WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Search/Requests (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Out of date addons (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1289)

EpiTeK 07-15-05 11:43 PM

Out of date addons

Is there a way to like renew addons by myself. Like don't change nething just put them to date :confused:

Gello 07-15-05 11:58 PM

At character select screen, hit the AddOns button in the lower left, then check the option named something like "Use Out-Dated AddOns"

EpiTeK 07-17-05 04:49 PM

No I can load them , but I want to put them to date

Vayder 07-17-05 04:54 PM

either search for the addons your using one by one, or wait for the compilation your using to be updated

Kaelten 07-17-05 05:46 PM

there is a prog in the top ones at curse-gaming.com that will scan your files and update them. its called WoWToc I think

Cairenn 07-17-05 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaelten
there is a prog in the top ones at curse-gaming.com that will scan your files and update them.

*Beats Kalten severely*

Kaelten 07-17-05 06:20 PM

whhat? all it does is make them say they're not out of date? *rubs forhead and his other 2000 parts that cair has thourghly thrashed*

Cairenn 07-17-05 06:27 PM

YOU of all people, should know better than to tell people to go in and change their toc numbers!

BAD Kaelten, BAD!

Cairenn 07-17-05 06:59 PM

/sigh

I'm sorry

It's just that changing toc numbers, if you aren't the author of the mod(s) in question, is a Bad Idea™, and to have a mod author, who should know better, suggesting it ... gah!

Sowwy :(

Kaelten 07-17-05 10:03 PM

lol. I'm sorry, I actually wasn't aware that its the 10th deadly sign ( I already have private versions of 8 and 9)

Is there any particular reason why its frowned upon, I mean I'm aware that its possible to mess something up for the un initiated to go in and mess with stuff, but beyond that.

Cairenn 07-17-05 10:09 PM

*blink* *blink blink* *boogle*

Read this.

Kaelten 07-17-05 10:12 PM

hehe, I figured it had something to do with this, I guess I'm just bad though in the fact that I don't do this, hehe.

*slaps his own wrist*

Cairenn 07-17-05 10:23 PM

Yes, but there is a difference. You are a mod author, you know that changing the toc number doesn't actually fix anything that is wrong. And you have an idea of what you are doing to be able to fix it, if the original author doesn't update. That isn't saying that the average joe-mod-user is stupid, just that the average joe-mod-user isn't a programmer and doesn't know the ins and outs of fixing code. For the average joe-mod-user, changing the toc number themselves just means that when something is actually broken, they don't know why they are suddenly getting error messages, since as far as their WoW is concerned, all the mods are up-to-date. If on the other hand, they don't change the toc number, if they start getting error messages, they can look at their listing and go "oh, okay, this mod hasn't been updated yet, it's probably the one causing the problem" and they go look for updates. So, telling the average joe-mod-user to update their toc numbers is a Bad Idea™.

Kaelten 07-17-05 10:25 PM

hehe agreed and point ceeded.

:)

Itanius 07-17-05 10:26 PM

With the "Load AddOns anyways" option, TOC numbers are irrelevant anyways. It's not really that big of a deal...

/adds fuel to the fire :D

Cairenn 07-17-05 10:28 PM

Precisely, Itanius, and the "Load Outdated Addons" is the {quote} proper {unquote} way for the average joe-mod-user to deal with patch day, until they can get updated versions of their mods from the authors.