WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help with addon (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50671)

Phanx 12-20-14 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 302801)
Now if only there was a version with a computer tower and a flat panel instead of a desktop and a CRT. Oh, how the times have changed.

Indeed... the last time I had a literal "desktop" computer like that, it was accompanied by a monochrome (black/amber) monitor and a very large dot-matrix printer.

SDPhantom 12-20-14 03:10 AM

My parents had an Epson 286 desktop with a color monitor. Personally, my first computer was an IBM 486/66DX2 and it was a tower.

10leej 12-20-14 04:10 PM

My first computer was a Dell and it was sold to me by some guy named Steve. He talked like some skateboarder or something like always saying "Dude your getting a dell"

Poor Steve wound up in a mental hospital when I got rid of that old Dell.

Xrystal 12-20-14 06:16 PM

Our first family computers were an Amstrad CPC 464 and Commodore 64 way back in the late 80s, shared between me and my 3 brothers. But my first personal computer was a Dell back when I was 22 and did programming professionally. I keep trying to get back into proper programming since I stopped a long time ago but my current job doesn't give me time to relax let alone give my brain an extra work out rofl. So writing addons help me keep the basics in practice. My website also hasn't been touched in what probably amounts to years for the same reason.

Lost count of the number of computers since then but now we all have a computer each rofl even my parents.

As to the interest in women and the internet, I think it is also the fact guys are surprised how many of us there are that can program and *shock* play games that used to be the realm of the Y gene.

And to keep on topic .... haha, good joke. I actually sat on that first page waiting for a screenshot to load in that big gap .. rofl.

Duugu 12-20-14 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xrystal (Post 302833)
Commodore 64

Atari XL - come to the dark side :D

JDoubleU00 12-20-14 09:18 PM

The first PC I used was an Apple IIE. The first one I owned was a Commodore 64 with a converter to use a TV for a monitor.

The very first computer I used was a IBM 360:

Then I used a Bell and Howell Teletype to connect to a Honeywell Mainframe:

Yes, I am a little older than some of you and maybe not so with others. :)

Rilgamon 12-21-14 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duugu (Post 302837)
Atari XL - come to the dark side :D

Atari 800 XL not just XL ;) I was sooo proud of my basic program that was able
to fill a COMPLETE floppy disc with nonsense data to make use of this unending space ;)

SDPhantom 12-21-14 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10leej (Post 302828)
My first computer was a Dell and it was sold to me by some guy named Steve. He talked like some skateboarder or something like always saying "Dude your getting a dell"

Didn't Dell have that running as their TV commercial for a while?

Phanx 12-21-14 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rilgamon (Post 302855)
I was sooo proud of my basic program that was able to fill a COMPLETE floppy disc with nonsense data to make use of this unending space ;)

But which kind of floppy disk was it? How endless was it?!

I miss flipping through boxes of 5.25" floppies. They made such a nice papery sound.

Rilgamon 12-21-14 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 302859)
But which kind of floppy disk was it? How endless was it?!

I miss flipping through boxes of 5.25" floppies. They made such a nice papery sound.

yes, 5.25" ... dont remember if hd oder dd ... but thinking about it ... was around 100k depending on the format you used. IIRC I used happy dos ... or was it dos for happy ... funny how much of the stuff is forgotten :)

10leej 12-21-14 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 302856)

I dunno. I never had a TV that didn't watch local news.

Vis 12-24-14 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDPhantom (Post 302856)

Like this one? http://youtu.be/sZi1Ouc4Wtk