WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   nUI: Suggestion Box (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Oh oh oh! I've got an idea... (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24579)

spiel2001 06-08-09 01:56 PM

Oh oh oh! I've got an idea...

Adding it here because I'm at work and don't want to forget it... add markers to the health/power bars (optional) that show where the health and/or power level last was before the last change so you can see how much health or power you gained/lost on the last tick.

Can't see a way to use it in the HUD (curved bars) but no problem on linear bars.

voodoodad 06-08-09 01:59 PM

Well? Where is it??? You posted this TWO minutes ago, and you haven't put out an update yet? Yer slackin, buddy! :D

havoxx 06-08-09 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 142017)
Adding it here because I'm at work and don't want to forget it... add markers to the health/power bars (optional) that show where the health and/or power level last was before the last change so you can see how much health or power you gained/lost on the last tick.

Can't see a way to use it in the HUD (curved bars) but no problem on linear bars.

What about a color effect? Purple for the change in mana, orange for energy, white for rage, and and a teal/cyan color for HP? Would that be possible?

On a side note, I forgot to ask you, have you had a chance to check out why TOP won't work for the bar orientation?

spiel2001 06-08-09 04:00 PM

I was kind of thinking of tick marks as they would be more visible and more generic. A color overlay could be hard to see and adds a good bit of rendering complexity (calculating the edges, sizing the texture, etc.) but could be done.

spiel2001 06-27-09 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay -- I have an implementation of this done for tomorrow's update. I've attached a couple of screen shots to show it in action. You'll note that my rage has a section that's a lighter red -- that shows how much my rage increased in the last tick. In the second shot, you see a large gray section above the target's health in the HUD and to the right on the unit frame which shows how much health the target lost since the last tick.

Xrystal 06-27-09 05:57 PM

Cool Scott.

Baltharus 07-07-09 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiel2001 (Post 145029)
Okay -- I have an implementation of this done for tomorrow's update. I've attached a couple of screen shots to show it in action. You'll note that my rage has a section that's a lighter red -- that shows how much my rage increased in the last tick. In the second shot, you see a large gray section above the target's health in the HUD and to the right on the unit frame which shows how much health the target lost since the last tick.

is this only for when health/power is lost? or does it show how much you gained as well?

spiel2001 07-07-09 09:12 AM

Gained and lost.

Baltharus 07-07-09 09:19 AM

awesome!!!

EDIT: i need to learn to read.. it totally says that in your post hahaha