WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archive (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Beta testing (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23384)

krolow 05-08-09 07:02 AM

Beta testing

Hiya, can't w8 until Minion is all finished and perfect. U'r doing a fantastic work doing this all and it looks good to.

Wondering tho if anyone can be a part of the beta or how it will be done cus I would be very interested in getting to try it out and help find bugs (think we all probly are :))

Slakah 05-08-09 07:04 AM

iirc It's going to be an open beta, so anyone can join for the fun.

Zyonin 05-08-09 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakah (Post 134393)
iirc It's going to be an open beta, so anyone can join for the fun.

aka we can all be "Lab Rats"! :D

Where's my cheese?

Kofetek 05-08-09 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lykofos (Post 134396)
aka we can all be "Lab Rats"! :D

Where's my cheese?

You'll get it at the end of the labyrinth.

Bluspacecow 05-08-09 07:52 AM

I can offer up my OS X 10.5.6 PPC beta testing ....

But I probably won't end up using it . No offence intended here Mr Shirik but I don't think it meets my needs.

I update only every week or so off email updates in a folder in my email. I prefer to examine every change log to see if it's a major update , minor update or if it's an update i'm either interested in or need.

This whole process only takes me 15 mins or so.

I guess my perfect updater program solution would be one that gets these emails out of my email box , examines them for specificed tags then downloads and installs them automatically , giving me a report.

Not really feasible but I'm happy with my current updating method. :D

TwN 05-08-09 09:47 AM

I volunteer to alpha/beta test on my iMac, intel based.

Cairenn 05-08-09 11:50 AM

From our FAQ about Minion:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 130563)
13. Will the beta test for it be public?
Yes, the beta test will be public.

:)

KiwiiDawn 05-08-09 01:10 PM

I am so glad it will work on linux, i have the new ubuntu going and playing wow so will be more the happy to be a lab bunny :)

Bouvi 05-09-09 04:05 PM

Can't wait can test on XP, and two intel Macs running 10.5.whatever.

Tearstar 05-10-09 12:15 AM

Can't wait

Being a past and current supporter of WM I am excited to try this, I currently have Vista Home Premium on my main box, and XP Pro SP3 on my alt box. Looking forward to trying it and comparing it to WM, forgive me guys if I seem critical of it at first, but Im hoping Minion will be all Im expecting, If so I will be sold and once again loyal to WoWI for other than manual updates.

Looking good so far and I love the module building idea . . .

Verrrrrryyyyyy Innnnteresting!!!!

Lord Rappian 05-10-09 09:55 AM

Looking forward to giving this a try. I am mostly interested in the possibility of grabbing my add-ons from the two sites I use at the same time as opposed to grabbing from one and manually doing the other. Any idea if the module for Curse is being worked on?

Cairenn 05-10-09 10:03 AM

You would need to ask them. Whether they (any other site, not just Curse) choose to support this way of making one application work for everywhere, or not, is entirely up to them. We will certainly be willing to help them write a module to plug in to it if they wish, and we will be more than happy to host any official modules that are made for other sites, but we won't be writing them ourselves (unless they specifically and officially ask us to), for very obvious reasons.

Yhor 05-10-09 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Rappian (Post 134981)
<snip> Any idea if the module for Curse is being worked on?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectro (Post 134005)
Yeah, something is buggy with this thread. I see what Ackis is saying. Page 60 goes to page 58. o_o

Kaelten: Is Curse actually going to let a module for Curse to exist for MMOUI Minion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaelten (Post 134019)
Don't have an answer for that one yet.

It appears as though they're putting some thought into it, at least.

Kimmik 05-11-09 01:08 AM

oooooooooo pretty... much thanks to those working on this... cant wait to beta it. It looks interesting and I volunteer me and the hubby....:banana:

llothos 05-21-09 02:14 AM

i'll be testing it with my windows 7 rc1 and Vista Home premium. Can't wait, I use the curse client and have only recently got into this website, i think i have been here in the past but never paid close attention to it. Then I discovered carbonite :) (great addon, already got most of my freinds converted) and this site!

OldHarry 05-21-09 10:36 AM

I am actually looking forward to giving minion a try when it comes out to test. I am not sure about how my imac running Leopard will feel but I have definitely seen enough here to know I want to participate. And I also know that people here are willing to help work through any problems that might arise. Just remember explaining real technical stuff to me these days is going to be like explaining them to your Grandma.

Cairenn 05-21-09 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHarry (Post 137648)
Just remember explaining real technical stuff to me these days is going to be like explaining them to your Grandma.

I'm taking screenshots of abso-frigging-lutely every little step for the Installation and Usage FAQ. :)

Kofetek 05-21-09 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cairenn (Post 137657)
I'm taking screenshots of abso-frigging-lutely every little step for the Installation and Usage FAQ. :)

Including how to click the forward button?

Cairenn 05-21-09 02:09 PM

Well, maybe not quite to that degree. ;)

voodoodad 05-21-09 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofetek (Post 137670)
Including how to click the forward button?

Forward button? Whats that?

/duck and cover