WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released Compilations (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Rated M - 1920x1080 (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45937)

Opladin 03-05-13 08:40 AM

Rated M - 1920x1080

1 Attachment(s)
Rated M Interface Setup:

( Created for Rated M of Winterhoof )
( Rated M of Winterhoof Message Board: RatedM.Gamerz.co )

DEFAULT RESOLUTION FOR THIS VERSION: 1920x1080
(Also available in 1280x720 as an optional download)

This addon pack was created for the Alliance guild Rated M of the Winterhoof server. We accept both casual gamers and raiders alike, so if you're looking for a great guild come join us on Winterhoof. If you're interested in joining please contact one of the members in game and they can direct you to a member of the leadership or an officer to answer any questions you have have. If you have questions about the addon or requests for additional components please feel free to message me or post in the comments section.

***PLEASE CLOSE WOW COMPLETELY BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THESE STEPS***

Installation:

1. Download the .zip file and extract Interface and WTF to your World of Warcraft directory.

2. Change the Account, Server, and Character name to match your information.

3. Load World of Warcraft and login to the character with the name you used above.

4. Select "Yes" when prompted by Tidy Plates: Threat Plates

5. Type this exactly as it is case sensitive: /reflux switch RatedM

6. Your UI should now be loaded.

Check your graphic and sound settings as they may need to be changed.

Opladin 03-06-13 04:06 PM

I'm updating daily over the next week to ensure all addons are fully compatible with patch 5.2 as the individual addons are seeing frequent updates due to the new code.

Phanx 03-06-13 04:14 PM

That's a lot of setup instructions. You may want to consider writing a custom addon to automate all of the in-game setup. See MayronUI and this recent forum thread for an example of how to do this. At the very least, add Reflux so all of that profile-switching can be condensed to a single step: type "/reflux switch Rated M".

Opladin 03-06-13 07:54 PM

You're really only doing three things.

/Bartender and selecting the profile

/Omen Config and selecting the profile.

/Vuhdo Options and selecting the profile.

I just wrote everything out the long way, so people who had never used a custom interface pack would be able to go step by step through the process. It's actually a very simple setup.

Seerah 03-06-13 08:23 PM

Have you looked into http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/reflux ?

Phanx 03-06-13 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opladin (Post 274110)
You're really only doing three things. ... I just wrote everything out the long way, so people who had never used a custom interface pack would be able to go step by step through the process. It's actually a very simple setup.

Yeah, but it looks like a huge amount of instructions to follow, and I can only imagine how daunting that looks to someone who's never done it before. Just use Reflux. It's way easier, for both you, and your users. You could simplify all of those instructions to just:

Log into the game. Type "/reflux switch Rated M" and press Enter. Now all of your addons are using the right settings!

Opladin 03-07-13 12:02 AM

Sounds good. I'll look at getting Reflux setup with the addon tomorrow. I've devoted tonight to putting together a new phpbb message board for my guild.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it!

Opladin 03-07-13 01:27 PM

Phanx and Seerah... I wanted to say thanks. I spent the morning getting to know Reflux very well. She's a bit fickle, but once you get in her good graces she's pretty sexy. I've redesigned compilation a bit and it's now super easy to install. I'm waiting on an LFR queue currently so I can get some decent screencaps. Once I get those I'll get my new version posted!

Opladin