WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   OpenRDX: Community Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   working version of RDX in 4.0.x (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35446)

Mask647 10-13-10 10:56 AM

working version of RDX in 4.0.x

Hi!

first, i would like to say many thanks to people who create and contribute.

RDX is perfect and i am using it looong time

second. Where can i find working version of RDX for 4.0.x of WOW?

3rd. Could someone update AF_Grid. It is very useful and handy.

Cheers!

sigg 10-13-10 11:01 AM

Hello

You have to wait a little bit.

Sorry, coming soon.

Cheers

Shamino 10-13-10 11:20 AM

hey Sigg, in SVN what is the difference between branches 7.5 and 7.5_cataclysm ?

Is the interim fix for patch 4.0.1 going to be 7.5 or a 7.4.9 ?

sigg 10-13-10 03:17 PM

7.5 -> is abandonned. I was thinking to put this version in live, but there were too many things to finish. I just deleted this old branch.

7.5_cata -> for 4.0.3 (cata) and it also works for 4.0.1

Shamino 10-13-10 04:07 PM

guess i'm confused, in a different thread you mentioned fixing 7.4.8 version for 4.0.1 and leaving 7.5 for the cata xpac in december.

are we back to making 7.5 cata work for 4.0.1 patch?

Cidan 10-13-10 05:41 PM

We're not targeting 7.5 for 4.0.1, but because Cata and 4.0.1 are the same, UI code wise, 7.5 will work right now on 4.0.1. In fact, I'm using it on my live realm. However, the official release for 7.5 won't be until closer to Cata.

Diatrive 10-13-10 05:44 PM

All good, can someone please explain how to get it?

Shamino 10-13-10 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cidan (Post 209553)
We're not targeting 7.5 for 4.0.1, but because Cata and 4.0.1 are the same, UI code wise, 7.5 will work right now on 4.0.1. In fact, I'm using it on my live realm. However, the official release for 7.5 won't be until closer to Cata.

it mostly works, there are other changes I outlined in the bug forum that are required for some OOBE packages to function properly.

But to Diatrive point, not everyone is familiar with SVN access and the details of what we are talking about. will a release be posted that will work on 4.0.1 live?

Kcori 10-13-10 07:22 PM

Heres a guide I found from Unlimit, works really nice for getting the openRDX SVN.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

Hope it helps

unlimit 10-13-10 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcori (Post 209616)
Heres a guide I found from Unlimit, works really nice for getting the openRDX SVN.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

Hope it helps

How funny that you found one of my guides. :P

Diatrive 10-14-10 12:42 AM

Hmm followed the guide, installed the svn client, pulled down the files from the link provided, and put the folders from the Trunk folder in my Add Ons folder.

The first time I tried I put back in copies of the OOBE_RDX_Auras, OOBE_RDX_ChatFrames, OOBE_Konyagi_DUI, and OOBE_RDX_ActionBars which didn't seem to be part of the SVN files. I also put copies of all my configs in SavedVariables.

When starting up the game the rdx bar at the top has nothing in the first two sections, and nothing happens when clicking in them (no dropdown lists). Obviously all my windows are also gone also.

After that I tried to use the same files with no configs, this brought up what looked like one of the old installer windows, but with no text in it.

And finally I tried a fresh pulled copy from the SVN and a cleaned out SavedVariables folder. This had the same rdx bar across the top of the screen with the empty panels. There was an error which asked me to type /err to see it, but when I did that I got a box with a red titlebar across the top that was empty.

I am sorry to badger folks, but is there something I am doing wrong here?

sigg 10-14-10 12:56 AM

SVN repository :
Trunk : current live version 7.4.8
Branch/7.5_cata is the folder you need to checkout

Remember to backup all your files.
Delete all RDX addons before installing new version.
Do not replace!

Checkout from SVN Branch/7.5_cata
Download the beta version of RDX_Mediapack 1.4.1
(available in the tab beta of RDX_Mediapack)

Cheers

Mask647 10-14-10 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigg (Post 209729)
SVN repository :
Trunk : current live version 7.4.8
Branch/7.5_cata is the folder you need to checkout

Checkout from SVN Branch/7.5_cata
Download the beta version of RDX_Mediapack 1.4.1
(available in the tab beta of RDX_Mediapack)

Cheers

I'm totally lost...

could you please give some links or instructions for dummy (me :) ) how can i get 7.5_cata?

Kcori 10-14-10 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mask647 (Post 209763)
I'm totally lost...

could you please give some links or instructions for dummy (me :) ) how can i get 7.5_cata?

Just follow the link from above to get the SVN
and this link for the OpenRDX Mediapack:

http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...Pack.html#beta

Diatrive 10-14-10 06:10 AM

Uggh this does not look good, got RDX to load but all the frames are broken. Looks like even after something is ready the frames will all have to be rebuilt :(

Kcori 10-14-10 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diatrive (Post 209821)
Uggh this does not look good, got RDX to load but all the frames are broken. Looks like even after something is ready the frames will all have to be rebuilt :(

Try checking all your scripts.........disable them for now, Hope that helps

sigg 10-14-10 07:14 AM

As I was saying, 7.5 is not ready and is not supposed to be used on live servers

7.4.9 will arrive tonight.

Shamino 10-14-10 07:27 AM

thanks Sigg, i think there is just some confusion over what direction you guys were taking.

i'll likely continue to mess around with both versions and help get 7.5 in shape for realtime. but obviously while it loads without error, its really not functional when you try to use it.

roy_e_brisby 10-14-10 03:32 PM

bumped into a strange problem with 7.4.9 Beta - group filtersets don't seem to be working properly with a random/daily heroic group?

When I invite someone on the same server with me, the name pops up in the group/raid window. But when I do a random heroic I can't seem to see anyone from off server now. Their names do not seem to appear in the group/raid window I've built.

My FilterSet is simply set to "everyone", and the SecureSort was set by class.

The RDX damage meter/threat meter seems to be working normally though - people from other servers do seem to show up there.

Still trying to test a few things out. First group I got in with 7.4.9 had 3/5 players show up, but haven't seen any pop up since in some other random heroics I've been running. Only thing I've noticed is subsequent groups had people not from my server.

unlimit 10-14-10 08:06 PM

Sigg, I believe that is part of the HeaderGrid bug you had a while ago in the SVN for 7.5? That fix would be beneficial for 7.4.9, too.