WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   What's going on? (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31363)

Shirik 03-21-10 11:33 PM

What's going on?

Hi all,

I've been getting some questions recently so I think I should drop a line.

I am a student. Aside from a few random contributions, I am also the only person that has ever committed code for MMOUI Minion, despite requests for assistance. I also have a job with a very well respected company.

My job and my schooling comes first. As a result, unfortunately development of Minion has slacked a little. However I have not forgotten the project. As the school year comes to a close I hope to be addressing many of the major issues people have commented on.

The biggest issue I still have is with regards to the heuristics that determine which addon is which. I have a (quite fun) plan to resolve this, I just need to get everything in order, so stay tuned.

Thanks for sticking with us despite the problems, I know this hasn't been easy, but I still hope to make Minion the all-around updater that everyone's been looking for.

-- Shirik

Vis 03-23-10 06:05 AM

I don't believe it is ever said often enough....

Thank you Shirik and all the volunteers for all the hard work you've put into Minion.

PerfectH 03-25-10 06:34 AM

Thank you kindly, Shirik, your efforts are greatly appreciated by the entire WoWI community.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use MMOUI as of late because it has been giving me the 'Internal Error' bit for nearly every AddOn I have. I've checked the log a while back and could not find an understandable cause to this.

Perhaps if you have time, could you take a look at a copy of my MMOUI log for me to see what's up?

As I said before, I can greatly appreciate what you have done here for us and the program otherwise looks fantastic! Thank you!

forty2j 03-25-10 07:56 AM

Unacceptable!

Ok, seriously, it's worked perfectly for me since the last patch squashed all of the "internal errors" for Mac users. The only way I know it's still a beta is that there's an empty space where an ad is supposed to be :)

Shirik 03-25-10 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerfectH (Post 182725)
Thank you kindly, Shirik, your efforts are greatly appreciated by the entire WoWI community.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use MMOUI as of late because it has been giving me the 'Internal Error' bit for nearly every AddOn I have. I've checked the log a while back and could not find an understandable cause to this.

Perhaps if you have time, could you take a look at a copy of my MMOUI log for me to see what's up?

As I said before, I can greatly appreciate what you have done here for us and the program otherwise looks fantastic! Thank you!

Could you please PM it to me? Thanks.
-- Shirik