WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Simulating Raid Environments (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50920)

Blurg 12-28-14 11:42 PM

Simulating Raid Environments

Hey how are you going,

So I'm looking to start creating my own raid UI however I have ran into the issue of being able to test what my addons look like in raids / arenas unless I physically am in one. Is there any addons that simulate 25 man raids so I can test the look of my UI?

Cheers

Tim 12-29-14 01:53 AM

You can show the arena frames by either typing this in chat or set it as a macro

Code:

/run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_ArenaUI");ArenaEnemyFrames:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame1:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame2:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame3:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame1CastingBar:Show()
As for the raid frames I'm not sure there is an easy way to do so with blizzards frames. If you're using 3rd party mods I doubt they have any test mode like many used to during the earlier wow years.

Marthisdil 12-29-14 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 303526)
You can show the arena frames by either typing this in chat or set it as a macro

Code:

/run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_ArenaUI");ArenaEnemyFrames:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame1:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame2:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame3:Show();ArenaEnemyFrame1CastingBar:Show()
As for the raid frames I'm not sure there is an easy way to do so with blizzards frames. If you're using 3rd party mods I doubt they have any test mode like many used to during the earlier wow years.

RealUI you can show all the UI elements to move them around as necessary.

Tim 12-29-14 02:45 AM

RealUI doesn't help the person if they're not using that UI.

Duugu 12-29-14 06:13 AM

The only way I know about is joining a battleground.

ravagernl 12-29-14 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurg (Post 303522)
Is there any addons that simulate 25 man raids so I can test the look of my UI?

That depends on the AddOn you are using to display raid frames.

10leej 12-29-14 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duugu (Post 303537)
The only way I know about is joining a battleground.

That's what I do. Just queue up for alterac valley.

Seerah 12-29-14 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravagernl (Post 303551)
That depends on the AddOn you are using to display raid frames.

This ^^. What addon ARE you using?

Vlad 01-03-15 02:07 PM

Long time ago someone tried making an addon that hijacked the API required to feed fake data, i.e. a 40 man raid. In turn the UI would update and show the different elements accordingly. Shame it died out back then... the idea is neat.

JDoubleU00 01-03-15 06:41 PM

Many unit frames as Seerah mentioned can display them. I know Shadowed UF can show them for placement.

Phanx 01-03-15 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad (Post 304321)
Long time ago someone tried making an addon that hijacked the API required to feed fake data, i.e. a 40 man raid. In turn the UI would update and show the different elements accordingly. Shame it died out back then... the idea is neat.

The problem with that is that it will cause massive taint everywhere, and if you entered combat without first reloading the UI, you would have a broken UI and millions of error messages.

Banknorris 01-04-15 01:46 AM

Vuhdo has a test mode where you can see 5,10, 25, 40 man raids even being solo. It is in the "move" tab.