to (one of) his stories.

Too late now. The jig is up. The cat is out of the bag. The birds are flying south and so on.

Askelon 08-23-10 11:01 PM

hehehe

I Love It!

DesertDwarf 08-23-10 11:47 PM

Hi Askelon. Love the name.

Coote 08-24-10 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDwarf (Post 203631)

If it don't make a crater, it ain't Goblin. Must be your standard Gnomish junk to just fizzle like that. ;)

nightcracker 08-24-10 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 203630)

Turns me on.

Wait.

Grimsin 10-12-10 03:22 PM

That sounds like a great idea! I can still make it through with the drugs then! :eek::eek: