WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbonite: Dev Talk (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Nearing next public release (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51381)

Rythal 01-01-15 11:35 PM

Nearing next public release

Only one always cropping up error that I know of which I wasn't able to find / fix today (Overlays nil error)

Anything else major stand out which I haven't addressed yet? I'm really bad at keeping track of bugs :P

Kreelor 01-01-15 11:40 PM

Well, there's still Warehouse (connected realm issues) and Mining "node" issues. Haven't checked Herb "nodes" yet.

Edited:
I know I'm not a developer... I posted here without thinking it through. Sorry.
I mentioned those things because the are 'major' issues to me. I can't develop my char's efficiently without them. Ignore my post.

Edited again. Geesh.
I forgot to mention how important having accurate Profiles is to me.

Rythal 01-02-15 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreelor (Post 304228)
Well, there's still Warehouse (connected realm issues) and Mining "node" issues. Haven't checked Herb "nodes" yet.

Edited:
I know I'm not a developer... I posted here without thinking it through. Sorry.
I mentioned those things because the are 'major' issues to me. I can't develop my char's efficiently without them. Ignore my post.

Edited again. Geesh.
I forgot to mention how important having accurate Profiles is to me.

Both of those are fixed in the github version, which is what I mean by public release, moving from github to the live version people download :)

Kreelor 01-02-15 12:43 AM

Thanks for explaining that, Rythal. As I said... I'm not a developer, so the terminologies are something I don't understand. I can't even understand the terminologies in the GitHub (but, I try!). When I read that you were talking about the public release, I didn't realize that you were talking about the GitHub version (prior to your releasing it to the public as an update to the Live version).

You said there was only one error you were still concerned with, but I was thinking selfishly about a few of the ones I encounter every day. Now, I understand you. That's a relief.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'm just overwhelmed by all the work you and all the others have done to help the rest of us. You have no possible way to understand how grateful I am for the effort all of you have put into improving and keeping Carbonite alive and functioning well. God bless all of you! I wish there was some way to share my donations between all of you who have worked so hard! I just don't know how to do that. The others have really helped!

samyonair 01-02-15 06:31 PM

It seems to be very stable now with latest github version apart of known Issues (some are fixed) and not closed yet, nothing new comes up

greetings Samyonair

ircdirk 01-02-15 08:10 PM

How about this https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/issues/212 <-- already Fixed with github version

ircdirk 01-07-15 03:11 PM

Rythal when are u plannig next release? Many fixes have been made in GitHub. Users are still reporting issues that are already fixed.

DeaTHCorEKiD 01-08-15 12:21 AM

i think a list of known issues as a info on the download page for the next release are a good idea to stop spam bug report of known issues...

ircdirk 01-08-15 01:24 AM

DeaTHCorEKiD you are right also this list of fixed issues is good to use as changelog.

atl77 01-08-15 04:24 AM

I would like to use githubs milestone release management. We should define what the next release should have (features and fixes) so it is more transparent.

ircdirk 01-08-15 07:03 AM

As always everything is up to Rythal... But having milestone would be great!

ircdirk 01-09-15 11:44 AM

Rythal? Give us some feedback...

Rythal 01-09-15 11:35 PM

I'm still reviewing everything.

Since I'll be out of reach, and unable to do anything while i'm over in Europe I am trying to make sure that everything is in the best place it can be.

ircdirk 01-10-15 02:41 AM

Thanks Rythal that explains everything.