WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ni Karma System (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51377)

Hallemael 01-01-15 10:03 PM

Ni Karma System
 
Hi all,
To preface, I am extremely new with coding and have no major depth of knowledge to draw from. If I ask a newb question, please overlook it and forgive me. I took some time away from WoW and recently returned. I am looking to start a raiding guild and the loot system I have used in the past seem to work great while building a guild as it let PuGs know that we were fair with distribution and the more time/effort you contributed, the more likely you were to receive the piece you wanted when time came to roll on it. That being said, I was sad to see that there had been no updates made to it since 4.0 and the author hasn't had any activity since 2010. I downloaded the addon, updated the table and loaded it to see how much functionality was there. It seem to load without issues, but when I went through the basic commands to check it, it would throw me an error about a positive or negative number when distributing points. I faintly remember a chat change a couple of years ago and am wondering if this is something that was affected by that change. I would really like to update it for use in 6.0 and beyond but at this time, I'd have an easier time trying to figure out what women really mean when they make ambiguous statements than sorting it out. I know back in the day, addon studio was decent at pointing out invalid arguments but it seems to no longer be useful. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Hallemael

Phanx 01-01-15 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallemael (Post 304215)
I'd have an easier time trying to figure out what women really mean when they make ambiguous statements

Okay, obviously you don't want my help then... :rolleyes:

Hallemael 01-01-15 11:39 PM

Lol
 
It wasn't meant as an affront, just to the complexity of which a females mind is tied to things more than just logic in a single thought process whereas men are generally wired for logic or emotion etc in individual thought processes. Sorry if it was taken as an offense

Phanx 01-02-15 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallemael (Post 304227)
... the complexity of which a females mind is tied to things more than just logic in a single thought process whereas men are generally wired for logic or emotion etc in individual thought processes.

Did you just step out of a time machine from the 1920s? What's next? Hysteria? Next time, maybe try not inserting irrelevant sexist nonsense in your requests for help... this is a programming forum, not a frat house.

Hallemael 01-02-15 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanx (Post 304242)
... this is a programming forum, not a frat house.

got your point the first time, why are you still flaming? You have derailed my attempt at a request for help by picking a single line from my request to invalidate it. Is this what this community is about? Someone looking for a reason to not help other people? I didn't ask for someone to fix it, I just want some input as the best place to look in order to make it work. I have not kept up with all things wow and when I ask for help I get bashed? Because I made a statement based off of recent research that comes from this decade? Yes, a link will be provided just for you at the end. How do you feel entitled to jack a thread to to bash someone? I followed the context of requesting help by letting the community know the addon is located for distribution on this website, that the author hadn't had any activity since 2010, and the problem I am experiencing. I stated that I faintly remember some chat changes that had been made in the way addons communicate and I asked if that was the logical reason and if it were, what should I look for in order to fix it. Where is the sexist remark? I am sorry that you feel the way you do. No one should be so unhappy in their life, that they feel the need to belittle someone in order to feel better. Hope you have a better day and take some time to enjoy life instead of hating it. This will be my last post on this forum as I already have plenty of things in life to cause stress and do not feel the need to add any mroe to that list. Here is that link to help you get out of last century. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269652.php

Vlad 01-02-15 11:01 AM


Hallemael 01-02-15 02:33 PM

Awesome
 
What a wonderful community.

Bet your lives are the greatest thing that ever happened to humanity. Since I am unworthy of real posts, I'll find what I need on my own while the rest of you enlightened individuals get your rocks off with mockery and self centered assinine behavior. I use a single line to acknowledge my lack of understanding in code and the thread is hi-jacked. I didn't violate any terms of use on this website about the way I posted my request for help. I stated the name of the addon and that it is available on this website. I stated that the addon author had not had any activity on the site since 2010. I stated where I was having issues and asked if some changes in the past were the logical explanation and asked what to look for in order to fix it. When someone was offended over a line in my request, I apologized and clarified my statement of that sentence. That was scientific information based on research performed within the last 5 years, not last century.http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269652.php Since I don't have anything nice to say, it is highly unlikely I will return to this community of such wonderful and helpful people. I honeslty can't thank you enough for all of your help and wish you the best... That being said, go F U C K - O F F!

sirann 01-02-15 02:48 PM

@vlad

Debated posting something along these lines

Phanx 01-02-15 03:02 PM

Hey, off-color jokes among friends are fine, but when asking strangers for help, especially online where you have no idea who you're actually talking to, that's just really not what you should open with... and when you're called out on it, and your response is to dig yourself a deeper hole, well... it provided me with a few moments of entertainment for the morning. :D

Banknorris 01-02-15 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallemael (Post 304215)
I'd have an easier time trying to figure out what women really mean when they make ambiguous statements than sorting it out. Thanks in advance,

Hallemael

Well, do you like women? Because if you do then you need to accept the whole package. Women are like this because it is (was, no wait, I think it still is) an evolutionary advantage. When a man flirsts with a woman, her ambiguous statements bring her 2 advantages (as in: increase her chances to transmit hers genes):
1) Being ambiguous instead of just saying no, prevents her from having her head hit by a club weapon (yeah I mean caveman man since modern man wouldn't use club weapons, they would use baseball bats...)
2) Being ambiguous motivate man to bring her gifts like a duck corpse so she can eat it and survive (yeah I mean caveman man again since modern man would take her out to a romantic dinner)

Certainly, in some millions years, if those ambiguous answers turn out to not be an evolutionary advantage anymore, they will slowly disappear and, together with other man/woman differences, man and woman will become really equal. Gladly, I will be long dead when this happens.

Ketho 01-02-15 04:39 PM

Sorry but I have no idea what OP is talking about

Can you rephrase it ... normally, so everyone can understand?

Tonyleila 01-02-15 10:14 PM


JDoubleU00 01-02-15 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad (Post 304255)

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

ravagernl 01-03-15 06:17 AM

You're talking about an error when adding/subtracting points, but failed to actually include the error.

Other then that, TL;DR.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 AM.

vBulletin © 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd
© 2004 - 2019 MMOUI