WoWInterface

WoWInterface (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Weird Error with Svarten's MyInventory (https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129)

Raleign 01-19-05 03:37 PM

Weird Error with Svarten's MyInventory

1 Attachment(s)
This one's been a real bother so I'll make it fast. A screenshot of an error I get whenever I try to open the main menu (the one with Video Options, Sound options, etc)

Svarten 01-19-05 03:43 PM

not at that wierd actualy :)

There is a small problem in the first release, a /console reloadui will get rid of it permanently, what is happening is that the AddOn is loading to fast, UnitName is not yet available so can't access the character Profiile.

I am looking into it though for next version :)

I'll see about getting a new version up tonight, realy sorry about that misshap, it works after you get your profile made though, so just reloadui and you can use it...

/Svarten

Raleign 01-19-05 03:52 PM

Thanks Svarten. The only reason I claimed it was "weird" Was that I had no idea that it always did that on first run. :) As far as I knew, I had encountered a major bug, and thought "Hey! I've found a bug! Why don't I try to get it solved asap?" You could see my reasoning.

Thanks again for telling me the solution.

[EDIT]: Fixed a spelling error.

Raleign 01-19-05 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nope, nope, and more nope. :( It still didn't work.

By the way, there's also an error when I try to open the MyInventory screen, which I have attached.

Ramble 01-19-05 04:23 PM

I also got a that message. But i not able to open any of my
bags at all. Any idea? i tried t download it in my Cosmos.
Didnt work. SO then i downloaded Your Ui. Still didnt work.

thx

jarayn 01-19-05 04:25 PM

Same for me

Doesnt work for me either .. same error. I thought I posted this in the download section where you had written about the changes you made Svart .. however I cant see it there now so ...
I get the inventory error as well .. and also if I use reloadui the entire client crashes.
For info .. you said you removed allinoneinventory and replaced it with myinventory .. well .. the download that I have does not reflect this change .. it only has allinone
Anyway .. if my other post shows up somewhere sorry for the double :)

Svarten 01-19-05 05:04 PM

k, try download the version on my site http://www.svarten.com/WoW/ if that works let me know, I did some fiddling around trying to get it to make the Profile as soon as possible :)

/Svarten

Svarten 01-19-05 05:09 PM

Uploaded a new zip, I tried it on a brand new character, it should work for all of you too. Will take a little for mods to approve it thoguh...

/Svarten

Raleign 01-19-05 05:59 PM

It Works!

2 Attachment(s)
If you didn't read the title, It works!

Well, Almost...

I had to rebind "b" (which I had set to open all bags) to open the MyInventory window, And when I tried to set it to replace bags, it gave me an error. Also, though it's likely a "I don't have the right version of lootlink" error, It gives me an error whenever I mouse over an item in the MyInventory window. The second error could probably be fixed by downloading the version of lootlink on your website, so it's no big deal.

[EDIT] Yup, downloading the version of lootlink from your website fixed the 2nd error. All that's left is the first one I showed in this post. Hooray! :)

Svarten 01-20-05 12:23 AM

That's what you get for beeing a lazy ass, and borrow someone elses function :)

I fixed it, it shouldn't occure in next upload...

/Svarten

shadrak 01-20-05 02:59 PM

I am constantly getting the Lootlink error. Could you make a version without the lootlink? Just the all in one inventory nothing extra. Also, is there anyway to make the all in one inventory window open up when at a merchant unstead of just the backpack?

thanks
-Shad

IanthePez 01-20-05 04:51 PM

The only problem I have is the lootlink error that refers to line 742...

attempt to call global 'LootLink_Tooltip_Hook' a nil value. I have tried the newest version of lootlink and that doesn't help....

also, i'm curious about the bag opening at a vendor just like the above poster...getting close to just what I want :)

Edit: I did notice one other thing...I am a hunter and it shows the slots from my ammo bag, which isn't too bad, except that they are included in the free slots number which I don't like. The Bag Numbers Mod proberly does this, I just don't know which part of the code it is. Thanks

jarayn 01-20-05 08:03 PM

Still the same for me .. i.e it doesnt work .. same inv error and still crashes client when i /console reloadui .. did delete wtf and wdb + make new char .. so I dont know why I cant get it to work
Just to be clear .. I dont expect you to fix it for me just letting you know in case its of help/interest.
Thanks for the effort so far though :)

Svarten 01-21-05 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarayn
Still the same for me .. i.e it doesnt work .. same inv error and still crashes client when i /console reloadui .. did delete wtf and wdb + make new char .. so I dont know why I cant get it to work
Just to be clear .. I dont expect you to fix it for me just letting you know in case its of help/interest.
Thanks for the effort so far though :)

MyInventory have never crashed the client, that is a traint of QuestMinion...

Try disabling QM, please.

/Svarten

Svarten 01-21-05 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadrak
I am constantly getting the Lootlink error. Could you make a version without the lootlink? Just the all in one inventory nothing extra. Also, is there anyway to make the all in one inventory window open up when at a merchant unstead of just the backpack?

thanks
-Shad

Use: /mi replacebags

/Svarten